Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ProgDay 25: Mike Keneally, Andy West, Farmhouse Odyssey and More!

ProgDay 25: Mike Keneally, Andy West, Farmhouse Odyssey and More!

ProgDay 25 is happy to announce main stage performances by MIKE KENEALLY with ANDY WEST, FARMHOUSE ODYSSEY, and a Thursday night preshow by MARBIN.

------------

MIKE KENEALLY with ANDY WEST

"Keneally is the leading progressive rock genius of the post-Zappa era."
    - ALL MUSIC GUIDE

Known initially as the “stunt guitarist” for Frank Zappa (following the likes of Adrian Belew and Steve Vai), KENEALLY then blazed a significant place for himself in the world of music with a series of recordings remarkable both in their musical scope and originality. In addition to Frank Zappa, he has also made a name for himself working with acclaimed artists like Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Andy Partridge, Henry Kaiser, Mastodon, Devin Townsend, and others.

For this special performance KENEALLY will be teaming up with ANDY WEST, best known as bassist and co-founder of the renowned fusion band, The Dixie Dregs.

Mike says, “the identity of the drummer is yet to be revealed.” Check the ProgDay site later for more information.

------------

FARMHOUSE ODYSSEY

“The lyrics themselves take on a nearly surreal, sometimes almost e.e.cummings-like texture - the phrasings odd and suggesting, rather than spelling out in cold, clinical terms. All of it backed by formidable, exquisite, musical complexity. That right there is the spiritual bedrock:* while the voice whispers, cries, intones - the musicians form ever-changing, ever-growing, never-stagnating counterpoints leading to newness. All of it hypnotic.”
    - Stephen Conrad, PROGRESSIVE ROCK FANATICS

Formed in California in 2012, FARMHOUSE ODYSSEY is an ensemble of 5 friends coming together to create music outside of genre definitions, but inspired by progressive rock, jazz, psychedelic, funk and world music. The result is organic, free-flowing symphonic rock with fusion overtones, and a vibe that evokes west coast psychedelia. The band will be featuring music from their new release Fertile Ground.

------------

MARBIN Show Thursday Night, August 29th, at Local 506!

“What an amazing band! Everytime I listen to Marbin, I simply wish to see them live in concert in the near future, because it is obvious they provide wonderful shows full of energy, jazz fusion/rock and craziness…”
    - Memowakeman, PROGARCHIVES

ProgDay regulars will remember MARBIN taking the stage by storm at ProgDay 2015 and leaving a trail of stunned audience members in their wake. MARBIN is a progressive jazz-rock band based out of Chicago, IL. The band started touring extensively in 2011, bringing their original instrumental music to every part of the United States. Through word of mouth, MARBIN has gained the attention of thousands of devoted fans and has sold tens of thousands of albums. To date MARBIN has released seven albums.

Opening for MARBIN will be singer/songwriter BEN DELAURENTIS. Based out of Lynchburg, Virginia, DeLaurentis is the founder of rock band Steal The Prize.

If you are arriving for ProgDay 25 on Thursday, you won’t want to miss this show! Visit the ProgDay Preshow Page (http://www.progday.net/ProgDay-Preshow.html) for details.

------------

Join MIKE KENEALLY with ANDY WEST, FARMHOUSE ODYSSEY, US TODAY, ACCORDO DEI CONTRARI, IZZ and MÖRGLBL at ProgDay 25, the twenty-fifth edition of ProgDay. ProgDay is a two day outdoor festival of progressive rock. ProgDay 25 will take place on Saturday, August 31, and Sunday, September 1, 2019, at Storybook Farm in the countryside of Chapel Hill, North Carolina.

For more information, please visit us at www.progday.net.

To hear music from this year’s bands, please visit the ProgDay Music Page (http://progday.net/ProgDay-Music.html).

Two more bands to be announced.

Thanks!

Michael

Holy moly! Wow!

Congratulations, Michael and ProgDay.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

OTay!!!

I just wish my schedule would allow me an extra day to see Marbin.
    Last edited by markwoll; 07-28-2019 at 09:38 PM.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Just wish my schedule allowed me to be there at all.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Just wish my schedule allowed me to be there at all.
    i feel your pain, ian.

the more bands announced, the more i'm thinking about just saying 'F*** It!', and go anyway

Yeah, unfortunately that's not my issue. I'd be telling my wife I'm not going with her on her free trip to Vegas.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

NEARfest Officer Emeritus Nearfest2's Avatar
    Great news!
    Chad

Yeah, unfortunately that's not my issue. I'd be telling my wife I'm not going with her on her free trip to Vegas.
    Just for the record "free trip to Vegas" is an oxymoron. They will get their payment somehow.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    -- Aristotle
    Nostalgia, you know, ain't what it used to be. Furthermore, they tells me, it never was.
    “A Man Who Does Not Read Has No Appreciable Advantage Over the Man Who Cannot Read” - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    Congratulations, Michael and ProgDay.
    Indeed. That sounds like fun (Mike and Andy)
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

Will miss you this year, Ian!

Quote Originally Posted by shedsoundsrecordings View Post
    Will miss you this year, Ian!
    Ian!! You'll have the canopy to yourself!!
    Ian

NEARfest Officer Emeritus Nearfest2's Avatar
    Wait. Ian is missing a prog festival?! Impossible!
    Chad

Quote Originally Posted by Nearfest2 View Post
    he's no longer supporting the scene

Quote Originally Posted by Nearfest2 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kenschwartz View Post
    he's no longer supporting the scene
    I feel awful about it, sorry for letting everyone down.

Ian

IAN IS HISTORY'S GREATEST MONSTER
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

I feel awful about it, sorry for letting everyone down.

You could always send Treehouse and Trillium to make up for it

Ian

If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Quote Originally Posted by philsunset View Post
    Ship them to you? Still at the same address?
    Ian

Ship them to you? Still at the same address?
    Yessir!!!

Quote Originally Posted by philsunset View Post
    Treehouse and Trillium...not familiar with them, but their name makes me think that they sound like Coheed and Cambia

Quote Originally Posted by Miciah View Post

ProgDay 25 is happy to announce main stage performances by MIKE KENEALLY with ANDY WEST, FARMHOUSE ODYSSEY, and a Thursday night preshow by MARBIN.

A couple days ago my iPod's randomizer picked a Keneally track and reminded me that it's been forever since I've seen him play live. Looking forward to that.

And if the wife weren't coming along, I'd seriously consider driving down a day early just to see Marbin again. Shame they couldn't have scheduled that for Friday night.
    --
    The internet was better before Berners-Lee let the riff-raff in.

Quote Originally Posted by Ground and Sky's Ghost View Post
    A couple days ago my iPod's randomizer picked a Keneally track and reminded me that it's been forever since I've seen him play live. Looking forward to that.

And if the wife weren't coming along, I'd seriously consider driving down a day early just to see Marbin again. Shame they couldn't have scheduled that for Friday night.
    I saw him play on the recent Frank Zappa tour. I always come down on a Thursday to get settled in with the wife and grandson.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!