Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Camel - Royal Albert Hall 2018 - Blu-ray & DVD

Quote Originally Posted by rich View Post
    What "big" interview? Do you have a link? What are his views? if it was posted apologies...
    Sorry about that. Here's a link: https://www.loudersound.com/news/cam...-on-sale-today

Quote Originally Posted by Squigelyfox View Post
    No worries, lots of people talk like this, and about Peter Gabriel too! I don't think about it really....not everyone does. Some people often seem to prefer the older music too, even if new stuff does come out. I suppose you get that with a lot of artists though.
    I suppose. Of course I love the old and classic stuff, but I must confess some of the later Camel albums are my favourites. No news so far I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    Received an email from Amazon regarding my pre-order and they have changed the estimated shipping date to Nov 29-Dec 13..which is about the 4th time they've changed it, but that's ok it'll get here when Camel is happy with the Blu Ray.
    ...and yet I've still heard nothing from Camel Productions themselves since this:-

Quote Originally Posted by The Twickerman View Post
    I had an email from Camel Productions on 4th October saying:

"The Blu-ray and DVD are progressing well through the encoding process. Check discs are anticipated after the weekend and will then be inspected for any errors. If no errors are found and no corrections are necessary, they will be sent for final approval before going on to manufacturing."

No updates since then.

This doesn't inspire confidence...
    That's nothing in over a month. I think an email to those who've given them money costs nothing but a few moments and would be the decent thing to do.

...and yet I've still heard nothing from Camel Productions themselves since this:-
    well it is afterall Amazon and they may just have an automated update if they don't hear from the manufacturer.
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

well it is afterall Amazon and they may just have an automated update if they don't hear from the manufacturer.
    Errrr, no. I ordered directly from Camel Productions.

Errrr, no. I ordered directly from Camel Productions.
    this is not good enough from camel i can see why people are getting fed up with waiting after all they have our money i wont be ordering anything again until they become available am still a big fan but mr latimers people are letting us down at this rate dvd bluray cd will not be with us untill next year am fed up

Quote Originally Posted by andy1 View Post
    this is not good enough from camel i can see why people are getting fed up with waiting after all they have our money i wont be ordering anything again until they become available am still a big fan but mr latimers people are letting us down at this rate dvd bluray cd will not be with us untill next year am fed up
    I understand your frustration, be patient because knowing how opportunist are any business companies, the DVD will be out before Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by jarmsuh View Post
    I understand your frustration, be patient because knowing how opportunist are any business companies, the DVD will be out before Christmas.
    lets hope youre right its just very frustrating

Quote Originally Posted by andy1 View Post
    While you may have provided a credit card or PayPal or some other method, charges are normally not charged until the item ships. I would suspect Camel Productions are not different.
    I know everyone including myself would love to have this in our hands... but these things do take time and we want them to have it 100% perfect so we can enjoy it for a lifetime.

As we've seen for some time now, our music world is changing as our favorite musicians face health issues or a loss of one or more members of a band due to passing away. So let's be grateful Andy was healthy enough to do this tour and we have a recorded DVD of it.
    It will be here soon enough and we'll all have a big smile on our faces afterward.
    Soundcloud page: Richard Hermans, musical meanderings https://soundcloud.com/precipice YouTube: [https://www.youtube.com/@richardhermans4457

While you may have provided a credit card or PayPal or some other method, charges are normally not charged until the item ships. I would suspect Camel Productions are not different.
    You faith is misplaced. They've had my money since August.

You faith is misplaced. They've had my money since August.
    I wouldn't say my faith has anything to do with it. It's my experience of 20 years of ordering merchandise online and I can't remember a time my preorder was charged before the item was shipped. There is usually a disclaimer stating "your card will not be charged until the date of shipment".
    Now, if you're saying you received a monthly statement in August that your card was already charged, then yes, that is disconcerting and unless previously stated by Camel Productions that your payment would be charged immediately, then that is wrong and I understand you being upset.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    My plan is to wait a few years and got a used copy online for cheaper.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

I wouldn't say my faith has anything to do with it. It's my experience of 20 years of ordering merchandise online and I can't remember a time my preorder was charged before the item was shipped. There is usually a disclaimer stating "your card will not be charged until the date of shipment".
    Now, if you're saying you received a monthly statement in August that your card was already charged, then yes, that is disconcerting and unless previously stated by Camel Productions that your payment would be charged immediately, then that is wrong and I understand you being upset.
    It was stated by CP that we would be charged, as a means of supporting them.

I know everyone including myself would love to have this in our hands... but these things do take time and we want them to have it 100% perfect so we can enjoy it for a lifetime.

As we've seen for some time now, our music world is changing as our favorite musicians face health issues or a loss of one or more members of a band due to passing away. So let's be grateful Andy was healthy enough to do this tour and we have a recorded DVD of it.
    It will be here soon enough and we'll all have a big smile on our faces afterward.
    Maybe, but that's a lot to assume!

Well, it will arrive when it's ready. I must admit that all the waiting is hard though...

It's my experience of 20 years of ordering merchandise online and I can't remember a time my preorder was charged before the item was shipped.
    I agree it is unusual - but not unique. The Burning Shed (on-line shop in the UK - which is the main channel for King Crimson, Steven Wilson and others) operates in the same way.

I agree it is unusual - but not unique. The Burning Shed (on-line shop in the UK - which is the main channel for King Crimson, Steven Wilson and others) operates in the same way.
    I don't find this so unusual unless you're talking about big record companies, because when you order directly form a band, it's charged right away.

I'm hearing a Easter release date...

Quote Originally Posted by progman1975 View Post
    I hope that's not true, but if it is I'd like to be know for sure so I can cancel my Amazon pre-order to free up my gift card allocation for some currently released music.

Quote Originally Posted by progman1975 View Post
    From where are you hearing this?

From where are you hearing this?
    The Easter Bunny.

I wonder what's happening and why it takes so long? Not a single word from CP concerning this...

I hope that's not true, but if it is I'd like to be know for sure so I can cancel my Amazon pre-order to free up my gift card allocation for some currently released music.
    I already cancelled mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Hour Candle View Post
    I wonder what's happening and why it takes so long? Not a single word from CP concerning this...
    Maybe the "check disc" CP were sent had errors on it? This would certainly slow things down.

Quote Originally Posted by Squigelyfox View Post
    Maybe the "check disc" CP were sent had errors on it? This would certainly slow things down.
    they soon wont send because of xmas post or maybe there just slow or maybe another reason whatever i wish they would just say what is holding them up