Page 178 of 235 FirstFirst ... 78128168174175176177178179180181182188228 ... LastLast
Results 4,426 to 4,450 of 5872

Thread: COVID-19 Coronavirus Information and Discussion

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Camelogue View Post
    My dear Uncle Tony passed away from Covid at the age o f91.....
    Very sorry to hear that, Camelogue!

Sorry to hear that Bob. My sympathies.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    Even though I don't partake anymore, I agree with you. I haven't smoked weed in 35 years (fuck, I'm OLD!), but I always thought it should be legal.
    I agree and don't ever see myself smoking. Edibles, perhaps, someday. I just wish they could breed the skunk out. Holy crap, a block away someone is "sneaking" a hit. I know it didn't reek that much 40 years ago.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

Very sorry for your loss.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Sorry for our loss Bob.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Quote Originally Posted by spellbound View Post
    That wouldn't surprise me. The only thing surprising about international business travel is that it is for something as useless as business meetings and conferences. I tend to forget there are people who do that. I've only flown for business a few times in my life, always to do a job rather than for a meeting. Never left the country for those, and all were in pre-plague days. Doesn't really matter whether the money for your flight is your own or that of a corporation, you're still a disease vector when you travel internationally during a plague.
    One interesting thing that will probably come out of the pandemic is that business travel will be reduced a lot. Now that everyone has learned how to do their meetings remotely it will be a game changer for business travel.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeuhlmate View Post
    Norway - In Norway you can only buy booze, wine and stronger beers in one chain shop, the state shop, "The wine monopoly".
    Oslo city decided to combat covid by closing the wine monopoly. You could though order online and get your goods a week later.
    So what happened - people drove to other cities to obey their thirst (and presumably bringing their covid infection with them).

The Wine Monopoly in Oslo has opened again. Plan skipped.

The main complaint in the media was endless queues on the roads... I was told...
    In the United States, every state has it’s own individual beer / wine / liquor / & now marijuana laws, so it can vary greatly from state to state. In Michigan you can buy beer / wine / liquor at just about any store. There are not state stores. Pot dispensaries are popping up all over the state now too since it is legal in the state. If you go across the border to another state the laws can be completely different.

Sorry for your loss.

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    I still wear a smile of pride when I read a statement like that! It so civil and respectful to have legal pot. There was a submarine sandwhich store right near my house that was converted to a pot store. It's just still blows my mind that it's legal and easier to access. If liquor is essential, so is pot! I realize several U.S. states are legal but is should be nationwide. I actually ordered online with free fast shipments across Canada for high quality product of a huge variety products for very reasonable prices.
    Pot is now legal in Michigan and since I am now retired from working in Pharma I can partake again. I have smoked very little over the past 30 years or so, maybe taking the occasional hit at a concert or music festival, but with random drug testing on my job, it was always a risk. Since my retirement I have begun smoking a bit here and there. I still generally like alcohol more than pot, but it is nice to relax and listen to some music before going to bed.

My condolences to you and your family
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    One interesting thing that will probably come out of the pandemic is that business travel will be reduced a lot. Now that everyone has learned how to do their meetings remotely it will be a game changer for business travel.
    I can already see how some travel will be eliminated from my job. Part of my job is to train new sales people that we hire. I usually travel to their location and spend a couple of days in a hotel meeting room with them. This year, I've adjusted to doing it online and I don't see any reason why that can't continue. Some travel will need to continue, but I figure my own travel just got cut in half. Which is great!

Pot is now legal in Michigan and since I am now retired from working in Pharma I can partake again. I have smoked very little over the past 30 years or so, maybe taking the occasional hit at a concert or music festival, but with random drug testing on my job, it was always a risk. Since my retirement I have begun smoking a bit here and there. I still generally like alcohol more than pot, but it is nice to relax and listen to some music before going to bed.
    Complicating matters is it's still technically illegal under US Federal law. Banks won't touch it with a 10ft pole, making it a cash only business. In states where it's legal, taxes must be paid with an armored truck load of cash.

In the United States, every state has it’s own individual beer / wine / liquor / & now marijuana laws, so it can vary greatly from state to state. In Michigan you can buy beer / wine / liquor at just about any store. There are not state stores. Pot dispensaries are popping up all over the state now too since it is legal in the state. If you go across the border to another state the laws can be completely different.
    As of Jan 1, it became legal for recreational use here in AZ. The first rec sales happened yesterday. The "dispensaries" who formerly sold only for medical use are now selling for rec use.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

Sorry to hear about this. It really sucks that someone who made it so far and survived so much over the years got taken by this fucking virus. My condolences to you and your family.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by progmatist View Post
    As of Jan 1, it became legal for recreational use here in AZ. The first rec sales happened yesterday. The "dispensaries" who formerly sold only for medical use are now selling for rec use.
    Wow. AZ is becoming an enlightened state in SO many ways. Who'da thunk it?
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Cool. I'm really cautious about my use. Once a week on Friday night while watching prog rock videos. I haven't smoked pot in a year. All hashish (much easier to smoke).
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Manaus, Brazil:

‘A complete massacre, a horror film’: inside Brazil's Covid disaster.
    The fall-off in people’s immunity and the changes in the virus mean this second wave is uncontrollable

People are getting the infection twice.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...amazonas-state

Covid-19 outbreak in Manaus suggests herd immunity may not be possible:

Read more: https://www.newscientist.com/article...#ixzz6kbhkjMh3

Cool. I'm really cautious about my use. Once a week on Friday night while watching prog rock videos. I haven't smoked pot in a year. All hashish (much easier to smoke).
    Back in the days when I did drugs, I always preferred hash over pot...and eating it vs. smoking it.

Maybe I should try edibles. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeuhlmate View Post
    Manaus, Brazil:

‘A complete massacre, a horror film’: inside Brazil's Covid disaster.
    The fall-off in people’s immunity and the changes in the virus mean this second wave is uncontrollable

People are getting the infection twice.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...amazonas-state

Covid-19 outbreak in Manaus suggests herd immunity may not be possible:

Read more: https://www.newscientist.com/article...#ixzz6kbhkjMh3
    That's scary stuff. I can't imagine running out of oxygen. Horrid.

My condolences to you and your family Camelogue.

Tomás.
    Pura Vida!.

There are two kinds of music. Good music, and the other kind. ∞
    Duke Ellington.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    That's scary stuff. I can't imagine running out of oxygen. Horrid.
    What we are going through in our part of the world is a shadow in comparison.
    I am a bit worried that it could mean that vaccinations wont work with this covid-strain.
    Globalism is bringing everything around despite regulations. In Denmark we have at least 3 strains circulating.

Complicating matters is it's still technically illegal under US Federal law. Banks won't touch it with a 10ft pole, making it a cash only business. In states where it's legal, taxes must be paid with an armored truck load of cash.

It has been legal here for about 2 years now and there are dispensaries all over the place. As you mention it is still illegal under federal law, but that does not appear to be coming into play.

We have a friend who grows his own (high quality) and gave us a bag for Christmas. I have been smoking it occasionally at night, usually listening or watching music. Pot has never been a social drug for me as I tend to get more introverted than the other way around. As mentioned before, I still prefer alcohol to pot so I doubt I will become a regular smoker, but I do like to do it occasionally.

We now have two of the three states that border us go legal. And of course, Canada to the north but we can't go there. When this virus lifts I am going to find some way to get seeds (even if it means I have to jam them up my ass to cross the border) and start growing my own. Then we'll do edibles for my pain issues and for my wife's depression.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Tigers and Lions infected with covid–19 in Swedish Zoo

https://www.dr.dk/nyheder/seneste/ko...us-flere-tigre

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    In Washington state the owners of dispensaries and grow ops were hit by a rash of "inside jobs" whereby they're cash boxes would get hit and they'd lose all their profits, including payroll. I guess safes were too expensive.