Thread: Harmonium XLV - 45th anniversary remix

Harmonium XLV - 45th anniversary remix

Grabbed the new reissue of this tasty little folk/prog classic debut for $9.99 Canadian (very reasonable!) and it sounds excellent. They took the opportunity while remixing to restore a few sections too, like Fiori's acoustic solo at the end of "Aujourd'hui, je dis bonjour à la vie", which used to fade out. Likewise with a couple of full volume starts that used to fade in. And what sounds to me like an altogether different recording of "Pour un instant", now with drums!

Different enough to not be a replacement, but recommended for sure to any fans.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Any bonus (outside the 100 000 Raisons, which wasn't on the vinyl)?

Extended booklet??
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

No bonus tracks, and in fact the 100,000 Raisons single is not on this edition. But it all sounds quite nice, and I like a couple of the changes (I don't usually like things to change with a remix). For example, my favourite track Vieilles Courroies is improved by the hard start, instead of slowly fading in.

I'm quite happy to have both versions of this classic.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

It would be nice to have “Un refrain parmi tant d’autres,” which I don’t think has ever been officially released.
    Confirmed Bachelors: the dramedy hit of 1883...

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post

I'm quite happy to have both versions of this classic.
    µ

100 000 raisons won't miss me, as I think it was a subpar bonus.... Which should've been included at the end of the album, not in the middle (between the twxo vinyl sides)

and booklet-wise?

Quote Originally Posted by Progbear View Post
    It would be nice to have “Un refrain parmi tant d’autres,” which I don’t think has ever been officially released.
    Isn't this a working version of "Un musicien parmi tant d'autres"?
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    and booklet-wise?
    Nothing spectacular. Lyrics, photos, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    Isn't this a working version of "Un musicien parmi tant d'autres"?
    A song they’ve been doing live ever since 1973. Never officially released.

Confirmed Bachelors: the dramedy hit of 1883...