Thread: Accordo dei Contrari_Violato Intatto_full new album streaming preview

Accordo dei Contrari_Violato Intatto_full new album streaming preview

Dear All,
    A streaming preview of our last album "Violato Intatto" - that will be officially released on May 5th - is available on HamelinProg until Monday, May 8th.
    Don't miss the opportunity: join us for the weekend!

http://www.hamelinprog.com/violato-i...-dei-contrari/

Quote Originally Posted by Accordo dei Contrari View Post
    A streaming preview of our last album
    Hey, a quick question... when you say our "last" album, do you mean your "most recent" album, or do you mean that this will be Accordo dei Contrari's last album?

I'm very much hoping the former as I'm a big fan of the band and hope you have plans to do more. Just wanted to clarify.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Sputnik View Post
    Hey, a quick question... when you say our "last" album, do you mean your "most recent" album, or do you mean that this will be Accordo dei Contrari's last album?

I'm very much hoping the former as I'm a big fan of the band and hope you have plans to do more. Just wanted to clarify.

Bill
    Dear Bill, I mean the "most recent" album :-)) Indeed I have been composing in the last weeks much stuff for a fifth album Thank you very much for your appreciation!!

Dear Bill, I mean the "most recent" album :-)) Indeed I have been composing in the last weeks much stuff for a fifth album Thank you very much for your appreciation!!
    Wonderful, thanks for setting us straight, great news! I'm really looking forward to the new album, and will get it the minute it hits the US vendor sites. Hope it does really well for you!

Bill

Auto-Buy
    G.A.S -aholic

Hey, will this be available on bandcamp, or some other site for download? Looking forward to it!

neil

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Listened to it last night, its very good, I will be buying.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.
    I'm one of the 212.

Smashing. Already checked Laser Edge's website for the availability. Hopefully, it will arrive soon.

Whenever a French or Italian person (& this is probably true in other languages) uses the word "last", there is always a chance that he actually means "latest", because there are no distinct words to convey the difference in meaning. In French, it's "dernier". Whether it means "last" or "latest" can only be guessed from the context.
    Calyx (Canterbury Scene) - http://www.calyx-canterbury.fr
    Legends In Their Own Lunchtime (blog) - https://canterburyscene.wordpress.com/
    My latest books : "Yes" (2017) - https://lemotetlereste.com/musiques/yes/ + "L'Ecole de Canterbury" (2016) - http://lemotetlereste.com/musiques/lecoledecanterbury/ + "King Crimson" (2012/updated 2018) - http://lemotetlereste.com/musiques/kingcrimson/
    Canterbury & prog interviews - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdf...IUPxUMA/videos

A band that I need to investigate for sure since Bill has such high praise for them. I've never used or even looked into bandcamp. Always sounded so cheesy and I hate downloading music. But I'll give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Fracktured View Post
    A band that I need to investigate for sure since Bill has such high praise for them. I've never used or even looked into bandcamp. Always sounded so cheesy and I hate downloading music. But I'll give it a try.
    I hear you, but for me, the cost of obtaining CDs has skyrocketed. In Canada, by the time that the money exchange and increasingly expensive postage rates are applied, to get a Cd in Canada can routinely cost over $30. $10, or so downloads, have been a godsend.

Speaking of bandcamp, the first three ADC releases are on there, but not the new one. Does anyone know where/if the new one is available for download?

neil
    Last edited by boilk; 05-07-2017 at 01:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by boilk View Post
    I hear you, but for me, the cost of obtaining CDs has skyrocketed. In Canada, by the time that the money exchange and increasingly expensive postage rates are applied, to get a Cd in Canada can routinely cost over $30. $10, or so downloads, have been a godsend.

Speaking of bandcamp, the first three ADC releases are on there, but not the new one. Does anyone know where/if the new one is available for download?

neil

neil
    Dear Neil, the new album will be soon at our Bandcamp (both mp3 and flac versions), and also at other web sites managed by our distributors. Soon we'll post information about!

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Bandcamp is currently my first call for music given my wife's aversion to me buying more "one play then store" CDs. I don't think it's officially released yet. I'll get it as soon as its up.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.
    I'm one of the 212.

Dear Neil, the new album will be soon at our Bandcamp (both mp3 and flac versions), and also at other web sites managed by our distributors. Soon we'll post information about!
    Awesome! So excited to hear it. The first three are all excellent!! Great riffs, compositions, warm, unhurried feel to the songs....so much of the stuff that I like, in music.

neil

A band that I need to investigate for sure since Bill has such high praise for them.

Given what I know of your tastes, which I think are often very close to mine, I genuinely think you'd like AdC. I like all their stuff, but I think my favorite remains their debut, which sadly seem to be OOP.

I've never used or even looked into bandcamp. Always sounded so cheesy and I hate downloading music. But I'll give it a try.
    I think it's a great place to sample stuff and I use it for that, as well as Youtube. But I don't buy downloads, I stick with the CDs... I'm going down with that ship. I can see why some would buy downloads, and I'm fine with that, I just like to have the physical copy, and the bands that interest me are still doing CD runs.

Bill

Given what I know of your tastes, which I think are often very close to mine, I genuinely think you'd like AdC. I like all their stuff, but I think my favorite remains their debut, which sadly seem to be OOP.
    Dear Bill, indeed we are planning a second edition of Kinesis... finally :-))

Dear Bill, indeed we are planning a second edition of Kinesis... finally :-))
    Great to hear! Any bonus material on the reissue?

Bill

Great to hear! Any bonus material on the reissue?

Bill
    It is possible - details are still to be decided.

It is possible - details are still to be decided.
    Cool, keep us posted!

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by calyx View Post
    Whenever a French or Italian person (& this is probably true in other languages) uses the word "last", there is always a chance that he actually means "latest", because there are no distinct words to convey the difference in meaning. In French, it's "dernier". Whether it means "last" or "latest" can only be guessed from the context.
    As well as us spanish-speaking people!.
    Thanks for the observation Calyx!.
    Pura Vida!.

There are two kinds of music. Good music, and the other kind. ∞
    Duke Ellington.

Thanks Giovanni!.
    Great news!.

"Kinesis" (2007),"Kublai" (2011) and "AdC" (2014) are excellent pieces of music ... Accordo is a "favorite" of the house!.
    Congratulations and thanks for this new proposal!.

Really enjoying it!

Pura Vida!!.
    Pura Vida!.

Duke Ellington.

I have nothing against download - indeed it can be quite practical. Still, the digipack does its part! :-))

N.B. Light doesn't do justice...

IMG_2159.jpg

... Still, the digipack does its part! :-))

N.B. Light doesn't do justice...

IMG_2159.jpg
    Pura Vida!.

Duke Ellington.

It's here if you want it [and it's also here, even if you don't want it]
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

I've been giving this beauty steady spins, and it is a grower, and then some. While listening it becomes so easy to get lost in a sea of hypnotizing, incredible riffs, one after the other. Some people say 70+ minutes is too long for a Cd, but I say, when the music is this good, the more the better.

neil