Page 32 of 91 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2019 NFL Discussion Thread

^ Horrible secondary? 3 out of 4 starters are out and didn't play, and for all that, they played pretty well, especially Whitehead. The Browns started playing a "Prevent" defense with 11 minutes left, which is ridiculous.

Vikings now have the inverse of Denny Green - all defense and no discernible offense
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    What the hell happened to the Rams?
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    What the hell happened to the Rams?
    Goff whilters under pressure

Kamara has been nonfactor so far

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    ^ Horrible secondary? 3 out of 4 starters are out and didn't play, and for all that, they played pretty well, especially Whitehead. The Browns started playing a "Prevent" defense with 11 minutes left, which is ridiculous.
    It should have been easy pickens today, but they play a quarterback who can't throw the ball. For some reason the Ravens secondary just doesn't communicate.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

well... that sucked
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

My pick em page looks like a bingo card marked with red X's.

And I love to point out the utter ineptitude of the Danny Snyder-era Redskins:

LondonFletcherMisspelled.jpg

https://twitter.com/Eric_Edholm/stat...-peter-king%2F
    Brian Dennehy: "I'm now 80 and I'm just another actor and that's fine with me. I've had a hell of a ride," ... "I have a nice house. I haven't got a palace, a mansion, but a pretty nice, comfortable home. I've raised a bunch of kids and sent them all to school, and they're all doing well. All the people that are close to me are reasonably healthy and happy. Listen, that's as much as anybody can hope for in life."

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    I hope the Seahawks lose.
    Your hopes are sure to be dashed whey they play the whipping boys from my home town.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Vikings now have the inverse of Denny Green - all defense and no discernible offense
    It was under Denny Green's tutelage the Bears beat the hell out of the Cards without scoring a single offensive point. After the game, Denny angrily said on live TV, "They're who the f*** we thought they were!"
    Last edited by progmatist; 09-30-2019 at 04:40 PM.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

The eons are closing
    And we let em off the hook.
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Here's my question: Are plays like this legal in pro ball? They'd make the game a lot more fun to watch, instead of 2 yards up the middle almost every damn play.

Have the Bengals got money on this game? They're making the Steelers look like a real team.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Have the Bengals got money on this game? They're making the Steelers look like a real team.
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

The eons are closing
    I was up by 7.5 pts in my fantasy game, going against Dalton and Ross. No players of my own.

I won.

Thank you BenGals.
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    New team, same results. It only took 14 quarters this season for Assclown Burfict to get his first ejection as a Raider.
    Another shot to the head of an opposing player. Why is he still in the league?
    That may have been his last game..

I did see a Pats player put an almost as vicious hit on a Bills player, but no call....
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

In other news, I managed to pick 5 games on the over/under to parlay $5 into $83. This means I break even for the season already, since I only bet $5 a week and this win has just paid for the next 16 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    That may have been his last game..

I did see a Pats player put an almost as vicious hit on a Bills player, but no call....
    Harmon has none of the history of Burfict and of course he's a Patriot.
    Ian

You said it, not me...

"I did see a Pats player put an almost as vicious hit on a Bills player, but no call...."

Harmon has none of the history of Burfict and of course he's a Patriot.
    It was actually Jonathan Jones who made the hit, Harmon was making the perfectly legal tackle from behind. The play actually was penalized, 15 yard personal foul. But no ejection. The play was reviewed by the league and they upheld that there should be no ejection/suspension. He may still get a fine.

Had the league suspended him, I'd have supported it. I don't think the hit was intentional, but I don't think Jones did enough to avoid helmet to helmet on a player that was going down. I think he was trying to keep him shy of the first down marker and wound up hitting him high. I wouldn't call the hit "viscous," but it was clearly high and he led with his helmet. The league had their rationale for not suspending him, and I think that has zip to do with him being a Patriot, but may have something to do with his history (i.e. no history of chronic illegal hits).

Burfict's hit was on a player already on the ground. There was no reason to hit him at all, let alone that hard, and let alone by leading with the helmet. Burfict's history likely factored into not only the ejection, but also the suspension. But I think at heart, the circumstances of the hits were very different, and even foregoing the histories of the players involved, the league should rightly treat them differently. They weren't the same.

Bill

I expect the Raiders to part ways with Burfict, even though he was their defensive captain. Next man up...

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    It should have been easy pickens today, but they play a quarterback who can't throw the ball. For some reason the Ravens secondary just doesn't communicate.
    What the hell is up with the D ? They gave up over 500 yards in consecutive games.

Quote Originally Posted by Lou View Post
    What the hell is up with the D ? They gave up over 500 yards in consecutive games.
    The officials killed them in the Chief's game, but they totally shit the bed against the Browns. Maybe they should try and get Ramsey from the Jags. Earl Thomas really isn't doing as good a job as expected.

The officials killed them in the Chief's game, but they totally shit the bed against the Browns. Maybe they should try and get Ramsey from the Jags. Earl Thomas really isn't doing as good a job as expected.
    You got that kinda cap space?

How do you pick a game like Arizona at Cincy?

Earl Thomas really isn't doing as good a job as expected.
    He may not be fully recovered. It seemed to take Sherman a full year and a half to recover.

Where Sherman and Thomas also exceeded (in Seattle) was run defense. Seahawks new defensive backfield is getting burned in the air and on the ground.