Page 74 of 91 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884 ... LastLast
Results 1,826 to 1,850 of 2255

Thread: The 2019 NFL Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    Still photos don't really tell the story here. Clowney didn't come from the other side of the field or launch himself. I wouldn't have been surprised if he drew a flag for that hit but ejection? Nah. Like I stated before, I'm not aware of Clowney being known for being a headhunter.
    This was a playoff game, you do what you can to win. One and done.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

I went 0-4 in my predictions....

Thankfully I bet the over/under this weekend and won $50, picking the under in every game...

Let me predict this weekend's games and give your team the kiss of death if I pick 'em.

Niners- 28
    Vikings-21

Ravens- 30
    Titans-17

Chiefs- 27
    Texans- 20

Packers-24
    Seahawks-21

I"m basically picking the 4 home teams, who got the bye, to take care of business.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

It's difficult to pick an upset here.

49ers - 27
    Vikings - 20
    While the Vikes played well against the Saints, I don't really expect them to continue their success, but who knows?

Packers - 24
    Seahawks - 17
    I think this more about the Packers not losing the game than the Seahawks winning it. I am not convinced that the Pack are firing on all cylinders.

Ravens - 38
    Titans - 20
    It's tempting to think the Titans can do something after knocking off NE. Unfortunately they have to play Baltimore. Anything is possible, but I wouldn't pick against the Ravens.

Chiefs - 27
    Texans - 20
    Another game where the underdog is plausible, but I have a feeling that the Chiefs were elated that NE were knocked out and feel they have the best team.
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

Pretty much where I was going with my picks. I am not completely sold on the Packers but betting against them at Lambeau in January is difficult. And the Seahawks are pretty beaten up. Usually this is the week where we realize just how valuable that first round bye is...
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Vikings over 49ers
    Seahawks over Packers
    Ravens over Titans
    Chiefs over Texans
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Clearly a push off which should have been called, every team can go back far enough and find karmic justification (Seahawks - Steelers SB anyone?) the Saints have been hosed as recently as last year, their karma has a greater resonance than the 70's vikings for me.
    also worth mentioning that the Saints would've had a bye had the Seahawks defeated the 49ers....which they did not, in part because of obvious DPI that wasn't called

anyway PY's predictions look good to me, though I can see Chiefs/Texans being a blowout. 49ers/Vikings could be an upset - as good as the 49ers are, they've played in heart attack games all year, and I can see Jimmy G being one of those guys who gets shaky in the playoffs. as for Green Bay...true they haven't been firing on all cylinders, but maybe they're due!? Seattle are...not very good this year.
    Critter Jams "album of the week" blog: http://critterjams.wordpress.com

The Texans were the only division winner with a minus point differential.

Forty Niners are too much for the Vikings:

Forty Niners: 34
    Vikings: 17

If it rains:

Ravens: 24
    Titans: 17

Minimal or no rain with Jitterbug Jesus:

Ravens: 41
    Titans: 13

Chiefs/Texans could go either way depending what quarterbacks show up:

Chiefs: 31
    Texans: 24

The Packers are like the Saints their record and division don't impress me much, but if there is a crooked call it will go Rodgers way:

Packers: 31
    Seahawks: 30

Quote Originally Posted by JAMOOL View Post
    Seattle are...not very good this year.
    Depends on whether Russell has Jesus that day.

Seattle are...not very good this year.
    I'm guessing there are 24 teams who's like to be as bad as the Seahawks.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

indeed but they still finished the season with a point differential of only +7

they are sort of like the Packers, they don't look too good in the advanced metrics but they still find ways to win games. GB strikes me as a more talented team overall though I guess the elephant in the room is whether or not Rodgers is simply average now

I don't disagree with you, Seattle only blew one team out (Cardinals 27-10), won 5 games by a combined 11 points (!!!) and got pounded by the Ravens, Rams & Cardinals (!!!).

I'm still a believer while Wilson is the QB.
    Ian

Geezer, are you conflicted between rooting for the home team vs your man, Wilson?
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

I know we'll probably get demolished vs. San Fran but it would be nice to get some revenge on Seattle after the 2014-15 NFCCG which still remains the most painful pro sports memory of my life

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Geezer, are you conflicted between rooting for the home team vs your man, Wilson?
    Sorry but I missed the connection to Geezer here. Did he delete a comment?

Quote Originally Posted by Firth View Post
    Sorry but I missed the connection to Geezer here. Did he delete a comment?
    Since he lives in Wisconsin, he's a Packers fan, but also a fan of ex-Badgers like Wilson, the Watt brothers, Melvin Gordon, etc.

my wish list... not who will probably win but...

Vikes over 9ers
    Hawks over cheese
    Mahomes
    Rats...

Ed wont like this... but I had a dream that Jackson's running was contained and they lost!
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

I know we'll probably get demolished vs. San Fran but it would be nice to get some revenge on Seattle after the 2014-15 NFCCG which still remains the most painful pro sports memory of my life
    That was the missed field goal game?
    Ian

I will root for the Packers, period.

I do root for former Badger players (& their teams) to do well when they're playing anyone else.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

San Fran 37 Minnesota 20
    Green Bay 24 Seattle 20
    Baltimore 40 Tennessee 16
    Kansas City 42 Houston 24

I generally see three teams with the real possibility of hoisting the trophy. Obviously, I picked them all to win this weekend.

The eons are closing
    He must be referring to the 2015-16 NFC Wild Card game which is the only home outdoor playoff game for the Vikings since they moved to the HHH Metrodome in 82. And IIRC the only time Vikes have played Seattle in playoffs.

I wished for years for an outdoor home olayoff game like the games of my youth... The weather was the 12th man on D. I was soooo happy to even get that one (due to US Bank still being built) that even though I they lost, I felt satisfied.
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

oh no I'm a Packer fan. I know what you're referring to though, I'm not exactly gonna shed any tears for Minnesota but that was bruuuutal

as I remember it the Packers completely dominated the Seahawks for 3 quarters, goading Wilson into throwing 5 picks (!!!) and running over their defense. only problem was that they kept kicking field goals deep in Seattle territory, so even though the dominated the game it didn't show up on the scoreboard.

anyway I was a nervous wreck, thinking "you really can't count these guys out at home" the whole way...until at some point in the 4th quarter when it dawned on me that "okay, at this point Seattle needs to score, they need a 2 point conversion, they need to recover an onside kick, and then win in overtime..." ….and all that wound up happening. Brandon Bostick, the poor bastard, wound up mishandling the onside kick which sealed GB's fate

(also this was after the infamous Fail Mary game so we had sort of a chip on our shoulder when it came to Seattle)

GB's had a number of painful playoff losses but this one sticks out because unlike some of the others it doesn't just hinge on one play. it was a bunch of stuff in a row

not that I'm still bitter about it or anything

Ah I misread your previous post about getting beaten by the 49'ers as a reference to the Vikings.

As a Seahawks fan I'd given up on that Packers - Seahawks game a number of times as we were never really in it. The onside kick was horrible from a GB perspective. It actually takes some of the pain away from the loss to the Pats in the Superbowl as I felt we'd used up all our luck against the Packers. People also forget that against the Pats we had a ridiculously lucky catch on the sideline by Jermaine Kearse to set up the failed TD try. They should have run Beastmode at least twice before that intercepted pass.

I'm still extremely bitter about the SB loss to the Steelers where the referee's took it away from us.
    Ian

I'm still extremely bitter about the SB loss to the Steelers where the referee's took it away from us.
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

that catch by Kearse was insane - even crazier than the David Tyree helmet catch. I think a lot of people were rooting for the Patriots to lose in hilarious fashion and we almost got it.

I know everyone's sick of the Pats but they have played some damn entertaining Super Bowls - the exception of course being this most recent one