Thread: The Shocking Blue-Never really gave them a listen - I LOVE her and the Album AT HOME

The Shocking Blue-Never really gave them a listen - I LOVE her and the Album AT HOME

When I saw and read the thread about the bass player dying I played the Venus song and man was I Hooked...
    The female singer was beautiful (She was hot~!) and I was surprised at how good they were besides the Venus song especially the AT Home album.....now I cant get a couple of the songs out of my head.....

Quote Originally Posted by ironmaiden4ever View Post
    When I saw and read the thread about the bass player dying I played the Venus song and man was I Hooked...
    The female singer was beautiful (She was hot~!) and I was surprised at how good they were besides the Venus song especially the AT Home album.....now I cant get a couple of the songs out of my head.....
    The last couple of years the label Red Bullet releases box-sets of the work of Dutch bands. The sets from Kayak and Focus have been discussed, but you might be interested in the set from The Shocking Blue: https://www.discogs.com/Shocking-Blu...lease/10361496

All those years later and the keyboard player is still invisible.
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

Of interest is Galaxy-Lin, the band guitarist Robbie van Leeuwen formed after the Shocking Blue disbanded. Style is folk-rock with jazz and prog influences. Their gimmick was exchanging the guitars for mandolins:

Confirmed Bachelors: the dramedy hit of 1883...

Quote Originally Posted by rcarlberg View Post

Crap....I can't "unsee" that video..............My image of that '60's hottie is now forever ruined.
    G.A.S -aholic

Quote Originally Posted by Supersonic Scientist View Post
    Crap....I can't "unsee" that video..............My image of that '60's hottie is now forever ruined.
    Probably the poster's intent, cuz he's such a class act.

Quote Originally Posted by ironmaiden4ever View Post
    I've been a fan of the At Home album for 4 decades. It's easily their best and nothing really comes close with the exception of the "Scorpio's Dance" album.
    We are the grandchildren of apes, not angels
    But only we are gifted with the eyes to see
    On days without FEAR, when our heads are clear
    That angels, we could be
    (Marillion 2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Supersonic Scientist View Post
    I suppose you don't look the same as you did in the 60's.