Page 12 of 91 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

Thread: The 2019 NFL Discussion Thread

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    As usual the Seahawks trade back and take a project. I think they'd skip the whole process if they could.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    I don't really follow these things (I am really only aware of the bigger names) so I have no idea who he is/what he was projected as, but I support the chargers taking a DT in the first round.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Beyond thrilled that the Steelers traded up to get Devin Bush.
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    Wow. Giants take a QB at 6 that McShay called a career backup.
    At number 6, the pick should be a stud or move on to the defense. With the media calling for Eli's head for the last two years when he spent his time running for his life, Gettleman felt the pressure. smh

Quote Originally Posted by Tangram View Post
    At number 6, the pick should be a stud or move on to the defense. With the media calling for Eli's head for the last two years when he spent his time running for his life, Gettleman felt the pressure. smh
    They could have still had him later in the first round, so it’s a real head scratcher for sure.
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

And with the 27th pick in the draft, the Cowboys take Amari Cooper, WR. I’ll take it.

The Ravens take Antonia Brown's cousin who is no bigger than your little sister to catch balls from a QB who can't pass.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    As usual the Seahawks trade back and take a project. I think they'd skip the whole process if they could.
    In less than a week they went from 4 picks to 9 picks and set themselves up nicely for next year too. Given who they typically draft and how they draft, I'm totally fine with the trade down mentality.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangram View Post
    I don't think Gettleman felt that much pressure to take a QB. The team has needs all over the field and none of the QBs in this year's draft are projected to be big stars.

What Gettleman does - with the exception of the Beckham trade, which I still think came from above Gettleman - is do the moves that have the greatest short-term upside *for him*

Last year, the "safe" move was to go with Barkely and hope that Eli still had a good year left in him. GMs with winning records don't get fired. He under-estimated how bad the O-Line was.

This year, he's taking a QB to satisfy some who demand it, but he kept Eli around to actually play the position this year, and is dangling Jones as the starter for 2020 - or even 2021. Not to mention that you don't draft a player at 6 and then sit him on the bench for 2 years, or even 1 year. If you need to do that, then you shouldn't have taken him at 6. And in the case of this particular player, he would have been there at 17, so the Giants could have taken an elite DE at 6 instead of waiting to 17 and then getting what was left. Just really stupid.

Nothing is being done for the long-term future of the team. Of course Gettleman will fail and be fired and he will be gone and Barkley will be gone or well past his prime before the Giants are ever a contender again.

The Haskins/Jones thing is being manufactured by ESPN. While I do think Haskins will be a better pro than Jones, I don't think Haskins is going to be anything special at the NFL level. The idea that Haskins is going to torture the Giants for years in a Redskins uniform while Jones never does anything is something I'll have to see to believe.

Hey, if one is a Cowboys or Eagles fan, go ahead and laugh it up. These are dark times ahead for the Giants.
    Last edited by Facelift; 04-26-2019 at 09:08 AM.

Wow. Raidizz TV guys pick a guy projected at 15-25 at number 4.
    I think they were afraid he would not be there at 24 and they liked him. I'll give mayock the benefit of the doubt. He hit the other 2 picks out of the park imo, especially given that they wanted Sweat at 27 and Jay stole him from brother Jon.
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Not your Daddy's draft so far.
    My Daddy's draft looked like this:

Your daddy knew a good draft!

So the Cards took Murray, and nobody tried to claim Rosen. I have to wonder if anyone will make a play for him in the 2nd round. I don't think they can go into training camp with both those QBs. I think Rosen can be effective in NFL and someone's gonna get him for a song.

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    So the Cards took Murray, and nobody tried to claim Rosen. I have to wonder if anyone will make a play for him in the 2nd round. I don't think they can go into training camp with both those QBs. I think Rosen can be effective in NFL and someone's gonna get him for a song.
    I was hoping that team was the Giants. It's hard to believe that Jones will be better than Rosen, and Rosen can be had for an early 3rd round draft pick.

But why act rational? Draft Jones at #6 and sit him for a year or two instead!

Quote Originally Posted by Poisoned Youth View Post
    They could have still had him later in the first round, so it’s a real head scratcher for sure.
    Possibly worried Washington or maybe Miami wanted Jones and Giants didn't want to risk losing him? I don't know. I almost shit myself when they didn't say Josh Allen . Hey, I'm gonna stay positive..."big athletic guy, very tough in the pocket and can extend plays"...that sounds like a welcome change if it pans out. Is this not Eli's biggest criticism? I'll just hope the revamped OL this year keeps Eli upright and on target

Nice though grabbing that "Snacks" replacement in Lawrence and apparently a great cover guy in Baker
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by Facelift View Post
    I was hoping that team was the Giants. It's hard to believe that Jones will be better than Rosen, and Rosen can be had for an early 3rd round draft pick.

But why act rational? Draft Jones at #6 and sit him for a year or two instead!
    Great point.

Giants have always been a very conservative team. Seeing both Green Bay and the Steelers make moves yesterday, let me add that the Giants may be the last of the very conservative teams.

I think Rosen gets dealt today for a 3rd + another lower pick (5th maybe?), at best. Someone will be getting a bargain.

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Giants have always been a very conservative team. Seeing both Green Bay and the Steelers make moves yesterday, let me add that the Giants may be the last of the very conservative teams.

I think Rosen gets dealt today for a 3rd + another lower pick (5th maybe?), at best. Someone will be getting a bargain.
    Let's speculate. Who does he go to?

Dolphins? Bengals?

Oh, the Patriots I bet. That would be hilarious.

Let's speculate. Who does he go to?

Dolphins? Bengals?

Oh, the Patriots I bet. That would be hilarious.
    Yep, I bet the Patriots slow play this and get him for a mid round pick. Just read Arizona didn't actively try to trade Rosen until just before the draft

Giants in general.. Also them drafting a RB last year at 2 instead of Darnold..

Quote Originally Posted by Hobo Chang Ba View Post
    I don't really follow these things (I am really only aware of the bigger names) so I have no idea who he is/what he was projected as, but I support the chargers taking a DT in the first round.
    You have no choice. They do it almost every year!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    The Ravens take Antonia Brown's cousin who is no bigger than your little sister to catch balls from a QB who can't pass.
    Sounds like you're all in, Ed.

And with the 27th pick in the draft, the Cowboys take Amari Cooper, WR. I’ll take it.
    works for me! a proven commodity vs. whatever 27 might turn out to be
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Tyreek Hill <slaps forehead>
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    Tyreek Hill <slaps forehead>
    Yeah, the Chefs are imploding. Their fans have to think they're in an episode of The Twilight Zone.

Sounds like you're all in, Ed.
    A friend of mine is so disgusted with them he didn't even renew his season tickets.