Thread: New Cirrus Bay Album "Places Unseen" Available at Bandcamp

New Cirrus Bay Album "Places Unseen" Available at Bandcamp

I was very pleased to get an email giving me the heads-up that this is now available. I say: go get it folks, it's great!

https://cirrusbay.bandcamp.com/album/places-unseen

(Mods: please delete the same thread I started in the OT forum by mistake.)

I have their previous releases and enjoy them. I'll likely buy this one as well.
    Mongrel dog soils actor's feet

Physical release?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Physical release?
    Next week.

Thanks.

Thanks for posting Bruce! I finally just managed to get the proper cover on the bandcamp page. The physical cds are being shipped from the factory today. When I get them, I'll immediately ship to Laser's Edge, Syn-Phonic and everyone. Hope you enjoy it

Physical cds should now be available. CD Baby received their copies yesterday.

This is Album Of The Year type material. Very strong. Love the new singer as well.
    The Prog Corner

Quote Originally Posted by miamiscot View Post
    This is Album Of The Year type material. Very strong. Love the new singer as well.
    Thank you very much for that comment!!

on my shopping list Bill, as always, looking forward to this...

"Angels die, redemption rages
    The age of man on an empty page
    And chances are
    This will save your soul or break it forever "

Quote Originally Posted by Kanukisbrave View Post
    on my shopping list Bill, as always, looking forward to this...
    Hoping it exceeds your expectations

Banned
    A great album; more pastoral than previous one, and it works extremely well to these ears.
    Favourite track: Boats

I think it's their best one yet. After "The Slipping of a Day", I've liked all of Cirrus Bay's releases from start to finish despite my generally not being a big fan of female vocalists. I have to say that the new vocalist on Places Unseen is their best find to date (not that the others were bad or anything). This album has all of the elements that I tend to like in music, prog or otherwise: well-composed tunes, interesting chord changes that keep me anticipating what's coming next, tasteful choices in keyboard timbres, a balance of guitar textures that includes acoustic 12-string and melodic electric as well as some "grit", thought-provoking lyrics, and a talented vocalist with a pleasing voice and a sense of nuance. Bill, you should be proud. This is an outstanding piece of work!

Quote Originally Posted by Svetonio View Post
    A great album; more pastoral than previous one, and it works extremely well to these ears.
    Favourite track: Boats
    Thank you! 'Boats' huh? Good to know!

Quote Originally Posted by Koreabruce View Post
    I think it's their best one yet. After "The Slipping of a Day", I've liked all of Cirrus Bay's releases from start to finish despite my generally not being a big fan of female vocalists. I have to say that the new vocalist on Places Unseen is their best find to date (not that the others were bad or anything). This album has all of the elements that I tend to like in music, prog or otherwise: well-composed tunes, interesting chord changes that keep me anticipating what's coming next, tasteful choices in keyboard timbres, a balance of guitar textures that includes acoustic 12-string and melodic electric as well as some "grit", thought-provoking lyrics, and a talented vocalist with a pleasing voice and a sense of nuance. Bill, you should be proud. This is an outstanding piece of work!
    I sure do appreciate those comments. Tai was someone Mark had worked with, he produced her solo album in fact. I'd thought of doing an instrumental album, but when Tai was on board, I got excited and wrote the title track, thinking of her voice. Thanks again, I can always hope that more than just a few will come to appreciate this one.