Thread: The War on Drugs (the band; not the policy)

The War on Drugs (the band; not the policy)

Have you ever admired the yearning feel and rich textures of 80s FM roots rock and just wished there was no gated reverb on the drums?

Have you ever listened to a new song and thought to yourself, "I wish this was more of a combination of 'Young Turks' and 'Touch of Grey', except a bit more mumbly"?

Really though, they are pretty good. And they just came out with their major label debut yesterday and it is going to be the most important album of the year for lots of people.

I don't own any albums, but really like what I have heard from these guys. They were on one of the late night talk shows last year and I enjoyed them there too.

Good driving music. They sound like Springsteen's stoned cousins.
    The Prog Corner

The bits I've heard of them are typical of current bands, even the good ones; they have ONE GREAT SONG and everything they do is slight variations on that perfect blueprint.

I have the Lost in a Dream album and it was superb. I'm looking forward to getting the new one.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart