Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DAI KAHT - new SOLEIL ZEUHL CD soon + DUN Reprint

DAI KAHT - new SOLEIL ZEUHL CD soon + DUN Reprint

DAI KAHT - II (available early March) :
    A band singing in their created own language (named "Kolöniel"), does that remind you another band ? Yes, you’re right THAT Kobaïan band led by a famous French drummer.
    DAI KAHT story begins in Finland when Atte Kemppainen, future founder member and composer of DAI KAHT heard a medley by… (no, you’re wrong, NOT Magma) Japanese band RUINS ! It was through this initial shock that he (later) discovered MAGMA.
    In 2013, he formed DAI KAHT with other band mates coming from various local horizons, notably a Finish King Crimson cover band "Project Crimson King". The band 1st concert happened in 2014 and they issued their self-produced 1st album in 2017.

The 1st album was about a spaceship ("Doover Üouh") which departed a dying earth in the far future. The destination of this journey was a great planet (“Dai Kaht”).
    This 2nd album has the spaceship reaching its destination. Colonization begins, two territories emerge (“Hhaimland” and “Eterniya”) and humanity falls again into self-destruction & violence. In summary, we now know that Kobaïa has a twin sister planet.

OK for the plot… but what about the music itself ?
    What we have here, in DAI KAHT second album, is something strongly recalling Magma, with a much rockier edge and the use of Magma patterns as fun gimmicks. Add some occasional prog overtones and you have it. Those who enjoyed CORIMA’s 1st album should appreciate this one as well. The same kind of fun you may experience with KOENJI HYAKKEI (but less intense). Zeuhl goes rock!

A short live clip here :
    https://www.facebook.com/DaiKahtband...2157787594969/
    A complete track from the CD on Youtube (the info will be posted here when done - very soon).

Current 2020 line-up of the band :
    Atte Kemppainen, Lead Vocals/Bass/Composition (Kolöniel name: Alemaahr Kempah)
    Ville Sirviö, Lead Guitar (Kolöniel name: Willargh Shirow)
    Roope Pelkonen, Keyboards/Vocals (Kolöniel name: Kaszpar Gorkeulhzennh)
    Osmo Saarinen, Drums/Percussions/Vocals (Kolöniel name: Ozamö Sharif)

Also early March :
    DUN “Eros” will be back in print ! The classic zeuhl/prog album, highly praised as one of the best prog/zeuhl albums of the French scene. A reprint of the 2012 remastered edition (by Udi Koomran).

Last, a major news will be soon announced for a release planned for the end of 2020. The announcement will be posted here in a few days, after agreement of all parties involved. Stay tuned!

always great to hear news from monsieur Soleil Z!
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Great! Will there (ever) be any more of that Dün vinyl to be had?
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Will there (ever) be any more of that Dün vinyl to be had?

I'm afraid not, vinyl is costy to manufacture and whatever the hype says, it's no so high in demand - at least on our tiny musical segment. Both DUN & ESKATON LPs released by SZ needed 2 to 4 years before becoming sold-out (for respective editions of 300 & 500). Running a second batch would be a real challenge + a financial burden. I know the high prices featured on Discogs & possibly other sites make suppose the demand is high but concretely it does not concerns so many potential buyers....

Dai Kaht is a fun band to se live. The play kind of party-zeuhl.
    My progressive music site: https://pienemmatpurot.com/ Reviews in English: https://pienemmatpurot.com/in-english/

Quote Originally Posted by Soleilzeuhl View Post
    I'm afraid not
    Wel, sooner or later I'll stumble upon a used one anyways. Some poor sod always mistakes stuff like this for a music-for-lovers/new age pan flute-style album, at least here in Norway. I've still got the CD from 20 years back, and that one's playing fine...

Truth be told I was wholeheartedly impressed that you released a vinyl rendition in the first place!
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post
    Wel, sooner or later I'll stumble upon a used one anyways. Some poor sod always mistakes stuff like this for a music-for-lovers/new age pan flute-style album, at least here in Norway.
    Personally, I demand that all my lovers become devotees of Zeuhl.

The road to musical enlightenment is paved with masturbation.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Finnish zeuhl? yes please!
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Great news!!.
    Thankx!!.
    Pura Vida!.

There are two kinds of music. Good music, and the other kind. ∞
    Duke Ellington.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Oh I'm in for this! Sweet! Love Soleil Zeuhl.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Mascodagama View Post
    Personally, I demand that all my lovers become devotees of Zeuhl.

The road to musical enlightenment is paved with masturbation.
    If this is the case, why am I not already enlightened?

Amazon only have MP3-files for sale of Eros now. A reissue is most likely welcome even by "usual" standards, and I'll probably even buy another copy just for keeps. Darn, that album cover -IS- a beauty! Delicate, erotic, ecstatic, panchromatic.

Amazon only have MP3-files for sale of Eros now. A reissue is most likely welcome even by "usual" standards, and I'll probably even buy another copy just for keeps. Darn, that album cover -IS- a beauty! Delicate, erotic, ecstatic, panchromatic.
    AMAZON sells MP3 ????? Damn, didn't notice, we never allowed such a thing nor received a single penny EVER for this !

A complete track (Zöbehr Daï) - THE one with a non-zeuhl break : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YapghHz4lE

Will any of these be available for download, or is it physical media only?

Quote Originally Posted by Soleilzeuhl View Post
    AMAZON sells MP3 ????? Damn, didn't notice, we never allowed such a thing nor received a single penny EVER for this !
    I wonder how many artists the richest man in the world is screwing over in this fashion??! I corresponded with one of the Trettioariga Kriget guys about this issue as well. Amazon was selling their music as mp3 and made-to-order CDRs. They had no idea either.

Although I already own the cd reissue of Dun on Soleil Zeuhl, I'm glad it is coming back to print. It's a truly great album in a great edition. Should be in everyone's collection.

Any chances of getting those Potemkine albums back to print?

Quote Originally Posted by Conti View Post
    Any chances of getting those Potemkine albums back to print?
    Nothing is planned. But there are vinyl versions probably coming soon from REPLICA ("Foetus" is already available).

^Thanks! I will check it out. I somehow missed the cd editions on SZ and now regret it.

^ Triton is a must, easily one of the most genuinely original "jazz-rock" records I ever heard. I've got the original vinyl of that one and it sounds wonderful. I never heard the Soleil CD-versions of Potemkine, though.

Here is a link to their first album on bandcamp. I like it so far.

https://daikaht.bandcamp.com/releases

neil

^ Triton is a must, easily one of the most genuinely original "jazz-rock" records I ever heard. I've got the original vinyl of that one and it sounds wonderful. I never heard the Soleil CD-versions of Potemkine, though.
    Triton is just great. Foetus is sexy too.

Dai-Kaht is autobuy. I would also grab instantly any Dun-Eros vinyl I could get my hands on.

Zeuhl is Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by boilk View Post
    Here is a link to their first album on bandcamp. I like it so far.

https://daikaht.bandcamp.com/releases

neil
    I like it too! Thanks for the link.