Page 86 of 90 FirstFirst ... 3676828384858687888990 LastLast
Results 2,126 to 2,150 of 2255

Thread: The 2019 NFL Discussion Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    I watched with the sound muted and dozed off during halftime. I woke up and the score was 20-10 and Mahomes threw a pick. Went beddy bye and heard it on the radio. Screw me......
    Hasn’t that been story for multiple from behind wins by KC?

the score was 20-10 and Mahomes threw a pick.
    that's when I figured Frisco had their number...

but really... how many times have KC been down by 2 or more scores and rallied back to win this season?

it's what they do
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

I didn't think it was a terribly officiated game. The helmet to helmet was incidental, and the opi was a push off that could or could not have been called. The thing I noticed the most was the Chefs were shorted on the spotting of the ball several times in the first half. That's relatively minor, though.

Holy Christ with the whining about the officiating...give it a rest. Chiefs won because they were unstoppable for that last 10 minutes and the 49ers shit the bed.

Congrats to the Chiefs and Andy Reid.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    It doesn't bother me that Richard Sherman featured prominently in three of KC's biggest plays.

To SF's credit, they did, for most of the game, hold KC's receivers in check, being able to drop 7 in coverage and rush only four.

Still. Kyle Shanahan is gonna get scrutinized for not running the ball more... again.

Quote Originally Posted by Firth View Post
    Hasn’t that been story for multiple from behind wins by KC?
    Yes, but I didn't think a cardiac comeback would work against the 49ers. Mahomes will be a star for the next 10 years at least, but KC needs to keep building this team on defense and find a way to not get behind early. That can't continue to happen.

I'm very happy for KC, Mahomes, and Big Red. Would love for them to be a dynasty for a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    It doesn't bother me that Richard Sherman featured prominently in three of KC's biggest plays.
    He looked slow and old out there.

Just saw the scoring drives I missed. The poise, and maturity this 24 year old kid shows is unbelievable. It's easy to like this kid.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    He's very good but can we stop with the coronation as the GOAT? He had 3 average quarters and the 49ers choked.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    He's very good but can we stop with the coronation as the GOAT? He had 3 average quarters and the 49ers choked.
    I know right?
    If the 49ers keep the ball on the ground and eat the clock, we'd be talking about the moment being too big for him and another Reid fail.

What he does have though is the "clutch" factor. Very cool under pressure...that is pretty impressive. To me at least.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    What he does have though is the "clutch" factor. Very cool under pressure...that is pretty impressive. To me at least.
    yeah Mahomes has an extra gear which only a select few QBs have...Brady, Wilson, Rodgers (sometimes) - when their team needs them they seem to reach this level where they suddenly see the field with superhuman clarity. I agree that Mahomes looked kinda bad for 3 quarters but SF's defense has made pretty much everyone save Brees & Wilson look that way. Jimmy G on the other hand looked panicked all game - he hit the checkdowns fine but when he needed a play he suddenly turned into Sam D'arnold.
    Critter Jams "album of the week" blog: http://critterjams.wordpress.com

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JAMOOL View Post
    yeah Mahomes has an extra gear which only a select few QBs have...Brady, Wilson, Rodgers (sometimes) - when their team needs them they seem to reach this level where they suddenly see the field with superhuman clarity. I agree that Mahomes looked kinda bad for 3 quarters but SF's defense has made pretty much everyone save Brees & Wilson look that way. Jimmy G on the other hand looked panicked all game - he hit the checkdowns fine but when he needed a play he suddenly turned into Sam D'arnold.
    I guess you don’t like Lamar?

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Very confident and unshaken. Jimmy G. however seemed to lose confidence as the game got more intense.

Who's crowning him the goat? (a buzz term I'm tired of already). Time will tell if he's great or not. To me, he's great now.

Who's crowning him the goat? (a buzz term I'm tired of already). Time will tell if he's great or not. To me, he's great now.
    Mainly talking heads on ESPN & the like.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Banned

Banned
    Revisiting the flag on Kittle, and understanding some are sick of the whining about PI, the Super Bowl has an enormous level of importance and deserves the utmost accuracy and attention to the officials in that game. The most important judgement point is whether contact (while the ball is in the air) prevented either defensive or offensive player from catching the pass. Clearly in this case defender initiated contact did not prevent the receiver from catching the pass. But did the receiver prevent the defender from catching the pass? A big fat NO! This was major f-up by officials in the most important game of the season.

Revisiting the flag on Kittle, and understanding some are sick of the whining about PI, the Super Bowl has an enormous level of importance and deserves the utmost accuracy and attention to the officials in that game. The most important judgement point is whether contact (while the ball is in the air) prevented either defensive or offensive player from catching the pass. Clearly in this case defender initiated contact did not prevent the receiver from catching the pass. But did the receiver prevent the defender from catching the pass? A big fat NO! This was major f-up by officials in the most important game of the season.
    This is offensive pass interference and they reviewed it and wouldn't even call it then. The super bowl is like a rodeo with clowns officiating.

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Pretty much how I read it at the time.
    Ian

If Eli was quarterback for SF, then they win.

Quote Originally Posted by 3LockBox View Post
    If Eli was quarterback for SF, then they win.
    because the officials would turn a blind eye to blatant holding by the o-line
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Revisiting the flag on Kittle... did the receiver prevent the defender from catching the pass? A big fat NO! .
    It was a push-off by the receiver, but I can count on one hand the number of times I've seen it called (the only other time I saw it called in a SB was, well... another time everyone is sick of hearing about)

Ed is grouchy because this game cost him the coveted trophy of the PE Pickem League.
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    Ed is grouchy because this game cost him the coveted trophy of the PE Pickem League.
    Not really, I forgot to pick the super bowl.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!