Thread: New Rush cover of "Subdivisions" by Allegaeon

New Rush cover of "Subdivisions" by Allegaeon

Surprisingly, this showed up in my Facebook "trending" section. Pretty good cover for a metal band, and the reaction overall, from the Facebook comunity anyway, is pretty positive. I don't know too much about Allegaeon, except that they are based out of Colorado, signed to MetalBlade, and have a new album on the way.

Nice.

Why does it seem it like the guitar and bass each have about 45% more strings than normal ones?

Pretty good. I was bracing for "Cookie Monster" vocals and was pleasantly surprised when I didn't hear them. Of course I checked out their stuff on YouTube and got an overdose of the "cookies"

The snare drum seems hyper-present and dry, particularly when the choirs with all the cavernous reverb get going. It's a jarring contrast. But otherwise this is nicely done.
    <sig out of order>

Old man of prog
    I think it's just awful.

Sweet.

Respectful cover and reasonably different.

Quote Originally Posted by progmeister View Post
    I think it's just awful.
    +1. Some songs don't need to be covered.

Not bad! I was expecting "cookie" 'SUBDIVISIONS' though

NEARfest Officer Emeritus Nearfest2's Avatar
    Solo breaks sound good. Most of the rest is a wall of chugga chugga. Not bad, probably not gonna listen again.
    Chad

Definitely won't be listening again. They can play the song, yes, but the production is devoid of any kind of warmth. So that just doesn't work for me.

Wow, much better than i was expecting and actually like it better than most of the stuff that was on that Working Man tribute album from years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by progmeister View Post
    I think it's just awful.
    I'll never understand the way in which some folks express their opinions on this site. Its totally normal and cool to not dig something, but for an artist who would peruse this thread to read comments like that is just plain hurtful. This is not about being P.C. - this is just about having enough couth and respect for artists that have gone out of their way to give us a piece of their art for free. I dunno, this is just me, and i don't expect people to change or to even give a fuck about what I'm saying here, but the excuse of "If it's out there, then I have every right to shit on it" seems like a cop-out but now socially acceptable in this current social media/Facebook world we live in. A little respect goes a long way. Carry on as you were....

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    I'll never understand the way in which some folks express their opinions on this site. Its totally normal and cool to not dig something, but for an artist who would peruse this thread to read comments like that is just plain hurtful. This is not about being P.C. - this is just about having enough couth and respect for artists that have gone out of their way to give us a piece of their art for free. I dunno, this is just me, and i don't expect people to change or to even give a fuck about what I'm saying here, but the excuse of "If it's out there, then I have every right to shit on it" seems like a cop-out but now socially acceptable in this current social media/Facebook world we live in. A little respect goes a long way. Carry on as you were....
    Couldn’t agree more. Always reminds me of this (by Steve Cutts):

"Dem Glücklichen legt auch der Hahn ein Ei."

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    This is not about being P.C.
    Heh. I assume you've been thru the thread where I gave shit to people for busting on a kid's youtube guitar videos with nothing constructive to say, and was told I was just being PC?

Quote Originally Posted by jamesmanzi View Post
    Heh. I assume you've been thru the thread where I gave shit to people for busting on a kid's youtube guitar videos with nothing constructive to say, and was told I was just being PC?
    Yeah, that thread is pretty embarrassing imo. Not our best moment. You are totally spot on - not one mention of anything constructive in any detailed capacity. It comes down to let's compare X to Y, and I hate that style of music so that person sucks. It kind of shows that some people don't give a fuck about others, and its all about "me, me, me". IMO. I had to get out of that one.