Thread: Acquisition of catalogue by Cherry Red ----Chris Squire- Be-Bop Deluxe and more

Acquisition of catalogue by Cherry Red ----Chris Squire- Be-Bop Deluxe and more

Hi guys

heres my announcement on catalogue acquistion (purchase outright) from Warner Music ownership over to Cherry Red Records -- these are completed deals and in full knowledge and agreement with the arists/artists estates.

CHERRY RED ACQUIRE NEW CATALOGUE FROM WARNER MUSIC GROUP

Cherry Red are pleased to announce the purchase and representation of several artist catalogues and discographies from the Warner Music Group divestment deal. These include Howard Jones, Be-Bop Deluxe, Barclay James Harvest, Chris Squire and Curved Air plus pop artists such as Kim Wilde and Mel and Kim

Esoteric Recordings are delighted to announce that BJH, Be-Bop Deluxe, Chris Squire and Curved Air titles will be on the Esoteric Recordings imprint and a full scale reissue programme will go ahead , further news will follow shortly.
    Do feel free to share guys with friends and fans who may be interested.

Congrats, this is great news. Keep those gems in print!

Makes sense- I do know that Fish Out Of Water has been out of print for some time.

Good news, well done.

Fish out of Water & Sunburst Finnish in 5:1 please 😍

Congrats, Vicky!
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

very nice. is the chris squire catalog on warner essentially just fish out of water(maybe run with the fox too?)? chris squires swiss choir apparently came on on lime records not sure where that might lie.

Estimated Prophet notallwhowander's Avatar
    Nice! I am looking forward to this.
    Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world.

Will you be issuing the entire Howard Jones catalog?

Request - EXPANDED FISH OUT OF WATER - demos, how about Parallels which was written for FOOW????

As an aside, Olias Of Sunhillow and Song Of Seven also have been out of print for a few years...does this deal extend to those albums?

And don't forget the 5.1 mix of Fish Out Of Water that is already done! (but still unreleased)

Great news! Thanks for sharing, Vicky. Good to hear from you.

Great! Looking forward to grabbing some of those Curved Air titles!
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Be Bop Deluxe - After the well-mastered compilations 'Futurist Manifesto' and 'At The BBC' I find it difficult to see what music this will add to a BBD collector, other than the overlooked 'Live In The Air Age' and a few known rarities. Individually packaged BBD studio albums, expanded with real and new bonuses, and not just album plus BBC sessions, would be welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberian Cat View Post
    And don't forget the 5.1 mix of Fish Out Of Water that is already done! (but still unreleased)
    Come again??

Quote Originally Posted by Esoteric View Post
    pop artists such as Kim Wilde
    I always thought her version of You Keep Me Hanging On was terrible (I'm not sure which is worse, her recording or the Vanilla Fudge one), but I always dug Kids In America.

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    I always thought her version of You Keep Me Hanging On was terrible (I'm not sure which is worse, her recording or the Vanilla Fudge one), but I always dug Kids In America.
    The backing band on Kids in America is apparently The Enid (but not in the video!)

Quote Originally Posted by flytomars View Post
    Come again??
    Chris Squire himself talked about it in 2013 on the Yes official site! (last question)

Quote Originally Posted by revporl View Post
    The backing band on Kids in America is apparently The Enid (but not in the video!)
    Huh, I never knew that.

Chris Squire himself talked about it in 2013 on the Yes official site! (last question)
    Well then, autobuy!