Page 101 of 186 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 4639

Thread: Cardiacs--where to start?

I'll get the details to everyone as we organize everything. We need to work out where and how we'll do the ordering (print, shirt, maybe even canvas') - UK and state-side issues. I would like to minimize the costs to everyone who gets in on this - so we can give as much money to Tim as possible. I've seen most of the interest is in the UK so we'll see. I'm excited!! I got this in my email yesterday... talk about HOLY CRAP!

13147291_10209838936156824_1559105090888731081_o.jpg

^ Ha - that's great

That doesn't surprise me that the UK would be the biggest hub, I just thought maybe the consultant would let you have a few to sell on your own!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would go for a print and maybe also an Xl tshirt.

Shipment just across the pond to that tiny cheesecountry.

Quote Originally Posted by Phlakaton View Post
    I'll get the details to everyone as we organize everything. We need to work out where and how we'll do the ordering (print, shirt, maybe even canvas') - UK and state-side issues. I would like to minimize the costs to everyone who gets in on this - so we can give as much money to Tim as possible. I've seen most of the interest is in the UK so we'll see. I'm excited!! I got this in my email yesterday... talk about HOLY CRAP!

13147291_10209838936156824_1559105090888731081_o.jpg
    That's really cool, man!

I'd buy a shirt.

How about "The Leader of the Starry Skies" on the back?

or

"Dirty Boy"

Eric - once again, that artwork is really, really, really, really pretty fuckin amazing and I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    Eric - once again, that artwork is really, really, really, really pretty fuckin amazing and I love it.
    Thank you very much, Chalkpie! I think you'll dig the next one.

I'm in for an XL shirt.
    "please do not understand me too quickly"-andre gide

When did you discover these guys, Eric? Or at least have your epiphany? Like a month ago? And now you're creating beautiful fanart and making connections with the ABC.

This is the sort of thing this band does to ya.

Quote Originally Posted by zombywoof View Post
    When did you discover these guys, Eric? Or at least have your epiphany? Like a month ago? And now you're creating beautiful fanart and making connections with the ABC.

This is the sort of thing this band does to ya.
    I started down the rabbit hole in 2013 when I first came here... and it took a few false starts but by August I was a rabid fan. Guns made it happen. I knew I liked it - but the singing was the problem - now the singing is a HUGE part of the music for me. Yes... I'm now on a mission to help Tim because I've never had a band effect me this much in such a short time. Its really incredible when I think about - how the hell did I ever miss them before this????? I mean really. HOW? Boggles my mind not one friend of mine knew and until I came here - I didnt know what I had been missing all this time.

I started down the rabbit hole in 2013 when I first came here... and it took a few false starts but by August I was a rabid fan. Guns made it happen. I knew I liked it - but the singing was the problem - now the singing is a HUGE part of the music for me. Yes... I'm now on a mission to help Tim because I've never had a band effect me this much in such a short time. Its really incredible when I think about - how the hell did I ever miss them before this????? I mean really. HOW? Boggles my mind not one friend of mine knew and until I came here - I didnt know what I had been missing all this time.
    OK, if you say so, but I fail to see the connection...However, in the spirit of keeping this thread active, I'd like to add that after my Cardiacs experience, I was eager for more. My first trip to Progday in '97 I found many vendors there that carried MY kind of music. I checked with all of them and there were no Cardiacs to be found, in fact, no one had heard of them. Outside of the UK, they were virtually unknown and subsequently Cardiacs output was unavailable on this side of the pond.

I wrote this back in Feb...my point being that most of the PROG vendors were at Progday in '97 and no Cardiacs CD's to be found. It's no wonder that they remained under the radar for so long. Unfortunately, they still are on this side of the pond...Alan Benjamin from Advent was one of the early fans, he would wear Cardiacs T's on stage occasionally. I believe that we all (members of OR) discovered them from Laura, a Cardiacs groupie that was on the list in the mid 90's
    Dave Sr.

I prefer Nature to Human Nature

Quote Originally Posted by adap2it View Post
    OK, if you say so, but I fail to see the connection...However, in the spirit of keeping this thread active, I'd like to add that after my Cardiacs experience, I was eager for more. My first trip to Progday in '97 I found many vendors there that carried MY kind of music. I checked with all of them and there were no Cardiacs to be found, in fact, no one had heard of them. Outside of the UK, they were virtually unknown and subsequently Cardiacs output was unavailable on this side of the pond.

I wrote this back in Feb...my point being that most of the PROG vendors were at Progday in '97 and no Cardiacs CD's to be found. It's no wonder that they remained under the radar for so long. Unfortunately, they still are on this side of the pond...Alan Benjamin from Advent was one of the early fans, he would wear Cardiacs T's on stage occasionally. I believe that we all (members of OR) discovered them from Laura, a Cardiacs groupie that was on the list in the mid 90's
    Huh? What connection? If I say so? What? So did I kill the thread somehow? haha.

Huh? What connection? If I say so? What? So did I kill the thread somehow? haha.
    No, not at all...I just copied and pasted a response I made in Feb and did it incorrectly. The second paragraph is what I wrote today. Sometimes it is puzzling that music you love is out of reach for some reason. However, you would agree that it's better late than never...
    Dave Sr.

No, not at all...I just copied and pasted a response I made in Feb and did it incorrectly. The second paragraph is what I wrote today. Sometimes it is puzzling that music you love is out of reach for some reason. However, you would agree that it's better late than never...
    Ha. No worries. Yeah man... absolutely better late then never.

Thank you very much, Chalkpie! I think you'll dig the next one.
    Good chance me thinks

short sleeved XXL shirt please sir and a print please sir.

I'd do a shirt.

Dave Sr.

Nice little ditty. Great large scale image on that article too.

As I said in previous posts, my first helping of Cardiacs was The Sampler back in '96 and it got off to a rocky start...I recall being horrified when Tim opened Tarred & Feathered with "Jim's too fat and is going to die probably". I had no idea at the time that Jim was Tim's brother and it was "all in good fun"
    Dave Sr.

New Kavus article... with a section for Cardiacs (but you should really read it all) http://thequietus.com/articles/20188...orld-interview

In the early 2000s, [Cardiacs guitarist] Jon Poole was busy doing Wildhearts and Tim had the idea of doing the early stuff that was really badly recorded and do three gigs where we played all that material - about 36 songs. Tim asked if I’d like to stand in. There was so much stuff to learn - 36 songs in three months. As proof of this guy’s song writing genius, this is material he was writing when he was 16. The structures and the chords and everything, are so much better than the stuff he was influenced by. It wasn’t until after the 2007 tour, which as we know turned out to be the last one, that we started working on new stuff, which is what became LSD.

It was an extraordinarily interesting and brilliant time for me because we’d already talked a great deal about what the plan was for the next few years for Cardiacs. We were going to make a film. Tim and I were planning out loads of treatments and scripts. Tim wanted to share the burden of Cardiacs a bit with someone and I was more than happy to do that. The way things stand, the album is nearly done but needs vocals and eyebrows and some of them need a few other touches. What there is does sound great but there’s far more stuff completed that hasn’t come out yet, that needs to come out. Tim is a perfectionist, and rightly so. Because his melodies make so much sense of everything, it would be ridiculous to put out these recordings, as exciting as they are, without the melodies. We have talked about people who Tim would approve of adding vocals, under his direction. I think Tim just wants to be well enough to really be producing it. I think his big drive at the moment is to finish off things that were started. There are a lot of loose ends that need tying up.

Look what crawled out of the pond... Babba! Jim next.

Bob_01.jpg

Look what crawled out of the pond... Babba! Jim next.

Bob_01.jpg
    Nice! I had no idea you had this kind of talent up your sleeve.

Can't wait to see the next one.

Been listening to the Day Is Gone EP a lot today (just got it!), and currently playing Joining The Plankton pretty much on repeat.

It dawned on me that another artist I've been listening to might appeal to Cardiacs fans -- Lemon Demon.

The album Spirit Phone is high-energy wonky pop with a strong 80s undercurrent, and it's full of great hooks and catchy tunes, replete with that stop-on-a-dime precision that Cardiacs are so adept at. It even has some pretty bizarre (and entertaining) lyrics.

https://lemondemon.bandcamp.com/album/spirit-phone

Another band worth mentioning is the Manchester group Mothertongue. adap2it started a thread about them, so I was beaten to the punch. There's definitely a bit of Cardiacs in their DNA.

https://mothertonguemusic.bandcamp.com/album/unsongs