Page 86 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3676828384858687888990 ... LastLast
Results 2,126 to 2,150 of 2384

Thread: MLB 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Poisoned Youth View Post
    It's not too late for the Brew Crew. The games are in Milwaukee and they just need to get some confidence back - or at least let Miley pitch this time lol.
    it would be so amazing if Counsell pulled the same switcheroo in consecutive games lmao
    Critter Jams "album of the week" blog: http://critterjams.wordpress.com

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    LOL Just found PETCO Park. Lucky Padres...

Ok, enough jocularity though, I'll let you guys get on with it...

Oh, yeah, I forgot about the Padres. California has five teams.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Clutch hit by Aguilar!
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

Just started watching and got Freesed right away. Obviously didn't read above this.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by Poisoned Youth View Post
    Clutch hit by Aguilar!
    That play at second didn't have to be so close if he was hustling to first base.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

"Oh ye, erm, um, me of little faith!"

That was fun!
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    "Oh ye, erm, um, me of little faith!"

That was fun!
    I like their chances tonight!
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

Kudos to the person who predicted a seven game NLCS! (Too lazy to go back and see)
    A Comfort Zone is not a Life Sentence

Brewers are a feel-good story and good for baseball. I hope they beat the Dodgers and find some way to relegate the Red Sox's season to what-could-have-been.

That's as close as I'll get to rooting for an NL team. Okay, if the Indians were in the WS, I'd do the same, too.
    "The White Zone is for loading and unloading only. If you got to load or unload go to the White Zone!"

Chacin vs Buehler worked pretty well the last time (4-0 MIL), but last time Kershaw wasn't the first guy in from the bullpen, which concerns me. I do still also like their chances tonight though overall.

Honestly, at this point, because they did win #6, if they lose it will personally sting me less than if they had lost yesterday, and based on their starting pitching potential for next year they will be every bit as good as both CHI & StL, so it'll be easier for me to swallow if they lose tonight. I do think re-signing one free agent (Moustakas) and letting one go (Schoop) is very important for them. Yelich & Cain are there for at least 2019 & 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Okay, if the Indians were in the WS, I'd do the same, too.
    Trust me, the Indians don't want you rooting for them.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post

Quote Originally Posted by DocProgger View Post
    Come on now, you know it's not over until that last bit o suds is drained from the keg. I've seen and attended enough of these over the years that anything really can happen in these bball postseasons.

.......Those Game 6's are so intense, but if you win that one, the winds usually go out of the sails of the other team if you've got the home field advantage.

Brewers could potentially use Hader for 3 IP if necessary? This might be the game where he finally gets to put his real imprint on this NLCS. Amazing that they have gotten to this point with Yelich being pretty quiet.

I'll be watching Kansas doing the POKR album tonight while the game is going on unfortunately, normally would always watch a Game 7. It should be interesting to see how Dodgers use Kershaw.
    Last edited by DocProgger; 10-20-2018 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by moecurlythanu View Post
    They need all the help they can get. 1948, right?

Dodgers!!!

Ugh. Dodgers vs. Red Sox. Yuck.

Sorry, Geez.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    Dodgers!!!
    Won tonight because the Brewers forgot how to hit and they didn't.

I'm disappointed, but not crushed or even surprised. They'll be right there next year. As a young lad I was a Dodger fan who saw all the legends play at Ebbets Field with my Dad, so I'm blue not red going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    Won tonight because the Brewers forgot how to hit and they didn't.

I'm disappointed, but not crushed or even surprised. They'll be right there next year. As a young lad I was a Dodger fan who saw all the legends play at Ebbets Field with my Dad, so I'm blue not red going forward.
    They won tonight because the Dodgers have better pitching and the knowledge of where to apply it.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    LOL Just found PETCO Park. Lucky Padres...

Ok, enough jocularity though, I'll let you guys get on with it...
    Petco is beautiful! Sat in the owners box to see Tony Gwynn Jr hit an inside the park homer a few years ago.

Back catching up on all the sports news after a night of imbibing...My condolences to the Brewers and their fans (sorry Geez). Been there many times (Twins 69,70 ALCS; Cards 1996, 2005, 2012, 2014 NLCSs among others). The Brewers made all the right moves the last few years vs my Cardinals, so that alone concerns me greatly for the future.

I am also concerned that Front Row Amy is now dating Marlins Man.

MLB tried taking a page out of NFL's handbook and it backfired right in their faces. Now you have two teams in the World Series that nobody likes except their own fan base. The only redeeming value would be to see what other rabbet All World Manny Hustle has up his sleeve. When he silenced the Milwaukee Boooooozers with a two strike bunt it was all downhill from there. That ranks up there with parting the Red Sea and the vaccine for polio.
    Last edited by Shadow; 10-21-2018 at 08:38 AM.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Ugh. Dodgers vs. Red Sox. Yuck.

Sorry, Geez.
    double gag.

I shall root for the Sox

Did Machado really grab his crotch for the crowd after that bunt single?