Page 53 of 134 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 3346

Thread: Vintage TV thread

Did you guys know that Dawn Wells passed away?

The crush I had on her wasn't because she was the "wholesome, girl next." I just thought she was pretty, and had a spanking body. Ginger? Meh ( compared to Ms. Wells).....

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    Did you guys know that Dawn Wells passed away?

The crush I had on her wasn't because she was the "wholesome, girl next." I just thought she was pretty, and had a spanking body. Ginger? Meh ( compared to Ms. Wells).....
    Yeah, COVID complications, apparently.

There's a Godzilla marathon on COMET TV right now.

For those unaware, the 13th season/series of Dr Who premiers tonight on BBC America. Check your local program guide for air time.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by progmatist View Post
    For those unaware, the 13th season/series of Dr Who premiers tonight on BBC America. Check your local program guide for air time.
    I'll have to figure out if there's not someplace I can watch it online.

We watched quite a bit of the "Twilight Zone" marathon in the last 24 hours. We always seem to see at least one that we have never seen before, even though we thought we have seen them all.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    We watched quite a bit of the "Twilight Zone" marathon in the last 24 hours. We always seem to see at least one that we have never seen before, even though we thought we have seen them all.
    How do you put up with all the commercial breaks for such a marathon?

We watch it every year. On the flip-side, my daughter bought me the entire set a few years ago and I still haven't watched any.

They have a habit of buying me DVDs of things that are on TV all the time. That being said, there are many I'm sure I haven't seen and I did suggest we have our own marathon. Some day.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    How do you put up with all the commercial breaks for such a marathon?
    The commercial breaks are annoying and they are usually the same commercials over and over which gets old pretty quick.

Contrariwise, commercial breaks in a marathon are the blessed opportunitiy to relieve an elderly bladder.
    Cobra handling and cocaine use are a bad mix.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturgeon's Lawyer View Post
    Contrariwise, commercial breaks in a marathon are the blessed opportunitiy to relieve an elderly bladder.
    Good point!

Watching the 3 Stooges (what else is new?). They're in Scotland.....

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    Watching the 3 Stooges (what else is new?). They're in Scotland.....
    "Hiya Lorna. How you Doone?"
    "Arf." -- Frank Zappa, "Beauty Knows No Pain" (live version)

Quote Originally Posted by Sturgeon's Lawyer View Post
    Or to fix another drink.

^^^ ...which ineluctibly leads back to my point.
    Cobra handling and cocaine use are a bad mix.

The commercial breaks are annoying and they are usually the same commercials over and over which gets old pretty quick.
    And they're commercials specifically aimed at old folgies like us. Like walk in tubs, and night time urine extractors for women.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by progmatist View Post
    And they're commercials specifically aimed at old folgies like us. Like walk in tubs, and night time urine extractors for women.
    And drugs drugs drugs. I am fully convinced that there are only two drugs on the market, but they keep changing the names.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    In years past, only the first 3 seasons were in syndication. It's only been in the last 20yrs that the 4th and 5th seasons were in wide use, however, in most markets the 4th season is rarely shown because those episodes are 60min format (with mixed results) and don't fit most programming blocks. Its usually the TV marathons by MeTV, Decades and others that the 4th season episodes are broadcast. Last year when Netflix had the Twilight Zone the 4th season wasn't included.

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    And drugs drugs drugs. I am fully convinced that there are only two drugs on the market, but they keep changing the names.
    Yep. My wife may have never watched an entire 9 innings of baseball in her life, but she knows who the Big Hurt (Frank Thomas) is... or at least, I had explain to her that he was a baseball player and his nickname was Big Hurt, because of his hitting prowess... not because of what she originally thought given the product he endorses.

At this point I am so sick of auto insurance, home warranty, and auto warranty ads that I would willingly go back to the days of nonstop erectile dysfunction ads.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    At this point I am so sick of auto insurance, home warranty, and auto warranty ads that I would willingly go back to the days of nonstop erectile dysfunction ads.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    I can't believe anyone would switch their insurance on the basis of some of these stupid commercials. Particularly the Geico and Liberty ones, I'm not sure I'd want anyone who thinks THAT'S a good way to represent their company running my insurance.

The other day, I watched the Roseanne episode where they did the clip show where she gets visited by the TV moms of the past. When she's talking about the time they found a bag of pot and thought it was Darlene's, the exchange goes something like this:

Mrs. Cleaver: Pot?
    Roseanne: You know, pot, grass, reefer, ya know, marijuana?
    Mrs. Cleaver (still not confused)
    Roseanne: Ask Eddie Haskell!
    Mrs. Cleaver: Ohhhhhh!

I just love the idea that the idea that whatever "marijuana" is, it must be something bad if Eddie Haskell knows about it.

And then Ruth Martin complains about how "On my show, that dog got all the good lines, I just translated. Then they blasted me off into space, with that annoying Dr. Smith and that damn robot!"

Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    In years past, only the first 3 seasons were in syndication. It's only been in the last 20yrs that the 4th and 5th seasons were in wide use, however, in most markets the 4th season is rarely shown because those episodes are 60min format (with mixed results) and don't fit most programming blocks. Its usually the TV marathons by MeTV, Decades and others that the 4th season episodes are broadcast. Last year when Netflix had the Twilight Zone the 4th season wasn't included.
    I love that 60 minute episode with Dennis Hopper.

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    I can't believe anyone would switch their insurance on the basis of some of these stupid commercials. Particularly the Geico and Liberty ones, I'm not sure I'd want anyone who thinks THAT'S a good way to represent their company running my insurance.
    I do marketing and, for quite some time, I've seen a missed opportunity for an insurance company to take a more serious approach while calling out the silliness of "other insurance companies."

But, like most companies, instead of being bold and actually distinguishing themselves, they try to be like all the others and get lost in the noise.