Thread: RICK WAKEMAN, JEFF WAYNE, KEVIN PEEK “Beyond the Planets” Limited Edition Vinyl

RICK WAKEMAN, JEFF WAYNE, KEVIN PEEK “Beyond the Planets” Limited Edition Vinyl

RICK WAKEMAN, JEFF WAYNE, KEVIN PEEK “Beyond the Planets” Limited Edition 180 Gram Clear Vinyl Personally SIGNED by Rick Wakeman Now Available For Pre-order!

London - Now available for pre-order RICK WAKEMAN, JEFF WAYNE, KEVIN PEEK “Beyond the Planets” Limited Edition of 100, Hand Numbered, 180 Gram Clear Vinyl personally SIGNED by Rick Wakeman!

Have you even wondered what would happen if the king of progressive rock keyboards teamed up with the bloke who wrote “The War Of The Worlds” rock opera and the guitarist with the late lamented Classical Rock group Sky? Well, you need wonder no longer! A reviewer on the Prog Archives writes: “Beyond the planets” is essentially the performance of Holst's “The planets” in a rock context. Wayne's contribution is limited to the composition of an Overture for the album. As this ends, some brief narration by Patrick Allen is heard. Allen does a great impression of Richard Burton, which when combined with Wayne's distinctive sound, immediately creates echoes of “War of the Worlds.” Allen returns a couple of times during the album to link tracks together with further brief narration. The familiar introduction to “Mars” (as used by Rainbow on “Eyes of the World” among many others) then takes over, and we launch into a full rendition of “The Planets suite.” The music is performed dramatically and faithfully throughout, with Peek using various guitar sounds according to the mood of the piece.

This is a strict edition of 100 units, all hand numbered, pressed on 180 gram clear vinyl and personally SIGNED by Rick Wakeman released by The Strictly Limited Edition Vinyl Company.

Estimated delivery date : July 2019

BTP back cover.jpg

TRACKLIST
    FACE A
    1. Waves / The Journey composed by Jeff Wayne
    2. Mars (The Bringer of War)
    3. Venus (The Bringer of Peace)
    4. Mercury (The Winged Messenger)

FACE B
    1. Jupiter (The Bringer of Jollity)
    2. Circles / Saturn (The Bringer of Old Age)
    3. Uranus (The Magician)
    4. Neptune (The Mystic) / The Heavens Reply / Beyond (The Finale written by Rick Wakeman)

To pre-order: https://www.diggersfactory.com/vinyl...nd-the-planets

THE STRICTLY LIMITED EDITION VINYL COMPANY UNITED KINGDOM
    The strictly limited edition vinyl company. produce strictly limited edition of 100 units per title 180gram, colour vinyl pressings of long lost classic albums and previously unreleased on vinyl

Press inquiries: Glass Onyon PR, PH: 828-350-8158 (US), glassonyonpr@gmail.com

Now if they would re-release it on CD, I would be all in for it.

50 Pound is rather expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by gopr View Post
    Wayne's contribution is limited to the composition of an Overture for the album.
    I mean....
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

I remember seeing Kevin Peek back in the dark distant years of my teens playing in a band called "James Taylor Move". He was a great guitarist with a cheeky side. There was no "James Taylor" but they had a vocalist named "Rob Taylor". Also in the band were "Alan Tarney" and "Trevor Spencer" of Tarney/Spence fame.

In the Youtube pic also is a lady named "Wendy Saddington" who played with them for a while. She had her own solo career and was tough at old nails.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q63by8JTpNU
    “Pleasure and pain can be experienced simultaneously,” she said, gently massaging my back as we listened to her Coldplay CD.

Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
    Now if they would re-release it on CD, I would be all in for it.

50 Pound is rather expensive.
    It was rereleased in 2016: https://www.amazon.co.uk/BEYOND-PLAN.../dp/B01DE8XOTI