Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: The RIP Thread

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    RIP our 7 1/2 year-old cat, Iris, who we had to put down on Saturday. Not sure of the cause, but the vet ruled out a couple of things and then she was really too weak to put her through a bunch of tests. Fortunately, we still have five cats left!
    Sorry about Iris. That's young.
    We had 5 cats about a year and a half ago, and only 1 is left--although we have adopted 2 more in the interim.

Quote Originally Posted by Halmyre View Post
    He was in Cracker. Prime Suspect was Helen Mirren.
    I'm probably misremembering, but I thought they showed them on A&E over here with Prime Suspect as the header, and the actual title as a secondary title. I'm pretty sure that had something as a series title, but it may not have been Prime Suspect.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    RIP our 7 1/2 year-old cat, Iris, who we had to put down on Saturday. Not sure of the cause, but the vet ruled out a couple of things and then she was really too weak to put her through a bunch of tests. Fortunately, we still have five cats left!
    The one that lives in our house(belongs to my middle daughter from college)has lymphoma and is about eleven. The tumor is behind the left eye. About a month ago he came home looking like he had been in a bad fight, his left eye looked horrible. Little did I know cats have three eyelids and the extra one is on the bottom and pops up to cover and protect the eye, but looks like something from a cat horror movie. About a week later my oldest daughter removed the extra eyelid and he looks normal and can see just fine. They give him chemo once a month and other sorts of medicine. I'm not a cat person but Manny is okay and gets along with the pitbull. When they are gone no more pets, I've had enough in my life. Maybe I will set up a fish tank again.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

If you've had enough of dying pets, a fish tank is the worst option, in my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Halmyre View Post
    He was in Cracker. Prime Suspect was Helen Mirren.
    I always mix up those two.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    If you've had enough of dying pets, a fish tank is the worst option, in my experience.
    But it is a cheaper pet loss without the attachment.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    Sorry about Iris. That's young.
    We had 5 cats about a year and a half ago, and only 1 is left--although we have adopted 2 more in the interim.
    Wow, you lost a lot of cats in one year - that must have been rough. Iris was the runt of the litter, and was always really small. The vet thought she probably had some congenital or at least chronic condition. We still have her mother and brother, and three other cats from another litter, who are about a year younger.

In June, I had to put down my precious boy Tiberius...my Seal-point Siamese cat. He was only 9 years old and had very advanced cancer (Lymphoma). Needless to day I was devastated. I'd been a cat owner for over 35 years. I just couldn't get another one. But still wanting a pet companion, I got a puppy...first time dog owner. He's a Schnoodle (Schnauzer/Poodle cross). His name is Zefram and he is 4.5 months old now. His middle name is "Zevon" as he is definitely an "Excitable Boy"...LOL!!! He is very affectionate...loves people. I can't wait to watch him grow up.

Tiberius.jpg
    8 weeks old 1.jpg
    10-04-2022_3.jpg
    Last edited by progcd54; 10-21-2022 at 04:35 PM.
    "Frozen flaking fish raw nerve...In a cup of silver liquid fire" - Jethro Tull

They're both a couple of beautiful specimens. Congrats on the latter, condolences on the former.

Beautiful Siamese.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    A lovely dog. Mine passed at 9 in September (a cocker spaniel and a very important part of our family). Sorry for your loss.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Leslie Allen Jordan (April 29, 1955 – October 24, 2022) was an American actor, writer, and singer.[2] He was best known for his roles as Lonnie Garr on Hearts Afire (1993–1995), Beverly Leslie on Will & Grace (2001–2006, 2017–2020), for which he won the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Guest Actor in a Comedy Series in 2006, several characters in the American Horror Story franchise (2011–present), Sid on The Cool Kids (2018–2019), and Phil on Call Me Kat (2021–2023). One of his best-known onstage performances was in Sordid Lives, where he played Earl "Brother Boy" Ingram, a role he took to the big screen in the popular cult film of the same name. During the 2020 pandemic, he became an Instagram sensation, amassing 5.8M followers. In April 2021, he published his autobiography How Y'all Doing?: Misadventures and Mischief from a Life Well Lived.

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    A lovely dog. Mine passed at 9 in September (a cocker spaniel and a very important part of our family). Sorry for your loss.
    Thanks for the compliment!!! He's a sweetheart.

9 is just too DAMN young!!!!!!! I am so very sorry.

My new pup is a handful. But I am so excited to have him as part of my family. I fully understand your grief!!!
    "Frozen flaking fish raw nerve...In a cup of silver liquid fire" - Jethro Tull

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Goddamn, Bob from Sesame Street died! I actually didn't know he was still alive, but it's a sad day. RIP, Bob!

https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/04/enter...-8_PMiO-9zyGVI

this should sum up the year.... although they are dropping like flies today.

Last edited by BravadoNJ; 12-31-2022 at 07:58 PM.

There’s also this

Did I miss the dead of Ian McDonald?

Multi-instrumentalist in King Crimson. I wonder how Foreigner would have sounded if they had used more of his multi-instrumentalism.

Lisa Marie Presley

Quote Originally Posted by Rarebird View Post
    Did I miss the dead of Ian McDonald?

Multi-instrumentalist in King Crimson. I wonder how Foreigner would have sounded if they had used more of his multi-instrumentalism.
    There were a couple of threads which were quickly merged:

https://www.progressiveears.org/foru...+Macdonald+RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Camelogue View Post
    Lisa Marie Presley
    Kinda surprised there wasn't a RIP thread for her. RIP.

Rick Dashiell passed today. Big friend of the prog scene. There's going to be a tribute event next Saturday at Orion Studios in Baltimore.

Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post
    Rick Dashiell passed today. Big friend of the prog scene. There's going to be a tribute event next Saturday at Orion Studios in Baltimore.
    Wow! Are you serious? Rick was a great guy and a big supporter (and fixture) of Progday. He will be missed. RIP.
    Do not suffer through the game of chance that plays....always doors to lock away your dreams (To Be Over)

Unfortunately I am serious. Lost a battle to cancer earlier today. He was a good dude and I will definitely miss our chats.
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post
    Unfortunately I am serious. Lost a battle to cancer earlier today. He was a good dude and I will definitely miss our chats.
    Ok. I just found out through others online he had diabetes but didn't know he had cancer. I just posted on his fb page.
    Last edited by Digital_Man; 01-13-2023 at 05:46 PM.
    Do not suffer through the game of chance that plays....always doors to lock away your dreams (To Be Over)

Met Rick a few times over the years.

RIP