Page 12 of 55 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: MLB 2019

Boy, Scott, seems like a lot of your local Phillies fans have their panties all twisted up over this signing. I realize they're probably not a majority. But, they seem to be some of the loudest ones.

I hope your boy Bryce doesn't go 0-4 in his first game. They might burn down the entire city.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Boy, Scott, seems like a lot of your local Phillies fans have their panties all twisted up over this signing. I realize they're probably not a majority. But, they seem to be some of the loudest ones.

I hope your boy Bryce doesn't go 0-4 in his first game. They might burn down the entire city.
    Also known as Stanton Derangement Syndrome.
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

A 2019 Phillies projected starting lineup:

1) Cesar Hernandez (S), 2B
    2) Andrew McCutchen (R), LF
    3) Bryce Harper (L), RF
    4) Rhys Hoskins (R), 1B
    5) J.T. Realmuto (R), C
    6) Jean Segura (R), SS
    7) Maikel Franco (R), 3B
    8) Odubel Herrera (L), CF
    9) Pitcher

Not bad! Personally I'd swap Segura and Cutch as Segura has had a lot of success in the 2 slot.

Quote Originally Posted by Poisoned Youth View Post
    Also known as Sandoval Derangement Syndrome.
    Fixed that for ya.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

This fanbase is insufferable. Everyone wants to go back to the way the game was played in 1968.

Quote Originally Posted by Poisoned Youth View Post
    A 2019 Phillies projected starting lineup:

1) Cesar Hernandez (S), 2B
    2) Andrew McCutchen (R), LF
    3) Bryce Harper (L), RF
    4) Rhys Hoskins (R), 1B
    5) J.T. Realmuto (R), C
    6) Jean Segura (R), SS
    7) Maikel Franco (R), 3B
    8) Odubel Herrera (L), CF
    9) Pitcher

Not bad! Personally I'd swap Segura and Cutch as Segura has had a lot of success in the 2 slot.
    Lots of things wrong with that lineup. Cesar isn't batting higher than 8th. Harper will probably be 2nd. Segura and McCutcheon will probably be interchangable between 1st and 3rd. It will be interesting to see what Franco can do with no pressure on him.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

The eons are closing
    While I defer to Scotts local insight, in the lineup Cozy posted I would have done the 'pitcher batting 8th' annoying LaRussa thing. With Odubel ninth and then switch hitting Cesar....

Yeah it would be better with Bryce at 2....
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Lots of things wrong with that lineup. Cesar isn't batting higher than 8th. Harper will probably be 2nd. Segura and McCutcheon will probably be interchangable between 1st and 3rd. It will be interesting to see what Franco can do with no pressure on him.
    I think that Cesar led off most of 2018, that’s why MLB put him there for 2019. Segura has spent a lot of time as a number 2 hitter, so seems appropriate to keep him there. Cutch and Bryce can and have played anywhere between 1-4. Hoskins has been moved up and down the lineup a lot as well iirc. Realmuto hit cleanup iirc, but that was with the Marlins. Anyway, if we push Cesar out, we are maybe talking something like this:

1) Andrew McCutchen (R), LF
    2) Jean Segura (R), SS
    3) Bryce Harper (L), RF
    4) Rhys Hoskins (R), 1B
    5) J.T. Realmuto (R), C
    6) Maikel Franco (R), 3B
    7) Odubel Herrera (L), CF
    8) Cesar Hernandez (S), 2B
    9) Pitcher

Quote Originally Posted by Bartellb View Post
    Why Harper 2nd? The best hitter is usually 3rd.
    Yankees are considering having Judge lead off for some games.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartellb View Post
    Why Harper 2nd? The best hitter is usually 3rd.
    Not anymore.

Didn't Judge bat 2nd for most of last year?
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Get's the strike out out of the way.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Didn't Judge bat 2nd for most of last year?
    Yep

If that's the best you can do, it's gonna be a long season.

Meanwhile, Red Sox Knuckleballer Steven Wright has been suspended 80 games for violating MLB’s performance-enhancing drug policy and will be ineligible to pitch in the postseason.

Meanwhile, Red Sox Knuckleballer Steven Wright has been suspended 80 games for violating MLB’s performance-enhancing drug policy and will be ineligible to pitch in the postseason.
    Gotta wonder what the hell a knuckleballer is doing taking PED's. more like a knucklehead
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Gotta wonder what the hell a knuckleballer is doing taking PED's. more like a knucklehead
    He's making the "I-don't-dispute-the-findings-but-I-never-intentially-took-PEDs" case. Good luck with that.

Has he been injured recently?

He's making the "I-don't-dispute-the-findings-but-I-never-intentially-took-PEDs" case. Good luck with that.

Has he been injured recently?
    He's had a bunch of injuries, he was off the play-off roster due to a knee injury and had surgery in the off season
    Ian

He's had a bunch of injuries, he was off the play-off roster due to a knee injury and had surgery in the off season
    Well, lucky for him the Red Sox won't make the post-season, so there's nothing he'll be missing in October.

Yep, it probably occurred as a result of his rehab (intentionally or not). Other than the potential of providing long relief and a change of pace, he wasn't expected to factor into much this season, so such is life. Actually he frees up a spot on the 40 man.

Tom Seaver, 74 has been diagnosed with dementia and will retire from public life.

I lived in Queens and was a rabid Mets fan in 1969. I'm sad.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    Tom Seaver, 74 has been diagnosed with dementia and will retire from public life.

I lived in Queens and was a rabid Mets fan in 1969. I'm sad.
    Yankee fan from back in the day, but Seaver was stunning. It was tough but you had to say Seaver was better then , Stottlemeyer or Hunter or whoever the Yanks had. Did get to Shea often enough to see him pitch too. Its a shame he's not well. An all-time great.

I missed an Seaver-opening day opportunity due to bad weather. F-weather! F-dementia!

I watched dementia work on my dad the last 2 years of his life. Brilliant man reduced to... sadness.
    I've got a bike you can ride it if you like

Major bummer about Mr. Seaver. I was never a Mets fan (well, I did root for them in the '69 Series before I became a Yankees' fan), but I always considered him one of the best and a class act.

Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    I missed an Seaver-opening day opportunity due to bad weather. F-weather! F-dementia!

I watched dementia work on my dad the last 2 years of his life. Brilliant man reduced to... sadness.
    My kids (and me, since we never stopped being there for each other even after our 2003 divorce) just lost their mom to dementia/Parkinson's last summer, after 4 plus years of agonizingly watching her slip away. Worse than dying from some aggressive form of cancer imo.

Major bummer about Mr. Seaver. I was never a Mets fan ... but I always considered him one of the best and a class act.
    Agreed. Fantastic pitcher. Very sad news.

The eons are closing
    This Metsie household is sad. Gonna grab one of my mid 70s TS baseball cards and have it out on display with my Shea seats in the cave. Have to figure a good way to do so, likely need to move seats temporarily.
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

"Fuck me?" (Beep-Beep) "Fuck you!!"

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...aign=editorial