Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Yes to record another album

100+ page thread starts... NOW!

The eons are closing
    So the first comment at the article's site was essentially "Bring back Jon"
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Dinosaurs roam the earth. Mountains come out of the sky... and they stand there.

And even the possibility of a second Squackett album? Good news on all fronts (Yes, Squackett, Jon) - IF they all come to pass.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

I am not a fan of Fly from Here, but I welcome another Yes album.

I'd really welcome another Squackett album. Surprisingly dug that one.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulrus View Post
    100+ page thread starts... NOW!
    Well, I'm getting my comment in on the first page, to beat the rush!

Uhh, except that I don't have any comment...
    You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar

Grumpy Old Men
    We're trying to build a monument to show that we were here
    It won't be visible through the air
    And there won't be any shade to cool the monument to prove that we were here. - Gene Parsons, 1973

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    I am not a fan of Fly from Here, but I welcome another Yes album.

I'd really welcome another Squackett album. Surprisingly dug that one.
    This is very close to where I'm at although I never pulled the trigger on Squackett.

Estimated Prophet notallwhowander's Avatar
    Is Trevor Horn going to produce the new one?

I, for one, dug FFH, and I have to say, it was Trevor that made the difference.
    Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by notallwhowander View Post
    Is Trevor Horn going to produce the new one?

I, for one, dug FFH, and I have to say, it was Trevor that made the difference.
    Agreed, but I seem to recall Henry indicating that it would be an associate (disciple?) of Horn's.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

meimjustalawnmower
    Is it just me or...

Quote Originally Posted by meimjustalawnmower View Post
    Is it just me or...
    I think it is just you. Downes has much more resemblance to another celebrity than to Baldwin, but I rather not post the picture and derail the thread.

meimjustalawnmower
    Quote Originally Posted by enpdllp View Post
    I think it is just you. Downes has much more resemblance to another celebrity than to Baldwin, but I rather not post the picture and derail the thread.
    Oh, c'mon! Those two guys might as well be brothers (as if Baldwin needs another chucklehead sibling). Besides, NOTHING can derail a YES thread!

It was really Trevor who made Fly From Here great, and also his old chemistry with Geoff. All the best tunes were old Buggles material, and Trevor's production coaxed the best out of the band. If the new Yes is minus Trevor, I suspect that for the first time I won't really bother with a new Yes. I didn't care for Steve and Chris' material on FFH.

Oh, and for the record, I'd rather have a new Producers album than a new Yes album!

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jUBAL View Post
    Yes to record another album
    ALL YUPPETS TO BATTLE STATIONS! ALL YUPPETS TO BATTLE STATIONS!

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Holm-Lupo View Post
    All the best tunes were old Buggles material, and Trevor's production coaxed the best out of the band.
    I thought "Into the Storm" was very strong, but I agree with you about Horn getting the best out of them.

Oh, and for the record, I'd rather have a new Producers album than a new Yes album!
    No reason why we can't have both.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Yes!
    I'm thinking there's room for some more Squackett in my vinyl collection; I have always had a thing for Chris Squire.

meimjustalawnmower
    Quote Originally Posted by VickiLynn View Post
    I have always had a thing for Chris Squire.
    Me too. He's hunky!

Banned
    It was really Trevor who made Fly From Here great, and also his old chemistry with Geoff. All the best tunes were old Buggles material, and Trevor's production coaxed the best out of the band. If the new Yes is minus Trevor, I suspect that for the first time I won't really bother with a new Yes. I didn't care for Steve and Chris' material on FFH.
    Wasn't most of the record full of Trevor and Geoff songs?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    I thought "Into the Storm" was very strong, but I agree with you about Horn getting the best out of them.

No reason why we can't have both.
    Horn cowrote Into The Storm. Btw, many I've read many articles from classic rock and prog magazines saying that Yes will record a new album after they wrap up the three albums tour, but none say how long the recording process will take or when the album will be released. I'm glad that Steve has quite Asia to focus on Yes. Also, I hope Jon D will have a very big rule in the writing process. Also, I hope this album with be a mix of The Yes Album, CTTE, and GFTO, since they are playing those full albums on tour. Or why do the tour at all?

Quote Originally Posted by JIF View Post
    Horn cowrote Into The Storm.
    I seem to recall that this was basically written w/o Horn, and that he really didn't contribute much to it. I dunno...maybe I'm just remembering Henry's posts incorrectly.

Btw, many I've read many articles from classic rock and prog magazines saying that Yes will record a new album after they wrap up the three albums tour, but none say how long the recording process will take or when the album will be released.
    Considering how early in the process they are, I can't see how this is surprising.

Or why do the tour at all?
    $$$$$$

evolving isn't new to Yes...... bring on the new species.

Banned
    No resemblece to Baldwin at all....but I always that male angel from "Touched like an Angel" looked like Geoff Downes. I forget the guys name.

Banned
    . Or why do the tour at all?
    why do YOU go to work everyday?