Thread: I Am The Manic Whale: Gathering the Waters

I Am The Manic Whale: Gathering the Waters

This was released late last year. I didn’t see much discussion here about this great release so I thought I would bring it back to the top, as it were. This new album is fantastic! I just received my copy from Bandcamp recently and it’s in my top 5 so far for the year! There are hints of many groups, but this band definitely is NOT a copy band. If you are a fan of Moon Safari, Alan Parsons, Neal Morse, The Flower Kings, Gentle Giant you need to head on over to Bandcamp and order a copy! You will be very happy you did!!! These guys are extremely talented and they can definitely write great music with the best of them! Any other fans?
    So much music....so little time....

Their debut album was a stunner. Unfortunately I don't like their second full-length release. At all...

Sorry to hear that. What didn’t click with you? Just curious....
    So much music....so little time....

Old man of prog
    Quote Originally Posted by flatliner View Post
    This was released late last year. I didn’t see much discussion here about this great release so I thought I would bring it back to the top, as it were. This new album is fantastic! I just received my copy from Bandcamp recently and it’s in my top 5 so far for the year! There are hints of many groups, but this band definitely is NOT a copy band. If you are a fan of Moon Safari, Alan Parsons, Neal Morse, The Flower Kings, Gentle Giant you need to head on over to Bandcamp and order a copy! You will be very happy you did!!! These guys are extremely talented and they can definitely write great music with the best of them! Any other fans?
    In my Top 10 of 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by flatliner View Post
    Sorry to hear that. What didn’t click with you? Just curious....
    From the musical stand-point, second mission is absolutely unsuccessful. IMO.

This band slipped by me without notice but I just listened and am glad I did. Very good and enjoyable music. I concur with the description of their sound but I'd say it reminds me of a mixture of Spock's Beard and the current Kaipa with a hint of Crack The Sky in some of the sung melodies.
    Last edited by Splicer; 05-13-2018 at 07:42 PM.
    Mongrel dog soils actor's feet