Thread: The Empire In Decline

The Empire In Decline

Unbelievable. And I don't mean the cops.

https://amp.tmz.com/2020/02/09/miley...n-hotel-party/

I only wish that I'd realized - back when I was 14 in 1985 and being a Doors fan was just about the most identity-defining and contrarian anti-conformist/dissident you could be as a youngster into rock'n'roll - that the last two remaining Doors were to end up jammin' with this Miley character. I mean, Michael Bolton is one thing - but Miley… Oh.

The state of affairs, Moe! The state of affairs!
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

There is an 8-page feature about Morrison Hotel in last month's Classy-Crock

Interesting issue, with Corky Laing (6 to 8 pages too) , Band Of Gypsies (5 pages), Flying Burritos (2p) and a cheap (UK) overview of goth rock (8p).
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Hasn't Miley got her rock cred after singing with the Flaming Lips?

Banned
    ^ Yes, she's been with everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrotum Scissor View Post

The state of affairs, Moe! The state of affairs!
    A cynic might come to the conclusion that the element of Rock Stardom that is valued most by aging Rock Stars is not the Rock, but rather the Stardom. In other words, not the music, but the celebrity.

I was appalled when I watched Jimmy Page jamming with that game show winner / British Idol or whatever, but that is weak sauce compared to this.

I hope she taught Krieger how to twerk.

She has something for Jimmy too.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    A cynic might come to the conclusion that the element of Rock Stardom that is valued most by aging Rock Stars is not the Rock, but rather the Stardom. In other words, not the music, but the celebrity.

I was appalled when I watched Jimmy Page jamming with that game show winner / British Idol
    Well, at least the Jons and Ians still keep their integrity intact.
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    It's been always like this, hasn't it? Most rockmen played the music to achieve stardom. Now Miley goes the opposite direction: she had been already a big star when she started to crave for the rock cred. Playing a rock tune like the one below (Temple of the Dog's "Say Hello to Heaven") will definitely not make her a bigger star.

Banned
    ...and this year’s gala celebration of the 50th anniversary of Bitches Brew will be hosted by...

10324525-small.jpg

Kenny G of course!

^ Nah, he would've been jazzassinated on his way over to the venue.

Seriously.