Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wigwam reform for 50th anniversary tour!

Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
    A live album would be fine with me as well.
    I'm hoping for a new studio album.

Quote Originally Posted by regenerativemusic View Post
    I think it would be very profitable, I don't see how they don't do one.

Quote Originally Posted by regenerativemusic View Post
    I'm satisfied by both, a studio album and a live album.

Just picked up the 2CD reissues of Nuclear, Lucky and Dark. Hopefully more is coming...
    "Always ready with the ray of sunshine"

Anybody see one of these gigs? Viukkis?

http://blues.gr/profiles/blogs/legen...talks-about-th

An interview with Jim from last year if you want to call it that. I'm betting not one of you can read the whole thing! I know I couldn't!!

I was at two of the 50th anniversary gigs (Kulttuuritalo and Tavastia) and they were quite enjoyable but not particularly proggy affairs. The only Gustavson/Pohjola era tracks were Losing Hold, Lost Without a Trace and Marvelry Skimmer, and each reunion era album was represented by multiple songs. Jim Pembroke was not in a particularly strong voice and Jukka Gustavson sang about half of the set although it was almost all originally sung by Pembroke, but this actually worked quite well on many songs such as Lucky Golden Stars and Starpose. Apparently Pembroke had arrived in Finland just a couple of days before the tour started and the rest of the band had rehearsed without him, which was quite obvious at times. Most alive former members guest starred at some point and even Jukka Tolonen dropped in to play bass on Losing Hold as his arthritic fingers apparently still work well enough for that purpose (although he didn't even attempt to replicate Pohjola's nimble lines exactly). In other songs Pave Maijanen did a solid job on bass but really impressed on backing vocals, which was expected as he also sung them on most of the tracks on Nuclear Nightclub (which he produced).

Excellent! Thanks Viukkis! I wasn't aware that JT was having issues with Old Arthur but I've not kept up with him. I'm guessing Jim has pretty much retired now then. Have you heard Gustavson's recent one, Prognosis from late last year? It's on youtube but I'm having a difficult time finding a hard copy.

Haven't heard Gustavson's new one yet, but I probably should because everybody has been so positive about it. Here's one retailer who might be able to ship you a copy: https://www.recordshopx.com/artist/gustavson_jukka/

Ordered! Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dok View Post
    I wasn't aware that JT was having issues with Old Arthur but I've not kept up with him.
    I also believe he actually "hurt" his hands on several occasions while living hard and out of carwrecks during his years as a heavy alcoholic and speedfreak. It's a rather well known story with afficcionados of the band and Finnish rock in general here in Nordic lands.

Man, what a fantastic guitarist and musician he was.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

There is something vaguely reminiscent of what your saying SS. Instead of windmills it seems to be the cobwebs of my mind these days.