Page 34 of 91 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2019 NFL Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    Packers are handing the Cowboys asses to them.
    yup... we have gone from the offensive juggernaut to the turnover toads
    fumbles... tip/pick gifts and just plain poor execution
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Khalil who?

The man was a non-factor yesterday. If the Raiders can learn to not shoot themselves in the foot, they may win a few more games this season...
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

This is no surprise... I kept wondering how he was keeping his job in the first place...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...after-05-start

Quote Originally Posted by MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER View Post
    I'm not a Dallas fan but what I saw of that game you guys got screwed by the officiating. Pass interference when the ball hits the Dallas defender square in the back on an uncatchable ball. Then no pass interference on the Packers when the defender head slaps the receiver at the line then pushes and shoves him all the way downfield then picks off a tipped ball. Dallas was on a major comeback when the officiating just shut them down. Then the official is pissed because Garrett throws a red flag so he throws a yellow one. Rodgers needs to send every official on that field a case of cheese and a sex tape of him and Danica Patrick.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Proud Member since 2/2002 UnderAGlassMoon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Khalil who?

The man was a non-factor yesterday. If the Raiders can learn to not shoot themselves in the foot, they may win a few more games this season...
    Looked like they were trying to snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory. But then they woke up again. I never thought they'd be 3-2 heading into the bye. The next two games are going to be tough.
    Eric: "What the hell Hutch, it's all Rush, what if we wanted a little variety?"

Hutch: "Rush is variety, Bitch! Rule number one: in my van, its Rush! All Rush, all the time...no exceptions."

From "Fanboys" 2009.

This is no surprise... I kept wondering how he was keeping his job in the first place...

He'll probably be on the Raiders staff by the end of the week.

Hutch: "Rush is variety, Bitch! Rule number one: in my van, its Rush! All Rush, all the time...no exceptions."

From "Fanboys" 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by UnderAGlassMoon View Post
    Looked like they were trying to snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory. But then they woke up again. I never thought they'd be 3-2 heading into the bye. The next two games are going to be tough.
    Yeah... 3-2 and 1 game behind the Chiefs. I'll take it. Don't think we'll get in but you never know. At least the season isn't already a wash... That kid Jacobs is gonna be a player in this league. Very impressive game yesterday. He set up the whole offense with those great 1st down runs.

To answer your other post, don't know if Jay will be joining brother Jon in mid-season...It's about continuity..

Yeah... 3-2 and 1 game behind the Chiefs. I'll take it. Don't think we'll get in but you never know. At least the season isn't already a wash... That kid Jacobs is gonna be a player in this league. Very impressive game yesterday. He set up the whole offense with those great 1st down runs.

To answer your other post, don't know if Jay will be joining brother Jon in mid-season...It's about continuity..
    I hope you're right Yves. Just been hearing that Jon was going to bring him on when he got fired.

From "Fanboys" 2009.

Oh yeah. Gruden was DEFINITELY the problem [END SARCASM]

Danny Snyder's record as Redskins owner: 139-185-1

Under Snyder, Gibbs went 30-34...

Schottenheimer went 8-8...

Zorn 12-20...

Shanahan 24-40...

Spurrier 12-20...

and Gruden went 35-49-1.

The Washington fans deserve better than Dan Snyder and Bruce Allen
    Brian Dennehy: "I'm now 80 and I'm just another actor and that's fine with me. I've had a hell of a ride," ... "I have a nice house. I haven't got a palace, a mansion, but a pretty nice, comfortable home. I've raised a bunch of kids and sent them all to school, and they're all doing well. All the people that are close to me are reasonably healthy and happy. Listen, that's as much as anybody can hope for in life."

At 0-5 they cannot fire the whole team, and they're not gonna fire themselves, so....

Did I hear Callahan is gonna be interim coach? The same Callahan who inherited a good Raiders team and ran them into the ground? Wow! good luck Skins!

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    With a healthy Rodgers and new running back phenom Aaron Jones (both big "ifs") this year, the Cheez-Whiz, based on the surprising mediocrity of the rest of the NFC North, could "roll away the stone'' in 2019 and win their division again.

What did you think? Jews weren't capable of New Testament references?
    I wouldn't call it "surprising mediocrity" - there's a decent chance none of the 4 teams finishes below .500 this year. Vikes & Bears have some obvious holes (I'll put it this way, Rodgers still rules that division) but I wouldn't be surprised if either makes the playoffs. And the Lions are...somehow pretty decent all the sudden?

I am not really sure what to make of the Packers yet. Even though the storyline seems to be that the Cowboys got dismantled, just look at the numbers. The Cowboys gained 230 more yards than the Pack (!!!) and averaged over 3 yards more per play. Dak set a career high for passing. Of course this is what happens when you get turnovers and the other team doesn't - not to mention being ahead by 3-4 scores changes the gameplan a lot for both teams. But they do need to figure out what the hell is going on in their secondary. Dak made a lot of crazy throws and the Cowboys receivers made some ridiculous catches, but still. Their coverage is so soft sometimes that they're practically begging for the quick score. The Packers have spent an entire decade (minus a couple of bad years) being that team that can absolutely dominate but they always seem to leave the door open just wide enough for a comeback.
    Critter Jams "album of the week" blog: http://critterjams.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by JAMOOL View Post
    I am not really sure what to make of the Packers yet. Even though the storyline seems to be that the Cowboys got dismantled, just look at the numbers. The Cowboys gained 230 more yards than the Pack (!!!) and averaged over 3 yards more per play. Dak set a career high for passing. Of course this is what happens when you get turnovers and the other team doesn't
    we need to end the turnover party
    2 weeks in a row now we shot ourselves in the foot
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    I apologize. I am so disgusted with the teams in this city. I need to move outta this city. It's ridiculous. I'm weening myself off this thread. Lol. I'm sick of my posts too.....
    Hey Vic, I hope I didn't turn you off by my response. You're a great guy and contributor and I love your sense of humor, so please keep on posting.
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Hush, Vic. You can't speak bad about the Cowboys.

BANNED!

Quote Originally Posted by MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER View Post
    I think "they are who they thought they were". The media hypes this team up so much, anything less than a Super Bowl title is an embarrassment. They played 3 crappy teams and beat them, but had a more difficult time with more worthy opponents. That said, they showed a lot of heart being down 28. I still like them to reach the playoffs, but have no wild aspirations beyond that, especially with the Pats playing like they are going to go 19-0. This seems like Deja vu.

OBJ has to be thinking, "I'm still on the Giants."

Quote Originally Posted by Poisoned Youth View Post
    Hey Vic, I hope I didn't turn you off by my response. You're a great guy and contributor and I love your sense of humor, so please keep on posting.
    Let Vic stay!! Let Vic stay!! Let Vic stay!!

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    I'm still not convinced by the 49'ers, they've beaten the Bucs, Bengals, Steelers & Browns a combined 5-15.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    I'm still not convinced by the 49'ers, they've beaten the Bucs, Bengals, Steelers & Browns a combined 5-15.
    They travel to LA Sunday to play the Rams. Not just a test for the Niners but a huge game within the division.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    They were fast and athletic. Always a good thing. And Bosa will be a force.

The Cleveland Browns....Weren't certain "experts" having them hoist the Lombardi in February? Not even sure they will make the playoffs at this point... Expect OBJ to start throwing teammates under the bus very soon...

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    They were fast and athletic. Always a good thing. And Bosa will be a force.
    Did you see the replays of Bosa rushing the passer, he would have his hands on the lineman's face mask and no hands to the face call.
    Last edited by Shadow; 10-08-2019 at 11:38 AM.

still think Cowboys are gonna win their division and maybe a playoff game

hard to blame the 49ers for having a weak schedule, but they've looked crazy dominant in those games which is what you'd expect a great team to do. I think they're for real.

another big surprise are the Colts. after Luck's retirement the betting markets lost their mind (Colts went from an odds on favorite to a 3.5:1 dog to win the division) and you heard a lot of talk about how Jacoby really wasn't that dramatic a dropoff. still gonna be a dogfight with the Texans but if there's one thing you can count on it's that Houston will fade
    Critter Jams "album of the week" blog: http://critterjams.wordpress.com

In the pick em league Seattle is an underdog to Cleveland but are the #5 pick in the survival league.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Ravens looks a pretty safe pick versus the Bengals, unfortunately I used them in week 2, might have to go Pats this week.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.