Thread: Jeff Beck - Live in Tokyo on AXSTV

Jeff Beck - Live in Tokyo on AXSTV

Wow! Has anyone else seen this 2014 concert? Jeff will be 73 this June and he's playing better than ever. Great show with his new band. Not sure I love the replacement of the keyboard with a second guitarist, who is mainly a colorist who gets a blazing acoustic feature, but the show is great! Catch this on AXS if you can! The next showing appears to be on 3/6 @230 AM EST.
    Last edited by Guitarplyrjvb; 02-23-2017 at 12:31 PM.

It's available on Blu ray btw.

I thoroughly enjoyed this. It's been out on DVD for a while now. Recommended!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sean View Post
    I thoroughly enjoyed this. It's been out on DVD for a while now. Recommended!!
    compared to Ronnie Scott's?

Quote Originally Posted by Proghound View Post
    Ronnie Scott's is amazing.. Hard to top that

The main difference -aside from members of the band- is that Ronnie Scott's had a intimate club setting, and Live in Tokyo is on a big stage. My all time favorite, thought, is another Live in Tokyo: the one recorded for japanese TV with the band that included Jenniffer Batten in 1999 shortly after Jeff came back with his Who Else album. It's also a two guitar lineup, but Batten is given much more space to solo and shine. And its much rockier and uptempo than the others.

Last edited by yoyiceu; 02-23-2017 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Proghound View Post
    With Vinnie Colaiuta, Tal Wilkenfeld,... the best band he ever had, it can't be outperformed. And I really miss the keyboard player.

^^ I don't like it as much as Ronnie Scott's but it's got stuff that isn't on that DVD. Set up the DVR! It's still great!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Krautman View Post
    With Vinnie Colaiuta, Tal Wilkenfeld,... the best band he ever had, it can't be outperformed. And I really miss the keyboard player.
    I was lucky enough to see this lineup once at the Royal Albert Hall, when Dave Gilmour joined for encores, what a special gig that was.

Great band and Ronnie Scott's is one of my favourite DVDs. I don't revisit many, but this one gets a lot of play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Any mention of best band ever has to include one of the lineups on Wired:

Jeff Beck: Guitar
    Jan Hammer: Keyboards, Drums

I read in a recent interview that Jeff chopped off the top of his left index finger while preparing veggies in 2010 and had it reattached. Man, it doesn't appear to have affected him in the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Krautman View Post
    *sigh*