Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: GENESIS Tour Dates- The Last Domino Tour 2020

They seem to have that invisible touch.

Yeah.
    Currently attempting to catch up on all of the chaos in the Market Square.

Banned

That's pretty cool, thanks for posting.
    It will be interesting to see how this plays out, and the need for Phil to be seated all the time may be an adjustment for some fans, but overall I think they'll be fine.
    I don't think Tony and Mike would go forward if they didn't think Phil was ready and could handle a full show on vocals.

Don't expect a massive world tour as in the past. This seems like it will be a limited version.
    Hopefully they'll do at least one show to be made into a DVD for the many fans who won't get to see the Last Domino.
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

Aaaaaand, complaints about the set list/No Hackett, no Gabriel involvement in 3....2....1
    "I want to be someone, who someone would want to be." Marillion

genesis-poster.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by alucard; 03-04-2020 at 08:35 AM.
    Dieter Moebius : "Art people like things they don’t understand!"

From Loudersound.com:

Speaking exclusively to Prog, Collins says: “There were more reasons to do it than not to do it. If we had to do it the way we used to tour, I don't think I'd be doing it. But nowadays it can be done differently, and I've been doing that for the last couple of years.

Adds Banks: “After Phil finished his own tour, everybody thought, ‘We could talk about it and see whether it’s a good idea.’

“Once we decided it was a possibility, we wanted to see how it would work out when we played together. So we spent a couple of weeks in January in New York seeing how it sounded. People asked, ‘Why are you here?’ We just said, ‘Oh, for a wedding.’”

Banks adds that having Nic Collins taking his father's place behind the drum kit is a crucial part of the tour.

“Nic is a great drummer, but he is capable of sounding like early Phil. For Mike and I, that was always quite exciting. It means you can play some of the songs that you haven't played with Phil as the drummer for a long time.

“We’re playing old material, but there’ll be some new old material this time. Songs we didn’t play last time.”

According to Banks, the band didn’t approach former singer Peter Gabriel or guitarist Steve Hackett to be part of the reunion.

“To get everyone on board would be quite difficult,” he says.

So is this a full on electric tour then? Not acoustic or re-arranged as it was rumoured on Steve Hoffman forums? I just don't see how Phil's going to be able to handle this. Are they going to be dropping the songs down 5 steps so he can sing them?

Quote Originally Posted by Polska View Post
    Aaaaaand, complaints about the set list/No Hackett, no Gabriel involvement in 3....2....1
    It will be more about the ticket prices for a lead singer who can't effin move. Eff them!

It will be more about the ticket prices for a lead singer who can't effin move.
    Or sing.

I'm not lazy. I just work so fast I'm always done.

An article says they didn't approach Gabriel or Hackett. Maybe those two can get together and tour and then there will be a Yes like situation with two touring bands. Well I can always dream

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartellb View Post
    An article says they didn't approach Gabriel or Hackett. Maybe those two can get together and tour and then there will be a Yes like situation with two touring bands. Well I can always dream
    I heard there using Holograms for Pete and Steve.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

I guess Phil won;t be doing this ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A gentleman is defined as someone who knows how to play the accordion, and doesn't.

I visit the 1970-80 Genesis catalog more than almost any other group from that era, and I'm glad that all five members are still with us and (more or less) active. I can imagine this tour will be a nice way for people who are interested to see three of their icons on the same stage again. I am not one of those people.
    David
    Happy with what I have to be happy with.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartellb View Post
    This is their chance to out-yes Yes : there could be two other versions of Genesis, one with Gabriel and Philips, another one with Hackett and Wilson. And let's not forget Chester Thompson and Nir Z's Genesis Dum Duet Experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roth View Post
    From Loudersound.com:

Speaking exclusively to Prog, Collins says: “There were more reasons to do it than not to do it. If we had to do it the way we used to tour, I don't think I'd be doing it. But nowadays it can be done differently, and I've been doing that for the last couple of years.

Adds Banks: “After Phil finished his own tour, everybody thought, ‘We could talk about it and see whether it’s a good idea.’

“Once we decided it was a possibility, we wanted to see how it would work out when we played together. So we spent a couple of weeks in January in New York seeing how it sounded. People asked, ‘Why are you here?’ We just said, ‘Oh, for a wedding.’”

Banks adds that having Nic Collins taking his father's place behind the drum kit is a crucial part of the tour.

“Nic is a great drummer, but he is capable of sounding like early Phil. For Mike and I, that was always quite exciting. It means you can play some of the songs that you haven't played with Phil as the drummer for a long time.

“We’re playing old material, but there’ll be some new old material this time. Songs we didn’t play last time.”

According to Banks, the band didn’t approach former singer Peter Gabriel or guitarist Steve Hackett to be part of the reunion.

“To get everyone on board would be quite difficult,” he says.
    I thought it was Mike that found things difficult, e.g. playing Genesis songs.

Since Banks says "We’re playing old material, but there’ll be some new old material this time.", makes me wonder what he considers "old material". It's all old material at this point.

Cash grab.....I don't fucking care.....

Old man of prog
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Marsh View Post
    What he said.

My favorite band of all time. Not happy.

50th Anniversary Cash Grab?
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    I went to the 2007 Reunion and paid a fortune for just okay seats. The old material was generally stuff I'm tired of but Ripples was really nice. As for the rest, totally sub-par.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

It will be interesting, but I think Hackett’s job of carrying the torch has been quite remarkable! I hope this is just as good, but except for Banks, I don’t think it will be.....Hope they release a Blu-ray concert for us in the U.S.!
    So much music....so little time....

No one cares if someone doesn't effin care, we get it, but there are a lot of people excited about this and there is nothing wrong with feeling that way or the people that feel that way aren't stupid.
    For anyone having a problem with this announcement, it's easy, ignore it, don't pay attention and don't get tickets(which will probably be very difficult to get anyway if the tour is limited).

I was critical of this idea when I first heard it, but I think Genesis members are smart enough to know whether they will suck or not, and Mike and Tony have been hesitant at any suggestion of doing anything like this because of Phil's health. So I don't think they'd go forward if there is even a remote chance they'll suck.
    I'd love to hear what they sound like after all this time apart and Phil's long journey back to performing again. I think singing some classic Genesis songs may just be the thing he needs to fully recover.

I think it's unfair to accuse them of doing it for a cash grab. These are musicians who still love music and they have a history together, and the 3 of them have always gotten on well with each other, and it might also just be they enjoying being on stage performing some of the songs they've done over their long careers together.
    Of course, a nice paycheck always help when you're at retirement age.
    But I think they are probably doing quite well in the money in the bank department.
    Let's wait and see how they sound and look before jumping to conclusions, ok?
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

Phill Collins net worth is over 250 million dollars
    Banks and Rutheford over 100 million dollars

10 concerts, 1 million net per concert, so 3 more million per head, that's peanuts when you have 200 million plus and are 70 years old.

Maybe they want to have some fun together once more and please some younger fans that never saw the band live?

Quote Originally Posted by Polska View Post
    ...No Hackett, no Gabriel...
    ... no Met Man?