Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Walking Dead

Walking Dead

Anyone else revved up for Governor vs. Rick?

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Definitely!!! Trying to get the wee one to bed so we can watch it at 9PM!

I'd give my hand to see it right now . . .
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

or your eye. I'll wait till 9:20, and zap as many commercials as possible.

Wow, that went by too fast.

A two hour premier would have been nice.
    no tunes, no dynamics, no nosebone

time for Hershel to take over the leadership because Rick is definitely ready for his own padded cell block.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Yeah, Rick not only has lost it, but he's irrational. There is absolutely no reason why they shouldn't have more manpower with their group.

By my count, there are only eight people (Rick, Glen, Maggie, Carl, Hershel, Beth, Carol and Axe. Michonne's role is unclear) to do all of the work - farming, patrolling, upkeep, child care for Lil Asskicker, etc - and that's before you consider the threat of invasion. That's not to say that they shouldn't take in anyone that walks up to the gate.

Allen's behavior (taking them by force) is not surprising, and I don't think that should be interpreted as him being unstable or a loose cannon - compare that to Rick's group at Hershel's farm. Being on the road for as long as they have will make them desperate.

Personally, I really like Tyreese - he was a great character in the book and I hope he's on the show for awhile

Jeff

For some reason my DVR only started recording the show 1/2 way in, so we lost the first half hour. Need to find out where I can see that on-line, since it is not available on-demand through my cable service.

Any links?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A gentleman is defined as someone who knows how to play the accordion, and doesn't.

Another good episode, and another Rick freak out. I called the zombie mobile when I saw it crash through the gate

It's time for Herschel to pick up the reins again and make decisions. Rick can be his field general but that's it. They'll need every body to fight off the guv, so Herschel has to go make nice with Tyreese's group fast. And they need more guns and ammo.

Loved the zombie mobile. But what happened to the driver of that thing?
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

He jumped out in a suit of armor and started shooting people, Jerol.

Great episode last night. Loved the last 20 mins! Glad Darryl's back, even with Merle.
    "Who would have thought a whale would be so heavy?" - Moe Sizlak

Better episode than the luke warm premiere.
    no tunes, no dynamics, no nosebone

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    ^ +1

Also, my WIFE noted that the same zombie got killed twice when the zombie mobile arrived, and my son Googled it and found there indeed was a continuity error. That's my wife!

Maybe the zombie had a twin, or maybe the virus has mutated so that the undead will also rise. Nasty things, those viruses...

Quote Originally Posted by Klonk View Post
    He jumped out in a suit of armor and started shooting people, Jerol.
    But did he get back into the pickup with the Guv and get away? I didn't see it if he did.

I',m not sure, either. Ask the woman who can tell zombies apart!

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    But did he get back into the pickup with the Guv and get away? I didn't see it if he did.
    Yeah, that bugged me, too. The show has been in the can for long enough that editing gaffs like that (and the double zombie) should be caught. I guess not a big deal--not a deal breaker, in any case--but still sort of annoying.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Not the most exciting episode. The pre view for the next one looks lively.

It was another "Talking Dead" episode. Other than Laurie Holden's incredible butt, this episode was pretty much a wash.

I loved this show...until it came back after the break, now it's boring the shit out of me.
    "The Bill of Rights says nothing about the freedom of hearing. This, of course, takes a lot of the fun out of the freedom of speech." - Pat Paulsen

My Art- http://www.facebook.com/rabidrenfro -My Life

I'm not sure I understood Laurie's motivation this past week. She suspects the Governor been playing her, actually she should now know he's just been lying to her, yet, she didn't kill him off last week. Plus she seems to want to be with Rick's group. What do you think was up with that?

I thought the previous week was a better, more intense episode. Maybe this next week will be as well.

The cafe was great. It was as they were waiting for service, and then the rats were served. What I'd like to know is how Michonne got the picture out in two minutes, when it was dropped into a horde of zombies.

I think that because all the zombies were at the door trying to get a taste of Carl, she was able to sneak in and grab it off the floor. You don't want to think too much about some of the logistics in this show. Like, if they had been this close to Rick's hometown all this time, why not go back and check for guns before this? Maybe they would have found Morgan before he had to kill his own son. See, you don't want to think too much here.

Still, a decent episode. I still want more naked Andrea.

Amen.