Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lynda Carter - Rock n Roll Fantasy

Lynda Carter - Rock n Roll Fantasy

What has been seen cannot be unseen. And believe me, you have to stick it out, get past those first two segments of the medley to get to the KISS portion. I had not seen anyone rock this unconvincingly in the late 70s since the heyday of Donny and Marie. This makes Marie look like Chrissie Hynde.

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    That was unfortunate.
    We're trying to build a monument to show that we were here
    It won't be visible through the air
    And there won't be any shade to cool the monument to prove that we were here. - Gene Parsons, 1973

After watching that, it took me at least 10 minutes before I decided not to rescind my previous spring/summer invite!

Her tits in the Kiss segment saved your ass.

"My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    Her tits in the Kiss segment saved your ass.
    Sig-worthy.

My feelings about this are captured by the moment where the giant banana peel flops open.
    <sig out of order>

That was an 'interesting' 3 choices. Seems like no one person is likely to like all three of those purloined acts.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    It's funny how some things that are meant to be sexy are actually nauseating.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    It's funny how some things that are meant to be sexy are actually nauseating.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Seeing the thread title, and seeing that it was Lynda Carter, my boyhood fantasy, I thought, "c'mon, it can't be that bad."

It was worse than that bad. Good God, that was awful.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

I admit that the first time I quit about thirty seconds in. Then it occurred to me, "what if it gets worse"? I had to know. The T&A factor, especially as Geezer noted in the KISS segment, gives it some redemption but then comes the Bette Midler shtick and that's a whole 'nother level of horrible. It took an admirable amount of late 70s/early 80s cocaine to conceive something this clueless, this wretched. My hats off to all who were involved in the creation of this; I hope you all made it to rehab.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Didn't she shill for a mail order contact lens company, then marry some wealthy guy?

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Dear God.

I wanna see it but it won't play on my phone.

As penance there's always this. I just love Gal Godot and that slide in the second trailer, right around 1:19 -

There may be "so bad it's funny," and even "so bad it's good," but there's also "so bad it's just plain BAD".
    I couldn't stand more than a few seconds.

Interesting factoid: I once knew - very slightly - a professional hired-gun guitarist who had played in her Vegas show many years ago. He said that she ran the amps and monitors at a stage volume which out-blasted most metal bands.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    I had not seen anyone rock this unconvincingly in the late 70s since the heyday of Donny and Marie.
    For the record, Donny and his brothers, actually made a couple decent rock oriented records. One was called Crazy Horses, and the other was their Mormon concept album, The Plan. They also had a couple good rock oriented on their othe records. In particular, there's a song on the Brainstorm album (I think it's Brainstorm) called Gotta Get Love, if someone played that played that for you, cold without telling you who it is, you'd never in a million years guess it was Donny, Alan, Merrill, Wayne, and Jay.

And from what I gather, they actually played their own instruments on those records, too, other than the "sweetener" (ya know, strings, horns, that sort of stuff).

Gal Gadot makes us Jews proud. She's kinda the other side of the Kardashian scales of....

Man, she even looked sizzling in her Israeli Army uniform in a photo I saw.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Lots of disturbing things there, perhaps none more so for me than a googly eyed ape giving a handjob.

Gal Gadot makes us Jews proud. She's kinda the other side of the Kardashian scales of....

Military women are hot. There's something compelling about a woman who could almost certainly not just kick your ass, probably kill you a 100 different ways before your body hits the ground.

High art.

Wow, I've never heard of her and didn't know they'd made Wonder Woman movies, but she's gorgeous. I just did a little Googling.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    What has been seen cannot be unseen. And believe me, you have to stick it out, get past those first two segments of the medley to get to the KISS portion. I had not seen anyone rock this unconvincingly in the late 70s since the heyday of Donny and Marie. This makes Marie look like Chrissie Hynde.
    I’m just going to leave this right here. And may the Maker have mercy on your soul:

Confirmed Bachelors: the dramedy hit of 1883...

Godot was the best thing in the dreary Batman v Superman movie. The two title characters were just way too grim. Wonder Women seemed to relish the fight, throwing herself into the fray with this wicked grin.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I just did a little Googling.
    You know how to use Google?
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    You know how to use Google?
    Actually I used AOLSEARCH.