Thread: NEARfest Programs

NEARfest Programs

I’m framing the covers from NEARfest for the mancave but I can’t find my 2008 and 2009 edition

Is the old site archived anywhere we I might find the cover art?

Any know if any are available for purchase?

Any other ideas?

I thank the board in advance for any help it can provide

Good Morning...

Hmmmm ~ I have all my NEARfest programs stored in a box under my stairwell. Other than a 'look through' once every few years, they probably can be repurposed without too much regret. I have enjoyed the overall experience of the festival and otherwise. Perhaps an arrangement of sorts can be made!?..

Carry On
    Chris Buckley

I'd be shocked if they all sold at the time. Rob & Chad probably both have a box in the attic. PM them, or wait until they chime in.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    I'd be shocked if they all sold at the time. Rob & Chad probably both have a box in the attic. PM them, or wait until they chime in.
    I'm pretty sure that NF Apocalypse (2012) sold out, as I went back on Sunday to the merch table to learn that there were no more left....other years?, yeah, I would suspect that they didn't sell out.
    G.A.S -aholic

Does anyone have the humor piece that appeared in one of the NF programs? It was about the stages prog fans go through in their listening and collecting habits. It was even posted online somewhere, probably on the old PE forum. I'd like to read it again. It was from one of the ones I attended so it was between 2002 and 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Bartellb View Post
    Does anyone have the humor piece that appeared in one of the NF programs? It was about the stages prog fans go through in their listening and collecting habits. It was even posted online somewhere, probably on the old PE forum. I'd like to read it again. It was from one of the ones I attended so it was between 2002 and 2009
    Yes, 2012 sold out. In fact, after the festival, Chad came to me to discuss doing a short run reprinting of that program because so many people were asking about it, but it was too cost prohibitive.

I wouldn't mind getting a hold of the 2002 program. I have 01 and 03, and all the others I went to, but I either misplaced 02 or for some reason didn't get one (sold out?). I can't imagine I wouldn't have bought one if they were not sold out, but if there are any extras floating around, would really like to get that year.

That piece was from 2012? I'm almost positive it was earlier. I was laid up in a hospital bed fighting for my life in 2012 so I wouldn't have remembered it
    I don't think he was actually replying to that part of your post. Editing is always a good thing on a forum.

^^ Oh I see he was referring to the post before mine but quoted me.
    Yep, that's it. My bad, I didn't look closely before responding.

Hey. Yes, my bad. I was responding to the question from Supersonic Scientist about the 2012 program but quoted the wrong post. Sorry about that...

NearFest 2007....Page 6 & 7 Seven Phases In The Life Of A Hard-Core Prog Fan.
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

Found decent resolution scans online and printed the last 2 on photo paper

They came out ok

Quote Originally Posted by winkersnufs View Post
    Good Morning...

Hmmmm ~ I have all my NEARfest programs stored in a box under my stairwell. Other than a 'look through' once every few years, they probably can be repurposed without too much regret. I have enjoyed the overall experience of the festival and otherwise. Perhaps an arrangement of sorts can be made!?..

Carry On
    Chris Buckley
    If you have the 2009 program, I would be glad to receive a scan of the piece on Oblivion Sun. I wrote it myself, but somehow never received a copy of the program in return. There was some miss-communication back then and one way or another Rob or Chad couldn't help me out either.

NEARfest Officer Emeritus Nearfest2's Avatar
    I have some programs in boxes in my basement. I'll report back with what I have (Sunday or Monday). If you only need a scan of a cover or certain pages, I can get you that as well.

Anyone interested can PM me or email me!
    Chad

Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    If you have the 2009 program, I would be glad to receive a scan of the piece on Oblivion Sun. I wrote it myself, but somehow never received a copy of the program in return. There was some miss-communication back then and one way or another Rob or Chad couldn't help me out either.
    I didn't have over control the 2009 or 2010 publications. Those extras went home with Ray Loboda.
    Chad

Chad

I need a NEARfest 14 program as well

Here you go...

NEARfest 2014
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    Thanks.
    Chad

So far, I've found a lot of 2012's and one 2006 program. Still looking...

I found most of my own collection. Still looking for 1999 and 2001-2003. I'm sure they're around here somewhere.
    Chad

I eventually pitched all programs I had.