Thread: Hiromi winding down Trio Project?

Hiromi winding down Trio Project?

I just noticed Hiromi's Trio Project show in Chicago the description has changed removing Anthony Jackson on bass, to feature Hadrien Feraud on bass. Still with Simon on drums, but it seems Hadrien has been filling the bass role since December.

Then 2 dates after Chicago no more Trio shows are listed. Instead Hiromi is touring several months with Harp virtuoso Edmar Castaneda.

Not sure what the harp shows will sound like or if I'll like it, but I'm kind of glad she's moving away from the Trio Project as I think it's run it's course. Last years show was my least favorite of the many times I've seen her, as was her album Spark.

Hmm....Hope not. The Trio stuff is my fave among her works.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

I'm not sure what happened but he's been out of the lineup since July due to a medical emergency
    i.ain't.dead.irock

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Hmm....Hope not. The Trio stuff is my fave among her works.
    I preferred the Sonic Bloom project...
    Dave Sr.

I prefer Nature to Human Nature

Quote Originally Posted by adap2it View Post
    I preferred the Sonic Bloom project...
    Me as well. Her first 5 albums all had a different flavor to them, and were pretty experimental. Then she did 4 albums with the Trio Project that all sounded the same. It wore out it's welcome after the 2nd one, for me. Same formula on each one, though I do enjoy MOVE quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Man In The Mountain View Post
    Me as well. Her first 5 albums all had a different flavor to them, and were pretty experimental. Then she did 4 albums with the Trio Project that all sounded the same. It wore out it's welcome after the 2nd one, for me. Same formula on each one, though I do enjoy MOVE quite a bit.
    I wish she would have stayed with Tony and Martin but I doubt she'll ever be grounded long enough for anything to stick to her
    i.ain't.dead.irock

I just noticed Hiromi's Trio Project show in Chicago the description has changed removing Anthony Jackson on bass, to feature Hadrien Feraud on bass. Still with Simon on drums, but it seems Hadrien has been filling the bass role since December.
    Not to derail this thread, but this makes sense for the Chicago show. Hadrien has been playing with pianist Greg Spero (Halsey) in Chicago with a band called Polyrhythmic that includes drummer Mike Mitchell (Stanley Clarke). If you like piano driven fusion with lots of room for stretching out....

The Fuze (David Fluczynski), former guitarist for Hiromi's Sonic Bloom, has now teased TWICE on Facebook that Hiromi may be joining his band (Screaming Headless Torsos) as "Hiromi Headless Torsos." He's said no more than put out a band name like this, but he's done it twice now within a couple weeks.

hiromi.jpg

It's official "Screaming Headless Torsos, featuring HIROMI".

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Will be interested to check this out.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Definitely.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Then 2 dates after Chicago no more Trio shows are listed. Instead Hiromi is touring several months with Harp virtuoso Edmar Castaneda.

Not sure what the harp shows will sound like or if I'll like it, but I'm kind of glad she's moving away from the Trio Project as I think it's run it's course. Last years show was my least favorite of the many times I've seen her, as was her album Spark.
    I saw the harp duo last month in NY and it was great. There are clips on Youtube of the shows at the Blue Note.