Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: UEFA Euro 2016 France

UEFA Euro 2016 France

FFS England! Typical of England to let their guard down with 3 minutes left to play. But that was only to be expected with so many Spurs players on the team.
    Well done to Wales for their win over Slovakia.
    And Thank God France beat Romania yesterday, as there's enough rioting going in France as it is, football related and otherwise, without bitter French fans adding to it.

But they played much more interesting football than Russia.

There was a lot of trouble in Marseille and according to http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...e-ahead-of-eu/ violence broke out after England fans started chanting: ‘Isis, where are you?!'”

Everything is complicated these days.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Bloody England, nice goal by Payet
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeuhlmate View Post
    But they played much more interesting football than Russia.
    Totally, they were running rings round Russia and playing exciting football. Russia were on the back foot for 90 minutes. Then.....

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Bloody England, nice goal by Payet
    Fantastic goal, a real "BAM..GET IN!!!"

Of course, there'll be murders if the Italian and English hooligans clash, especially if the Italians clash with the Liverpool contingent. Perhaps with the exception of England v Turkey, I can't think of a more hate filled encounter for hooligans. The death of 32 Italians (mostly Juventus fans) at The Heysel Stadium in 85 being the reason.

The Dutch aren't there so that that cuts down on the nonsense, the Poles, Albanians, & Italians are pretty serious. Been a lot of trouble from England 'fans' in Marseilles. They are an embarrassment.
    Ian

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Just watched footage of the assaults and riots. Classy group, Euro soccer fans.

Does it matter that this waste of time is what makes a life for you?

The Ireland and Scotland fans are usually the best behaved when they're at the world and Euro cups, and usually the best liked by others as well.

However, you'll note I used the word hooligans earlier because hooligans are only a very small percentage of travelling fans as a whole. Most fans from any country are not out fighting in public.

I fancy a few quid on england to get to the semi finals, while the odds are still high. A few quid to be made there I feel.

I have a Welsh grandmother so I'll be rooting for them when they aren't playing England.
    Ian

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Oreb View Post
    Just watched footage of the assaults and riots. Classy group, Euro soccer fans.
    Any thoughts on England beating Australia in the last test match?
    Ian

I have a Welsh grandmother so I'll be rooting for them when they aren't playing England.
    Well I'm kind of hoping Wales will eliminate England in football too, not just in Rugby

After all, we had the most difficult time to qualify in our group against them (1pt/6 against them)
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

kid is a Rugby fan... last European nation left alive
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Nice win by the Welsh - one of the teams that got one single superstar (Bale) in otherwise anonymous national teams. Portugal (Ronaldo) and Sweden (Ibrahomovic) in particular. However, these stars can be good catalysts to keep the spirit up in their teams, if they assume leadership. Teams with many individual stars trying to cooperate may be weak, especially under pressure. Surprises may be at hand, such as Belgium or Switzerland.
    My Progressive Workshop at http://soundcloud.com/hfxx

Quote Originally Posted by hFx View Post
    Nice win by the Welsh - one of the teams that got one single superstar (Bale) in otherwise anonymous national teams. Portugal (Ronaldo) and Sweden (Ibrahomovic) in particular. However, these stars can be good catalysts to keep the spirit up in their teams, if they assume leadership. Teams with many individual stars trying to cooperate may be weak, especially under pressure. Surprises may be at hand, such as Belgium or Switzerland.
    mmmhhh!!!!... I'm pretty sure there is a second Welsh that is world class (a midfield or defender), though his name escapes me now

BTW, wouldn't call Belgium a surprise.... they might actually be a disappointment this tournament, as expectations are so high.
    Last edited by Trane; 06-12-2016 at 06:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    mmmhhh!!!!... I'm pretty sure there is a second Welsh that is world class (a midfield or defender), though his name escapes me now

BTW, wouldn't call Belgium a surp^prise.... they might actually be a disappointment this tournament, as expectations are so high.
    Yes Belgium should definitely reach the semi finals, and may even repeat 1980 by reaching the final. Maybe the golden generation will deliver but I would still consider it as a surprise
    My Progressive Workshop at http://soundcloud.com/hfxx

Quote Originally Posted by hFx View Post
    Yes Belgium should definitely reach the semi finals, and may even repeat 1980 by reaching the final. Maybe the golden generation will deliver but I would still consider it as a surprise
    I can tell you that anyone knowledgeable about Belgium football knowing the inside news, reaching the 1/8 will be realist, the 1/4 surprising and 1/2 unlikely wishful thinking (IMHO, but not just mine), knowing that Germany and Portugal will stand in our trajectory... and this will depend whether Italy or us will finish first of our pool.

The golden generation is maybe half-over without Kompany's leadership. Coach Wilmots is a good gang-leader (though varnish cracks are showing), but not that strong a strategist.

The Belgium team is considered to be more than just a secret favourite over here in Germany.

I don't think England stands a big Chance 'course the Players are totally burned out after the season (they Play much more games than other european leagues),
    you could clearly see that against Russia, after 60 minutes they started to tire.

For my team the Germans it's gonna be hard, they have lots of Problems with injuries and everybody expects the World Champions to easily win this Cup.

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post

BTW, wouldn't call Belgium a surprise.... they might actually be a disappointment this tournament, as expectations are so high.
    Aaron Ramsey is a pretty big star for Wales and Arsenal.
    Ian

Brilliant!

Couple of pretty poor games today, Turkey & N Ireland didn't look very convincing. Croatia & Poland failed to convincingly dispatch them. And Germany score.
    Ian

I have found the Copa America games have been every bit as compelling - some amazing games due to local rivalries so far - Costa Rica v Columbia, Peru v Ecuador were really great grudge matches. Uruguay were a big disappointment - USA as usual very mixed but to hold on yesterday when down to 10 men was well done in a very ill-tempered match with Paraguay. Argentina finally opened up against Panama with Messi getting a hat-trick - Brazil v Peru tonight should be interesting too.
    Like the Euros I suppose the real deal begins when we are out of the group stages. And I write Schweinsteiger in a counter-attack brilliantly blasts a goal to nail it for Germany v Ukraine.