Page 128 of 133 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132 ... LastLast
Results 3,176 to 3,200 of 3324

Thread: Vintage TV thread

Hey, I'm watching... Killer Clowns From Outer Space ...on Svengoolie.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    I'm surprised you're not watching the Hurricanes.

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    For the third time this year... I'll be glad when he finally shovels some dirt on that Spawn of Svengoolie segment.

Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    For the third time this year... I'll be glad when he finally shovels some dirt on that Spawn of Svengoolie segment.
    The whole show is a missed opportunity. They are complacent in their inanity. So many readily available movies to show.

Apparently, a local Pittsburgh station is resurrecting their late night horror movie host. It was equally idiotic back in the day. But, anything would be better than the crap they're showing on Me-TV. I mean, camp is one thing. But this trash isn't even entertaining in that regard.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    The whole show is a missed opportunity. They are complacent in their inanity. So many readily available movies to show.

Apparently, a local Pittsburgh station is resurrecting their late night horror movie host. It was equally idiotic back in the day. But, anything would be better than the crap they're showing on Me-TV. I mean, camp is one thing. But this trash isn't even entertaining in that regard.
    Yeah, it's corny but then again all of them are/were corny, doing pretty much 'schtick'. But Svengoolie is coasting in a big way, repeating jokes and showing decades old bits, and cycling the same 12 or 15 movies a year. There's way more movies that could be shown under the format but this show is way beyond lazy. If my wife didn't like it I'd have no use for it.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    I'm surprised you're not watching the Hurricanes.
    It wasn't on free TV. I heard the ending was a disaster....lol.

Watching.......Kingdom of The Spiders, starring.....William Shatner.

Watching.......Kingdom of The Spiders, starring.....William Shatner.
    Gotta start someplace. I think the first time I saw him was on Alfred Hitchcock Presents and Judgement at Nuremberg.
    The older I get, the better I was.

Quote Originally Posted by Staun View Post
    Gotta start someplace. I think the first time I saw him was on Alfred Hitchcock Presents and Judgement at Nuremberg.
    Kingdom of the Spiders is post Star Trek, from the mid-70s, right around the same time he was in The Devil's Rain and various other B-movies and B-roles.

Kingdom of the Spiders is post Star Trek, from the mid-70s, right around the same time he was in The Devil's Rain and various other B-movies and B-roles.
    Did Shatner do a made-for-TV movie about a convict on a runaway train who prevents a disaster? Really vague memory from many years ago, one memory is of a scene where a gang of railway workers hold a piece of track in place by brute force while the train passes by.

^ As a former track department employee, all I can say is, "good luck with that."

I'm watching the M*A*S*H Finale on MeTV. I've seen it countless times. Never get tired of it. Best finale of a classic series ever.

I'm watching the M*A*S*H Finale on MeTV. I've seen it countless times. Never get tired of it. Best finale of a classic series ever.
    And yet through all the decades of reruns, the finale has rarely been aired. Likely because if the series never ends, it can be rerun in perpetuity.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

I started watching Tales from the Crypt on YT. Never saw it back in the day as I just didn't know about it, and was working too much & didn't have HBO. It has a lot of different writers and actors in their budding days.

Yeah, it's effin' great. But there are a few I love more...

"Remain in Light," final episode of Babylon 5 - one of the very few teevee episodes ever to actually make me cry.
    "All Good Things," final episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation.
    The final episode ... heck, the last two minutes ... of Newhart.
    Cobra handling and cocaine use are a bad mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturgeon's Lawyer View Post

"Remain in Light," final episode of Babylon 5 - one of the very few teevee episodes ever to actually make me cry.
    I don't think I've seen more than 10 minutes of Babylon 5. I've seen All Good Things a couple of times. And yes, Newhart was the greatest series ender of all time.

I've been watching The Closer (with Kyra Sedgwick). She normally gets on my nerves but the show is very good turns out and the series ender was preceded by episodes that took viewers completely off guard. Of course the series changed names and the characters went on without Sedgewick (Major Crimes) but I've yet to delve.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturgeon's Lawyer View Post

This was another good last episode, which I never saw until I saw it online much later.

It’s funny how one would think that an actor who has had success would go back to B movies. Of course there are several examples of this. Trog with Joan Crawford always comes to mind.
    The older I get, the better I was.

It’s funny how one would think that an actor who has had success would go back to B movies. Of course there are several examples of this. Trog with Joan Crawford always comes to mind.
    In all fairness to Joan, she was at the end of her career.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    ^ As a former track department employee, all I can say is, "good luck with that."
    I did a bit of digging - it's called Disaster on the Coastliner. As well as The Shat, it has Lloyd Bridges (rehearsing for Airplane), Raymond Burr, Pat Hingle and Yvette Mimieux.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6svx_BR5HVc

Look from about 1:21:30. No, I don't buy it either.
    Last edited by Halmyre; 11-13-2023 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    In all fairness to Joan, she was at the end of her career.
    Besides, from what I understand, she needed a hefty paycheck because she was running out of hangers.
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

Watching.....The Invisible Ray (1936), with Boris Karloff and Bela Lugosi.

Watching.....The Invisible Ray (1936), with Boris Karloff and Bela Lugosi.
    Not half bad, a lesser known, perhaps underappreciated classic horror/science fiction movie (emphasis on the fiction). Not iconic, but not overplayed either.

That said, the guy in the coffin is coasting big time. We were subject to that wretched Svengoolie Stomp song one more time, for no reason other than to fill out an extended time slot. I have no idea why this show was extended to two and a half hours. I kinda like the idea of a schlocky.horror movie host out of nostalgia, but Rich Koz (Svengoolie) has all the gusto of a work release inmate.

^^ Agreed. I have no idea what they were thinking by adding 30 minutes. And Sven reads every line, no matter what it is, the same way with the same inflections.

I have had a couple of happy accidents recently, tuning across:
    Barbara Eden as "The Manicurist" on the Andy Griffith Show, where her lushness throws the town into a tizzy. As well it should....
    And the episode of "Have Gun Will Travel" when a callow young gambler encounters a character named 'Smoke' and eventually (after killing him and the finding why he should regret what he has become) assumes Smoke's wardrobe and mission and takes the name given to him -- Paladin.

Is that episode titled 'Genesis'? ? ?

David