Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536 LastLast

Thread: F1 Racing

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    If you are willing to pay for it, there is a lot of televised Sprint / Midget / SC racing on the streaming service Flo TV. I have a buddy who gets it and they do a really nice job with their broadcasts and have racing on just about every night, especially in the summer months. Not sure what they charge per month. I get MAV TV with my cabel service. They carry some open wheel short track events, but not nearly as much as Flo Racing.

Regarding Indy Car international flair, I notice that they are calling most of their road course races "Grand Prix" these days. They are definitely trying to cash in on the popularity of F-1.
    I rather not, TBH. Way too much streaming services already. But I should have figured there was something like that for it. Thanks.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Brother in St Pete is 4 miles away from the Firestone Grand Prix. He says he can hear the cars Inside his house with all the windows closed!
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

Any thoughts on the young, 18 year old, Ferrari rookie Oliver Bearman from last weekend? He comes from my old home town and also went to my school, so I was vested in seeing him drive well, and I thought he did admirably to secure the points that he did. I wonder how long until we see him back on the grid?

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlight Caller View Post
    Any thoughts on the young, 18 year old, Ferrari rookie Oliver Bearman from last weekend? He comes from my old home town and also went to my school, so I was vested in seeing him drive well, and I thought he did admirably to secure the points that he did. I wonder how long until we see him back on the grid?
    I was impressed. Similar thing with Liam Lawson last year - who out-drove Tsunoda.

I'd be happy to see those 2 included in the 2025 lineup, and start flushing out some of the deadwood.
    Regards,

Duncan

A...He comes from my old home town and also went to my school...
    On a loosely-related note - regarding Monaco: Princess Charlene comes from my old home town and also went to my old high school - albeit several years (generations? ) later.
    Regards,

Duncan

That’s cool too. I’m rather feeling my age when I see teenagers in F1. It’s definitely measured in generations now Duncan

The eons are closing
    My son and I thought he did smashing on such short notice; and managing those tires and pace at the end to get the pts!

He can come drive for Andretti! ;-)
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

I haven't had a chance to listen to this, yet, but wanted to share the podcast of an episode of the NPR show 1A (left click to listen, right click to download): How F1 Is Shifting Gears In The US
    “From thirty feet away she looked like a lot of class. From ten feet away she looked like something made up to be seen from thirty feet away.” – Philip Marlowe

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    I have to say I'm bored with Verstappen
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Now you know how some of us felt about Hamilton and Schumacher.

Eh. I feel like this is how F1 is, at least since I"ve been watching. Usually a dominant car/driver and all the intrigue is in who will be the best of the rest. Also this level of domination for red bull I do find pretty interesting. Never before do I remember seriously considering a driver could in theory run the table and it make actual sense.

My son and I thought he did smashing on such short notice; and managing those tires and pace at the end to get the pts!

How can I not agree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Me too, it’s far worse in terms of competition than ever before. He could win every race this season and probably next. It won’t be until the rule changes in 2026 that it may open up a little. I only watched last week because of the rookie kid.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Don't blame Max, he's just doing his job very professionally.

Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post

Quote Originally Posted by interbellum View Post
    And please tell me why he is considered Dutch?

He lives in Monaco, because of his privacy (or rather taxes I think) and he was raised in Belgium I think.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    I'm not blaming Max, doesn't change the fact it's boring. In the last 2 seasons he's won 34 of 44 races, 77%. During Hamilton's run he won 54%, 73 of 136, and Schumacher won 56%, 48 of 85.

We've never seen dominance at this level.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
    And please tell me why he is considered Dutch?

He lives in Monaco, because of his privacy (or rather taxes I think) and he was raised in Belgium I think.
    I've always wondered about that. In addition, he was born in Belgium.

BTW - Norris is also 1/2 Belgian. His mom is Flemish, he speaks the language fluently, and he used to spend several months a year there when he was growing up. Probably explains why he, Verstappen, and de Vries are very close friends off-track.
    Regards,

Duncan

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Glenday View Post
    I've always wondered about that. In addition, he was born in Belgium.
    His dad is Dutch.

Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
    His dad is Dutch.
    Nico Rosberg's Dad (also a former world-champion) is Finnish, though he goes as a German.

There doesn't seem to be much consistency in what nationality the modern Europeans claim. Is this a post-EU thing?
    Regards,

Duncan

Nico Rosberg's Dad (also a former world-champion) is Finnish, though he goes as a German.

There doesn't seem to be much consistency in what nationality the modern Europeans claim. Is this a post-EU thing?
    Finnish? I would have wagered he was Danish. Funny thing is he was born in Sweden. But you're right; both of his parents are Finnish.

I claim to be European first and Dutch second. My parents are Dutch and part of my family seem to originate from Germany (which can be seen in my familyname, which lead to namecalling at school). My dad often considered me Germanophile. Another part might have their roots in France.

The eons are closing
    Mario is gonna go to the mattress on this....

https://apnews.com/article/mario-and...16ef51cb1eb76d
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Mario is gonna go to the mattress on this....

https://apnews.com/article/mario-and...16ef51cb1eb76d
    As a person who grew up watching the Andretti family race in the U.S. (Mario, Michael, John, Marco) I also find this offensive. F-1 is arguably as popular in the U.S. as it has ever been right now. The involvement of the Andretti Family teamed up with Chrysler has the potential to boost this popularity into the stratosphere. Would they be competitive right off the bat? It would probably take a few years, but I think they could eventually build a competitive team. It is not like F-1 is has an overcrowded field. In most forms of racing, a 20-car field would be considered small. I just don’t get it. From my perspective there could be nothing negative about the Andretti family joining the field.

On a side note, I just finished watching the latest season of “Drive To Survive.” Another great season, although they struggled to find much drama with Red Bull / Verstappen being so dominate the whole season.