Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Big Big Train: Grimspound up for preorder

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roth View Post
    Really good interview with Greg Spawton and David Longdon. This interview really digs into Grimspound including some topics bandied about in this thread:

http://stereoembersmagazine.com/expe...big-big-train/
    Three songs set aside. Wonder when we'll hear those.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    Three songs set aside. Wonder when we'll hear those.
    When they reissue Folklore together with Grimspound in an expanded, rearranged edition.

I kid, I kid!

Ouch but at least it will get folk talking, on the various fan pages, about these '5 star' albums again. A week after release of each album and the talk was all back to Genesis again

Quote Originally Posted by Toothyspook View Post
    Ouch but at least it will get folk talking, on the various fan pages, about these '5 star' albums again. A week after release of each album and the talk was all back to Genesis again
    ...What?

And now Second Brightest Star is up for preorder:
    https://burningshed.com/index.php?_r...e/bigbigtrain/

A companion album to Grimspound, The Second Brightest Star features 40 minutes of brand new songs and instrumentals.

Alongside these new tracks, the CD contains an additional 30 minutes of music presenting songs from Folklore (2016) and Grimspound (2017) in extended arrangements.
    1. The Second Brightest Star
    2. Haymaking
    3. Skylon
    4. London Stone
    5. The Passing Widow
    6. The Leaden Stour
    7. Terra Australis Incognita

Grimlore:

Brooklands sequence
    8. (i) On The Racing Line
    9. (ii) Brooklands

London Plane sequence
    10. (i) Turner On The Thames
    11. (ii) London Plane

12. The Gentlemen's Reprise

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post

Alongside these new tracks, the CD contains an additional 30 minutes of music presenting songs from Folklore (2016) and Grimspound (2017) in extended arrangements.
    1. The Second Brightest Star

Bassist Greg Spawton exclusively tells Prog: “The Second Brightest Star is the last album in a cycle of releases which started back in 2009 with The Underfall Yard album.

“Our writing over this period has focused on the English landscape, the people that work on the land and their folklore stories.

“We'll be moving on to different landscapes and subjects with our music in future years as we play more shows outside of England. But we had a few more stories left to tell and wanted to bring them together on The Second Brightest Star.”

Well dang... I'm still getting acquainted with Folklore and Grimspound .

Will surely be picking this one up at some point as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Roth View Post

Bassist Greg Spawton exclusively tells Prog: “The Second Brightest Star is the last album in a cycle of releases which started back in 2009 with The Underfall Yard album.

“Our writing over this period has focused on the English landscape, the people that work on the land and their folklore stories.

“We'll be moving on to different landscapes and subjects with our music in future years as we play more shows outside of England. But we had a few more stories left to tell and wanted to bring them together on The Second Brightest Star.”
    I'm really happy about that. BBT is one of my favorite bands, but much of the music and themes have felt tired and overdone since Wassail.

Edit: I liked this The Second Brightest Star track. Though the use of "hedgerow" at the end is one of those overdone lyrics I was speaking of. It just stands out and takes me out of the music. I think I like, though, the lyrical homage at the end to The Wide Open Sea.
    Last edited by Le Master; 06-21-2017 at 02:45 PM.

I heard BBT is going to start using the word Shrubbery for those who complain about Hedgerow.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I heard BBT is going to start using the word Shrubbery for those who complain about Hedgerow.
    I'd be even more impressed if they incorporated "Roger the Shrubber" into the lyrics.
    <sig out of order>

1000 piece puzzle?
    http://themerchdesk.com/merchdesk/in...product_id=689

The artwork is nice and looks like it would make a fun and challenging puzzle (I can easily imagine myself getting lost for days in completing the gorgeous hedgerow--er, I mean shrubbery--there). I think I'm in.

Do any us vendors have this in yet?
    Will physical CDs be available via Bandcamp?