Thread: Seaorm - Olkhon , new CD with October Equus and Vespero members.

Seaorm - Olkhon , new CD with October Equus and Vespero members.

Hello friends, I am the guitarist of the avant-prog band October Equus and also I have done several collaborations with the russian space-rock band Vespero in the last few years.

After our Ángel Ontalva & Vespero CDs "Carta Marina" and "Sada", I have created a new group called Seaorm with Ark and Ivan Fedotov, Vespero's bassist and drummer. This power trio follows the paths of our collaborations in Vespero with a more exploratory and electronic approach.
    We have recorded an album called "Olkhon", inspired in the biggest island of the Baikal Lake, in the center of Siberia, famous for its shamanic traditions and its amazing beauty and powerful energy. I wrote the core of the music in this album after my own experiences at the lake and I presented the music on two solo concerts in Irkutsk in March, that turned out to be the last I did before the pandemic forced to close the borders of the countries, so this is a very special album for me.

So, we are very proud of our first Seaorm album, and I would be very glad if you want to take a look. I have received the CDs from the factory this morning, so they are already available, and also Wayside will have copies for sale in the USA and Disk Union in Japan.

https://octoberxart.bandcamp.com/alb...al-cd-digipack

or in my personal website:

https://angelontalva.com/album/1807996/olkhon

Happy holidays and new year!

Ángel

SEAORM OLKHON PORTADA.jpg

Hey Ángel

Love the groove with this band. Ivan is such a great drummer!

I got the CD of course. And I'm gonna embed the BC page so people can hear this easily:

Best,

Simon
    “your ognna pay pay with my wrath of ballbat”

Bandcamp Profile

Thanks Simon! I'm very happy of this trio, Ivan is an amazing drummer and Arkady is great too, both super creative and powerful musicians.

Here is a bit of us live with the guys in Moscow:

Bought. I'm gonna slip next to my wife soon and get a first taste with earphones.

Bought the download from Bandcamp. Will listen first thing tomorrow.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Bought the digital version, listening to it now. It's great, your guitar soloing is excellent!

Your cover art is so good. It really made an immediate impression on me - it has so much movement.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Bought the digital version, listening to it now. It's great, your guitar soloing is excellent!

Your cover art is so good. It really made an immediate impression on me - it has so much movement.
    Thanks guys, hope you enjoy it. And thanks JKL2000, actually I delayed the release of this album for doing my best with the cover, that tries to reflects the Olkhon Island's atmosphere.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Will check it out.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Seaorm pre-released a second album on Bandcamp a while ago, and now Angel has posted a second update to those on the Bandcamp mailing list, about CDs which have just arrived. I didn't want interested folks to miss it:

Exactly one year ago we received the copies of Seaorm's first album, "Olkhon", and we just received the CDs of our second album, called "Forgotten Shrines". The original trio of Ark and Iván Fedotov plus myself becomes a quartet with the addition of Víctor Rodríguez, who contributes his characteristic keyboards and a color that brings the sound of the album closer to what could be a hybrid of Vespero and October Equus.
    The album has been pressed in Russia, which is where I am now, and we will start sending CDs from the 17th January, which is when I return home to Spain.
    You can order it here sending 16,50€ (shipping include) to our PayPal account octoberxart@gmail.com , or from our bandcamp website https://octoberxart.bandcamp.com/alb...al-cd-digifile , where it is also available as a digital download.
    Thanks for your support,
    Have a great New Year!

Ángel Ontalva

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    ^ Oh good. In looking over my list of albums from 2020, I saw a Seaorm album in there but couldn't find any evidence of its existence on the internets. Glad to see it wasn't a hallucination/wishing on my part.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Autobuy for me. This is fucking great.

Prog dweebs (if there are any on this site, which I doubt) will perhaps be stoked to learn that this platter includes a side-long trip that is of the utmost grooviness.

Embed for the curious:

“your ognna pay pay with my wrath of ballbat”

Bandcamp Profile