Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Camel touring this coming Fall?

Quote Originally Posted by sassenach99_1999 View Post
    Portland has this great place called the Aladdin Theater! Seattle has the Moore Theater. The Pantages Theater in Tacoma had The Musical Box play there...
    As much as I'd love to see them in the PNW, there's no way they would even come close to filling the Moore or Pantages (not sure of the capacity of the Aladdin).

When UK played up in Seattle they played at a small club called the Triple Door. I'd suspect Camel would be better suited for that size of venue and even then it may not be full.

There's just not the fan base up here.

I think people seem to have forgotten that Latimer isn't living in the US anymore but has relocated to the UK after the Farewell tour. As such I think the chance of him coming to the US to play a few gigs seems very unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisXymphonia View Post
    I think people seem to have forgotten that Latimer isn't living in the US anymore but has relocated to the UK after the Farewell tour. As such I think the chance of him coming to the US to play a few gigs seems very unlikely.
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

I agree. I'm fairly certain part of the reason for relocating to the UK again was the cost if medical bills in the US. At least here, any ongoing or future treatment would be free. Even if his health is now good enough to tour, the cost of insurance for a US tour may be prohibitive, and any tour promoter is going to insist on Insurance. I think any live work will be fairly close to home, although one or two US festival dates are perhaps a possibility.

I agree. They're only discussing the possibilities of a tour.

This is fabulous news. A big Camel fan since the late 70's, they were never in my sights as a live act until a friend living in San Jose called me up about 20+years ago to tell me that they were playing (Dust and Dreams tour)... have been blessed to see them now 3 times.and each has been magical - including the NEARfest show (yes, Anglagard made a great warm-up!). What strikes me most about Andy - and while there are many great guitarists, few can achieve this - instead of just playing the guitar, he absolutley becomes one with the guitar. If anyone doubts this, go check out this version of Ice. It is with the deepest and soul-felt happiness to hear this announcement!

The biggest questions: Who will be playing keyboards? bass? drums?