Thread: Stanley Whitaker (Happy the Man) exclusive interview and music

Stanley Whitaker (Happy the Man) exclusive interview and music

Hello everyone

If you're a fan of Happy The Man, Oblivion Sun and/or Pedal Giant Animals then please join me for The Progressive Rock Show currently podcast on mixcloud.com

https://www.mixcloud.com/magmashark/...iew-and-music/

I had the pleasure of interviewing Stanley Whitaker on my latest episode of Cals Prog Rock Show. You will hear Stanley talk about his early days and influences
    and introduction to the prog rock world. He also talks in detail about the meeting between Happy The Man and Peter Gabriel back in the summer of 1976.
    You'll also find out about the circumstances leading to the Happy The Man reunion concerts and subsequent CD, as well as the current situation with the new Pedal Giant Animals CD.
    And of course great music and more!
    The show broadcasts live on CJLY - Kootenay Co-op Radio 93.5 from Nelson, BC. Also available live on the net and of course, via podcast.
    Enjoy!
    Cal

Very cool to see this here. Thanks!

Rick Kennell (bassist of HtM) posted this over on the TalkBass Forum.

People may or may not know he turned down PG twice, but what people probably don't know is on Steven Wilson's first tour, when his guitarist couldn't get his Visa straightened out, SW's management contacted Stan to audition for the tour. Stan thought it was too much, too quickly, as they needed someone in like a month's time. When I heard this from Stan I nearly fell on the floor....

Thanks a lot for the link. Always nice to hear Stan talk about his musical life.
    Stan with Steven Wilson? That would have been something!