Thread: "Onward" cover

"Onward" cover

I recently watched the movie "Youth" (2015, dir. Paolo Sorrentino) and was gladly surprised to see that a beautiful acoustic cover of "Onward" is heavily featured in the film. Coincidentally, Chris Squire had recently passed away when I watched the movie, so I was very moved. Only a minor complaint: the ending credits were so small that you could barely read them. I didn't investigate who the performer is, neither if Sorrentino is a fan. By the way, the movie is a gorgeous piece of art.
    Last edited by Frankk; 04-25-2017 at 04:15 PM. Reason: Error

Very strange that this song is not mentioned in the music credits on either Wikipedia or IMDb. Or Allmusic. Or anywhere. I find no mention of it anywhere. Weird.

Bill

Sorry! It's "Youth" (2015). I'm going to fix the original post. Thanks.

Whew, thought I was going crazy!

Onward is credited to Mark Kozelek for the film. I don't have speakers at work, but I'll check this out when I'm home. I've seen the trailer for this film, but it's not in my Netflix queue. The God of Netflix only gives it three stars for me, which is odd because I think the sun rises and sets on Michael Caine. I'm adding it now, but likely won't see it for a while, because I have 60 films in my Netflix queue.

Bill