Thread: Tangle Edge -

Tangle Edge -

Haven(t found a topic about them yet

Here is an 80's prog (formed in 79, I think) band that has never been thought of as neo-prog and rightly so (though they seem to gravitate somewhat in the UK), because of their first real albums (89 to 92), they never sounded anywhere close to that canon.
    FTM, if I must pigeon-hole them, I'd say they were the first "retro-prog" band, a fair while before or ahead of time of the AnglaDotenBerk likes.

Though I only discovered them circa 94/5, I can't help but feeling like somehow they were precursor to a return to less synthetic music production values, just like Lenny Kravitz was with his stupendous Let Love Rule album (out the same year as In Search Of A New Dawn)

late 80's stuff

early 90's stuff

late-90's stuff

Any fans?? (of course there are , but how many of them know of them)

I'm a taker about infos of the post-millennium years of the band as well.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

They've been thought of as a heavy Psychedelic Rock band pretty much since their inception. I have most of their releases. Entangled Scorpio Entrance is a favourite. I like it enough to have purchased the LP after having the CD since it was released.

Well, they'd probably get pigeon-holed in the Stoner Rock category nowadays.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

^ Quite possibly.

I’ve had In Search of a New Dawn for quite some time. I bought it because I heard comparisons to Amon Düül II, who I was way into at the time. And...I didn’t really hear it. The thing I really liked about ADII at the time was how unapologetically weird they were, and these guys were absolutely not weird.

It took me a while but I did eventually get it. They do sound kind of like ADII. The ADII of Side 4 of Tanz der Lemminge. No, they weren’t outrageously bizarre, but their music does grow on you in a warm and cozy way. I really like ISOAND now. I used to have Entangled Scorpio Entrance, but ditched it pretty quickly. In retrospect, I really didn’t give it much of a chance, but my memory is it wasn’t as appealing as ISOAND.
    Confirmed Bachelors: the dramedy hit of 1883...

Eulogy is their best album i.m.o. Their releases since Serpentary Quarters (2006), disappointed me.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Quote Originally Posted by spacefreak View Post
    Eulogy is their best album i.m.o. Their releases since Serpentary Quarters (2006), disappointed me.
    thanks... that's an indication already, but I'll be honest, I held out buoying since they didn't release CD versions... and precvious albums were CD-r releases.

How is the Dropouts release? Is it compiling everything they did up to New Dawn?

^ I could be wrong, but I think Dropouts is one of the cassettes they released pre-ISoaND. They later reissued it on CDR, and I don't think the tracks were used on later albums. Check Discogs to be sure though.