Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tales From Yesterday: View From the South Side of the Sky

Quote Originally Posted by mkeneally View Post
    Intentionally misheard, but yeah. We even sang "Go, Stanley Snail" during the song itself!
    OK, since you're checking in on this thread, Mike, I have to ask you: what did you find most interesting or difficult about mimicking Steve Howe on that song? It encompasses many of his idiosyncrasies (except maybe for the pure flatpicking acoustic thing seen on songs like "Starship Trooper"). But since you had to basically recreate the original guitar track(s) I'm curious to know your take on it and trying to play like Steve Howe.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulrus View Post
    I'm curious to know your take on it and trying to play like Steve Howe.
    Seconded!

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    My favorite covers album is The Crimson Jazz Trio's King Crimson Songbook Volume 1.

I haven't listened to this in the longest while, but my recollection is that it was all rather good, but the Starship Trooper cover was a little too bombastic and in your face for me, I can't remember who was behind that one?

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlight Caller View Post
    I haven't listened to this in the longest while, but my recollection is that it was all rather good, but the Starship Trooper cover was a little too bombastic and in your face for me, I can't remember who was behind that one?
    That was Jeronimo Road, a band started by Adam Wakeman and Fraser T-Smith. It's not a good track, no. Their one album, Live at the Orange, is much better: slightly prog-tinged indie rock. FTS has since gone on to massive pop success: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fraser_...on_discography

Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the accompanying blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

This one and the Genesis tribute are my favorite Magna Carta tribute albums, I gotta admit that from the Yes tribute album I have a soft spot for Shadow Gallery's version of Release, Release...

Quote Originally Posted by The Fantastic Progo Rican View Post
    This one and the Genesis tribute are my favorite Magna Carta tribute albums, I gotta admit that from the Yes tribute album I have a soft spot for Shadow Gallery's version of Release, Release...
    I bought 'em all: Yes,Genesis,ELP,and Pink Floyd(the only one that didn't need to be) No amount of tribute band talent could ever do The Dark Side Of The Moon any better and The Moon Revisited proves it in spades. I have no idea why I kept it,but I did and I haven't played it in over a decade.