Thread: Genesis 2020 Tour at Risk?

Genesis 2020 Tour at Risk?

I have not heard anything about the 2020 tour since Covid hit. I wonder if the tour is at risk and if so it will ever get off the ground (e.g. Will they feel like doing it a year from now). Anyone heard anything??

They're going to reunite with Peter Gabriel and Steve Howe to perform Brain Salad Surgery in its entirety on tour using Gerald Scarfe's original set designs.
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Is the tour at risk?

Of course. All tours for 2020 are at risk. And quite likely 2021 - at least for the US

Mike Rutherford is gonna do a solo bass pedal tour to empty stadiums, instead.

Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post
    They're going to reunite with Peter Gabriel and Steve Howe to perform Brain Salad Surgery in its entirety on tour using Gerald Scarfe's original set designs.
    No room for Roger "Bottled" Waters there?

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    No room for Roger "Bottled" Waters there?
    After how he treated Martin Barre?? NO WAY HOSE
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Obviously the short term is at risk - I would expect the tour to be delayed... what i was asking is has anyone heard if it will just be cancelled altogether... Its one thing for an artist like the Weeknd or Imagine Dragons to get back to doing what they do... Restart their tours, continue their careers, building their brands, etc. - but one-off reunions like genesis ever getting of the ground in this environment - it seems unlikely at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Bass Pedals Rock View Post
    Its one thing for an artist like the Weeknd or Imagine Dragons to get back to doing what they do... Restart their tours, continue their careers, building their brands, etc. - but one-off reunions like genesis ever getting of the ground in this environment - it seems unlikely at this point.
    I dunno. There's more money involved than for Imagine Dragons (which is always an inducement for anything) and it isn't like those three guys are booked up with anything like having to work....
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Seems unlikely this year for any concerts.

Even if concerts resume by October, a big tour like this one would have problems. They probably aren't in close enough proximity that they've been able to rehearse all this time, plus they've lost a lot of time in getting their team together for sound, set construction, etc. The first concerts that happen after covid will probably be local bands playing close to home.

What is surprising is that Genesis have said nothing about cancelling, rescheduling, etc.

I would suppose all performers are just in limbo right now. I know I get emails from theaters with new concert scheduled but I don’t know how much of a response they are getting back of ticket sales. It’s like playing kitty by the door right now and will most likely be that way for quite some time to come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post
    After how he treated Martin Barre?? NO WAY HOSE
    That's raising the Barre.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

The tour that "might have been" may very well sound better than if one should actually occur.
    Sleeping at home is killing the hotel business!

Maybe they can invite 100 people to GenesisFest for $100,000 a ticket, and then distribute the livestream for $999.95

Rescheduled dates, now April 2021. http://assets.umusic.co.uk/umc/Genes...July/admat.jpg

Thanks for the link. US dates seem lees likely even than before.

They've already artistically distanced from each other so would it be difficult to socially distance as well during a tour.
    Mongrel dog soils actor's feet