Thread: PFM Serendipity - 20 years old

PFM Serendipity - 20 years old

I've followed the thread on PFM's Jet Lag and I've enjoyed reading opinions on the album.

While looking through Twitter this evening, PFM's twitter feed posted that today was the 20th anniversary of the release of Serendipity. Following the interesting comeback CD, Ulisse, I had expected something more like a concept album. But, it was nothing like that (or if there's a concept, I've never discerned it). I suspect that this album has not gotten a lot of love from many on this forum. At the time, I did find myself liking many of its songs. But, I haven't listened to it in years.

Based on this evening's tweet, I've given it another listen. Some of the songs still hold up and some don't. I didn't realize, until now, that Corrado Rustici produced the album. I should have recognized his amazing guitar work on the final track, "Exit". It only took me 20 years to figure that out!

I quite like this album. There are a couple of weaker songs on it, but in general it's a great short-songs album.
    Cobra handling and cocaine use are a bad mix.