Thread: Soundcloud Share Thread

  1. #701
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    133
    I'm kinda composing on the hoof and running low on CPU. Tee hee.
    Latest "little ray" mixdown .you can download it if ya fancy

    https://www.soundclick.com/music/son...ongID=14358566

  2. #702
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    133
    Double post deleted tiny texting on my phone sorry.

  3. #703
    Member Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    N of Clearwater, Florida
    Posts
    2,633
    Quote Originally Posted by clivey View Post
    I'm kinda composing on the hoof and running low on CPU. Tee hee.
    Latest "little ray" mixdown .you can download it if ya fancy

    https://www.soundclick.com/music/son...ongID=14358566
    Sounds good.(light me up!).do you still have the original demo? I kind of liked that one too, it has a raw vibe to it that I liked.
    Thanks for the download.
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice Bandcamp: https://richardhermans.bandcamp.comYouTube: https://youtu.be/F34jl6fQVmA

  4. #704
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    133
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Sounds good.(light me up!).do you still have the original demo? I kind of liked that one too, it has a raw vibe to it that I liked.
    Thanks for the download.
    Thanks for listening again. I have various mixes without the horns and backing vox. I tend to keep as much as I can as I proceed. I have polished the vox and continue to attempt to improve to a mix worth mastering.
    I have 2 other tracks underway which I want to get into with horns . I have Not been too well with a bad cold that I have had since before Christmas and have only just been able to start playing and singing .

    I may decide soon on a concept to guide me if I am going to go all out for a release mid to late summer then I will post all demos to the soundclick and the polished WAVs to Bandcamp and perhaps Distro kid .
    ."I am not Naive", well of course I produce music so I am Naive by default ,tee hee", So I am not expecting much exposure from any platforms I employ ,but there's always a chance I may come up with a wild card .that's the fun
    Last edited by clivey; 01-09-2022 at 12:02 PM.

  5. #705
    Member BobM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ponte Vedra, FL
    Posts
    808
    Here's two that just came out today. One on top of the other. First is a very cool original country song I played organ and piano on.

    https://www.bandlab.com/b5_productio...6-a04a5e79a6b8

    The second was literally half a day from someone saying "let's do this" to completion. Simple Beatles cover.

    https://www.bandlab.com/tatawina/hid...6-a04a5e79a6b8
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A gentleman is defined as someone who knows how to play the accordion, and doesn't.

  6. #706
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    133
    Two really nice productions .
    I have a real soft spot for good Alt Country numbers, Americana from the likes of Band Of Horses. The first song though not at all like that band still has that vibe and the soundscape at the front and tail helps in the telling of the story .Needless to say that the Hammond sounds perfect also . Cello ,the vox and b.vox are pretty well outstanding. The song is also a very nice overall length.

  7. #707
    Member Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    N of Clearwater, Florida
    Posts
    2,633
    Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    Here's two that just came out today. One on top of the other. First is a very cool original country song I played organ and piano on.

    https://www.bandlab.com/b5_productio...6-a04a5e79a6b8

    The second was literally half a day from someone saying "let's do this" to completion. Simple Beatles cover.

    https://www.bandlab.com/tatawina/hid...6-a04a5e79a6b8
    First song is excellent, music, performance and lyrics. To me, this transcends genre and is just a darn good song.

    Beatles cover is sweet.
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice Bandcamp: https://richardhermans.bandcamp.comYouTube: https://youtu.be/F34jl6fQVmA

  8. #708
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Location
    Olympia, WA
    Posts
    322
    Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    Here's two that just came out today. One on top of the other. First is a very cool original country song I played organ and piano on.

    https://www.bandlab.com/b5_productio...6-a04a5e79a6b8

    The second was literally half a day from someone saying "let's do this" to completion. Simple Beatles cover.

    https://www.bandlab.com/tatawina/hid...6-a04a5e79a6b8
    Love the piano and organ there, it adds some mood and texture that benefits the song quite nicely.

  9. #709
    Member BobM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ponte Vedra, FL
    Posts
    808
    Thanks for listening guys. I appreciate your ears and comments. I do have an announcement ... stay tuned ... I was just asked to play Mellotron on a version of Starless. Real, historic prog.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A gentleman is defined as someone who knows how to play the accordion, and doesn't.

  10. #710
    Member Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    N of Clearwater, Florida
    Posts
    2,633
    Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    Thanks for listening guys. I appreciate your ears and comments. I do have an announcement ... stay tuned ... I was just asked to play Mellotron on a version of Starless. Real, historic prog.
    I have no doubt in my mind you will nail it!
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice Bandcamp: https://richardhermans.bandcamp.comYouTube: https://youtu.be/F34jl6fQVmA

  11. #711
    Member Guitarplyrjvb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Northeast Pennsylvania USA
    Posts
    953
    Nice stuff, Bob. Your organ gives the "country song" a bit of a gospel feel. The string samples on the Fabs track really makes the tune. I think it's very dangerous to tackle a Beatles track since it's like re-cutting a diamond, but you guys do a great job with it!

    Looking forward to the Starless cover. Quite a challenge!

  12. #712
    Member Czyszy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Location
    Wałbrzych, Poland
    Posts
    70
    Hello there!
    I'm an indie "DIY" sorta music producer based in Wałbrzych, Poland. One of my goals is to make imaginitive music in many different genres. I really love 70s inspired symphonic retro prog.

    This is my Bandcamp. Here you'll find my full prog albums for purchase (I'd say these are cheaper than a lot prog albums released digitally, so you might wanna consider supporting me :3 )
    https://czyszy.bandcamp.com/releases

    And this is my Newgrounds audio page, where there are random beats, bits and pieces and occasionally some prog tracks, most of which are free downloads.
    https://czyszy.newgrounds.com/audio/

  13. #713
    Member BobM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ponte Vedra, FL
    Posts
    808
    Nice stuff Cheesy :-) Enjoyed listening to your tunes.

    Have you found Bandlab yet? Come join me there (@ptmconsulting) and collaborate with some great artists if you so desire.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A gentleman is defined as someone who knows how to play the accordion, and doesn't.

  14. #714
    Member BobM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ponte Vedra, FL
    Posts
    808
    Been binging the HBO show "Succession" lately and the musical score is a freaking earworm, so I had to do a version and try to shake it loose.

    Enjoy

    https://www.bandlab.com/ptmconsultin...6-a04a5e79a6b8
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A gentleman is defined as someone who knows how to play the accordion, and doesn't.

  15. #715
    Member Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    N of Clearwater, Florida
    Posts
    2,633
    Quote Originally Posted by Czyszy View Post
    Hello there!
    I'm an indie "DIY" sorta music producer based in Wałbrzych, Poland. One of my goals is to make imaginitive music in many different genres. I really love 70s inspired symphonic retro prog.

    This is my Bandcamp. Here you'll find my full prog albums for purchase (I'd say these are cheaper than a lot prog albums released digitally, so you might wanna consider supporting me :3 )
    https://czyszy.bandcamp.com/releases

    And this is my Newgrounds audio page, where there are random beats, bits and pieces and occasionally some prog tracks, most of which are free downloads.
    https://czyszy.newgrounds.com/audio/
    I only had time the other day to listen to one song, and I really like what you're doing.
    Thanks for sharing these..will check out some more tunes when I have some more free time.

    Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    Been binging the HBO show "Succession" lately and the musical score is a freaking earworm, so I had to do a version and try to shake it loose.

    Enjoy

    https://www.bandlab.com/ptmconsultin...6-a04a5e79a6b8
    Not familiar with the show(no HBO here), but that was FUN!! great job, and that's one heckuva earworm ya got there fella. lol
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice Bandcamp: https://richardhermans.bandcamp.comYouTube: https://youtu.be/F34jl6fQVmA

  16. #716
    Member Czyszy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Location
    Wałbrzych, Poland
    Posts
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    Nice stuff Cheesy :-) Enjoyed listening to your tunes.

    Have you found Bandlab yet? Come join me there (@ptmconsulting) and collaborate with some great artists if you so desire.
    Awesome. "Don't Shoot the Turkey" is almost prog. I love that one. I'm gonna give that website a try.

  17. #717
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2021
    Location
    Olympia, WA
    Posts
    322
    Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    Been binging the HBO show "Succession" lately and the musical score is a freaking earworm, so I had to do a version and try to shake it loose.

    Enjoy

    https://www.bandlab.com/ptmconsultin...6-a04a5e79a6b8
    Awesome cover! Really captures the tension and sweep of the theme, and you've caught a lot of the little nuances and details in the melody.

  18. #718
    Member BobM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ponte Vedra, FL
    Posts
    808
    I'm not really a Radiohead fan but I was convinced to do this by my buddy who is singing. Enjoy.

    https://www.bandlab.com/ptmconsultin...6-0003ffcd3240
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A gentleman is defined as someone who knows how to play the accordion, and doesn't.

  19. #719
    Member Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    N of Clearwater, Florida
    Posts
    2,633
    Never heard this song before, but it's kinda nice, with a good smooth groove.
    I think you did a great job on keys, I thought the vocals were a bit reverby(but also understand it's the vibe he was going for).
    I listened to the original on YT, and you guys did a great job covering it.
    Last edited by Top Cat; 02-01-2022 at 09:28 AM.
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice Bandcamp: https://richardhermans.bandcamp.comYouTube: https://youtu.be/F34jl6fQVmA

  20. #720
    The eons are closing
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    NY/NJ
    Posts
    2,151
    That tune is one of my faves - well done!

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    No one plans to take the path that brings you lower

  21. #721
    Member BobM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ponte Vedra, FL
    Posts
    808
    Here's a new cover of a great song by Tedeschi Trucks. Enjoy

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A gentleman is defined as someone who knows how to play the accordion, and doesn't.

  22. #722
    Member Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    N of Clearwater, Florida
    Posts
    2,633
    Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    Here's a new cover of a great song by Tedeschi Trucks. Enjoy
    Never heard this before, great cover and song.
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice Bandcamp: https://richardhermans.bandcamp.comYouTube: https://youtu.be/F34jl6fQVmA

  23. #723
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    133
    Great rendition of this song. Catchy and fun

  24. #724
    Member BobM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ponte Vedra, FL
    Posts
    808
    So here's two that are more in the "progressive" mindset. The first is an Allman Brothers cover that I'm sure most of you have played at one time or another. Yeah, the singing is a bit pitchy but he definitely gave it his all.

    https://www.bandlab.com/mikeandmidst...7-0050f280e91e


    The second is a true epic. There's a nice surprise in the "solo" section. Yeah, we changed it from the original because ... well, it plays well in concert but it's boring as hell to listen to.

    https://www.bandlab.com/fabass2020/s...7-0050f280e91e
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A gentleman is defined as someone who knows how to play the accordion, and doesn't.

  25. #725
    Member Top Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    N of Clearwater, Florida
    Posts
    2,633
    Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    So here's two that are more in the "progressive" mindset. The first is an Allman Brothers cover that I'm sure most of you have played at one time or another. Yeah, the singing is a bit pitchy but he definitely gave it his all.

    https://www.bandlab.com/mikeandmidst...7-0050f280e91e


    The second is a true epic. There's a nice surprise in the "solo" section. Yeah, we changed it from the original because ... well, it plays well in concert but it's boring as hell to listen to.

    https://www.bandlab.com/fabass2020/s...7-0050f280e91e
    Been working on finishing a new song(some long days in my room), and kind of missed these.
    Whipping Post is great, and love your dirty nasty organ sounds and playing on this, perhaps we should start calling you Bob Lord. lol

    What more can you say about Starless, forever classic! nice hearing originality in the cover, and I think a female cover of the vocals gives it a nice twist, she did excellent.
    The keyboard guy is pretty good too! lol
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice Bandcamp: https://richardhermans.bandcamp.comYouTube: https://youtu.be/F34jl6fQVmA

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •