Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Renaissance touring with chamber orchestra

Renaissance touring with chamber orchestra

I've only seen 2 dates so far but assume there will be more announced

Keswick, Glenside PA 10/27/17
    https://www.axs.com/events/336351/re.../promos/120791

The Egg, Albany NY 10/29/17

They also appear to be playing Town Hall in NYC.

For the Egg, the presale code is PROG - but you didn't hear it from me

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    What's with bands having such outdated info on their sites? They don't remove the old tour dates once they passed.

It's good Renaissance is playing Town Hall. I see there's a presale beginning Thursday but I have no idea what the code, if any, might be. Also wondering if they'll play the Tarrytown Music Hall.

BRE is pre sale code for Keswick....Tickets on sale this morning at 10

Quote Originally Posted by progman1975 View Post
    BRE is pre sale code for Keswick....Tickets on sale this morning at 10
    How'd you get a presale code? Their website doesn't mention a mailing list (though I feel like I used to be on one) and their Facebook page has no relevant posts.

Got an email from BRE presents....

😲 Tickets for Town Hall are on sale now for Amex Presale! Got 2nd row orchestra on the center aisle! I doubt they'll also mount this at the Tarrytown Music Hall but if they do I'll be kicking myself. Still, Town Hall is a nice venue.

Looks like they are playing the Ridgefield Playhouse too

Per Annie:As part of our 2017 Fall Tour we are planning four special concerts which will be at The Ridgefield Theater, Ridgefield CT, Keswick Theatre, Philadelphia PA, Town Hall NYC and The Egg in Albany NY, that will include a 10-piece chamber orchestra. One of these concerts will be filmed and recorded for a new live DVD.
    https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/r...-concert-dvd#/

^ Thanks for posting that! I'm in for the CD/DVD! I'll be at the NYC show so I hope they use that one, as long as no cameras are in my way.

Hmm, party at my house after The Egg show?
    $4000 USD
    Acoustic House Concert
    An intimate acoustic concert in your home with Annie Haslam, Rave Tesar, David J. Keyes and Frank Pagano. Will travel to the NY, NJ and Philadelphia area. If outside this area, travel costs and accommodations would be additional. Inquire for details Includes autographed limited edition DVD/2CD with your name in booklet credits.
    Items included:
    Acoustic Band House Concert
    Name in CD/DVD Booklet Credits
    Early Live Album Download
    Limited Edition Live DVD/CD
    Your Name On Web Site
    Band Autographs on DVD Booklet
    1 out of 3 claimed
    Estimated April 2018

Meanwhile, happy 70th birthday to Annie!

No idea she was that old. I'd thought she was six or eight years younger. The degree to which she's kept her voice is definitely impressive.

I will definitely purchase a DVD!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    What's with bands having such outdated info on their sites? They don't remove the old tour dates once they passed.
    The majority of band sites seem to keep up old dates, just for the sake of having a record of it, or some reason, or another. I find this useful at times. The new ones are at the top, so that is the important thing, isn't it?

neil

Quote Originally Posted by boilk View Post
    The majority of band sites seem to keep up old dates, just for the sake of having a record of it, or some reason, or another. I find this useful at times. The new ones are at the top, so that is the important thing, isn't it?

neil
    I think they weren't there when I posted that.

Boston show just announced, November 1 at the newly opened City Winery. Without orchestra I assume. (First time they've actually played in town or thereabouts since the Regent show with Steve Hackett maybe 10 years ago).

I remember vividly the last Kickstarter campaign where a DVD was promised but never delivered. I recall after posting it up somewhere I received an e-mail asking me to call a number to discuss why, no less than Annie picked up the phone at the other end and explained what with Michael's untimely death the project had stalled but would surely come to fruition sometime in the future, which to the best of my knowledge never did. I'll be sitting the current one out, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by BarryLI View Post
    I remember vividly the last Kickstarter campaign where a DVD was promised but never delivered. I recall after posting it up somewhere I received an e-mail asking me to call a number to discuss why, no less than Annie picked up the phone at the other end and explained what with Michael's untimely death the project had stalled but would surely come to fruition sometime in the future, which to the best of my knowledge never did. I'll be sitting the current one out, of course.
    If you mean Grandine il Vento, there was a DVD for that....Delayed a full year because of Michael Dunford's death, but they came through. You can probably contact the band if you didn't get yours.

Quote Originally Posted by bRETT View Post
    If you mean Grandine il Vento, there was a DVD for that....Delayed a full year because of Michael Dunford's death, but they came through. You can probably contact the band if you didn't get yours.
    You don't mean the Union Chapel DVD do you? If not, do you know if there's a title for the DVD?

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    You don't mean the Union Chapel DVD do you? If not, do you know if there's a title for the DVD?
    No, it isn't that. It just has the album art on it and is labelled "Bonus DVD." Haven't watched it in awhile but I believe it's mostly making-of footage, with intros that Annie and Michael taped together when he was there.

They were really nice to contributors on that project, even sending downloads of the two new songs after the album was reissued.

BarryLI: Yes, that DVD eventually was sent out to those who were eligible to receive it, (i.e.: they paid for it). I received mine with an explanatory letter (not that it was needed) as to the reason for the delay & with apologies. I've watched it once. Not essential to me. If you're interested...
    I've got a bike you can ride it if you like

Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    BarryLI: Yes, that DVD eventually was sent out to those who were eligible to receive it, (i.e.: they paid for it). I received mine with an explanatory letter (not that it was needed) as to the reason for the delay & with apologies. I've watched it once. Not essential to me. If you're interested...
    Guess I dropped out of the loop, then, complaint withdrawn.

The DVD has some nice insight into how an album is mixed.