Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Are the days of exploring 70s releases over?

Exploring music from the 1970s and '80s — the 15-some-odd years that I've termed the Maximal Trilustrum (TriMax) — will never be over for me, even if the number of things from that era that I've yet to hear or even learn about grows smaller. With tens of thousands of albums worked through between the dawn of the 1970s and the mid 1980s, I have more than enough to listen to from that illustrious timeframe for as long as I live. Furthermore, I have hundreds of titles that I've yet to work through and add to the lists for each of those years.

The TriMax musical well will never be exhausted for those in the know, and it will continue to find new listeners as long as the vast riches from those years are promoted and compiled in an accessible manner for younger audiences. TriMax remains relevant because it marked the global pinnacle of innovation, hybridization and virtuosity at the most critical juncture in the history of recorded music — the years in which pre-rock classical sensibilities melded with the unprecedented technological advances of the late 20th century. By contrast, the innovation and breadth of post-TriMax music has been minuscule in comparison.

No the days are not over, I just found this (you may know it, I didn't)

Laurence Vanay is the pseudonym for Jacqueline Thibault, wife of music producer and musician Laurent Thibault (Magma).

her next album

my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Listening right now - quite interesting too. She has definetely been under my radar.

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    her next album

^ I only learned about Laurence Vanay when these were reissued 2-3 years ago. Galaxies is probably the most beautiful mini-LP package I own (in addition to containing very good music). I think making the package attractive is a nice way to get the interest of retro fans and collectors. I hope these reissues have done well.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeuhlmate View Post
    No the days are not over, I just found this (you may know it, I didn't)

Laurence Vanay is the pseudonym for Jacqueline Thibault, wife of music producer and musician Laurent Thibault (Magma).

Great find...enjoying it right now.

best
    Michael
    If it ain't acousmatique-It's crap

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    her next album

Great find! Makes my day when you find something really good from someone I never heard of before. Thanks!

"Evening Colours" is currently on sale for $10 at Wayside. For everyone interested in exploring more, there two other albums that were recently remastered and issues on CD: "Les Soleils de la Vie" and "Le Petite Fenetre".