Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: Anderson/Stolt- "Invention of Knowledge"

Well, that escalated fast! Anderson, so garrulous about a million unfinished projects, largely kept this one a secret and now we have a really exciting project that's pretty imminent. I'm jazzed.

Henry
    Where Are They Now? Yes news: http://www.bondegezou.co.uk/wh_now.htm
    Blogdegezou, the accompanying blog: http://bondegezou.blogspot.com/

Love the artwork. Now I'm officially psyched.
    The Prog Corner

Quote Originally Posted by miamiscot View Post
    Love the artwork. Now I'm officially psyched.
    Same. That's a pretty sweet cover.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

This project looks awesome, Tom Brislin on keys is the icing on the cake.... looking much more forward to THIS than the Anderson/Ponty & Rabin/Wakeman thing.

It just "feels" good. Wonder which personality will win out. Just hoping this will be a success.
    The older I get, the better I was.

Beautiful artwork. Glad they went that direction - same artist as TFK for Desolation Rose and Banks of Eden (and I think Agents of Mercy albums as well).

Quote Originally Posted by bondegezou View Post
    Well, that escalated fast! Anderson, so garrulous about a million unfinished projects, largely kept this one a secret and now we have a really exciting project that's pretty imminent. I'm jazzed.

Henry
    So very true. Gotta love a nice surprise though. It's just interesting though that there has been talk about the album with Wakeman and Rabin for quite some time now and I'm not even sure if that is fully recorded at this point. Yet, this slipped between the cracks somehow. I too am jazzed as this album could be really good.

Henry
    I think we have to credit workaholic Stolt for ushering this to completion. With Flower Kings and his various side projects it isn't unusual for him to compose, record and release two, three or even four albums worth of music in a year!

This is pretty exciting - nice to see Nad Sylvan and Daniel Gildenlöw on there - unique and powerful vocalists themselves - long pieces suggest plenty of twists and turns in these songs.

Quote Originally Posted by Patelena396 View Post
    It's just interesting though that there has been talk about the album with Wakeman and Rabin for quite some time now and I'm not even sure if that is fully recorded at this point.
    Oh, there's only been talk about that project for 6 years or so... not long... not compared to Zamran, which has been talked about for over 15 years now! ;-)

I've not seen anything to suggest that proper recording sessions for ARW have even begun yet, although they could just be keeping news close to their chests. Best guess, they've got material demo'd and they've recruited the other players, but they've not started recording.

Henry

Quote Originally Posted by Man In The Mountain View Post
    This project looks awesome, Tom Brislin on keys is the icing on the cake.... looking much more forward to THIS than the Anderson/Ponty & Rabin/Wakeman thing.
    I agree about Brislin's involvement being exciting as well as some of the other talented musicians who are a part of this as well. The Anderson/Ponty album was nice enough, but the Rabin/Wakeman collaboration is also pretty compelling IMO.

Oh, there's only been talk about that project for 6 years or so... not long... not compared to Zamran, which has been talked about for over 15 years now! ;-)

I've not seen anything to suggest that proper recording sessions for ARW have even begun yet, although they could just be keeping news close to their chests. Best guess, they've got material demo'd and they've recruited the other players, but they've not started recording.

Henry
    Yes, there is a lot of talk about how excited they are about the material, but i haven't seen anything to indicate an actual recording. There has been reference to releasing it later this year though. If that is the case, one would think that there is some level of recording happening at this this point. Then again, with how long this has been talked about, release dates can change. That said, it's pretty great though as it has been a while since I was this excited about a JA related project. Both the Stolt and the Rabin/Wakeman projects could be really entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by SRS View Post
    Is the cover artist the same as Desolation Rose? Many similar elements to my eyes.Desolation.jpg
    The Culture Cafe, Sundays 6-9am on WWUH-FM
    Broadcasting from the University of Hartford, CT at 91.3FM, streaming at www.wwuh.streamrewind.com and at www.wwuh.org

Quote Originally Posted by BrianG View Post
    Is the cover artist the same as Desolation Rose? Many similar elements to my eyes.Desolation.jpg
    With heavily layered digital graphics like this it's not too hard to take elements, rearrange them, and come up with something new but comprised of the same sources.

But I have another question. I see there's a track on that list called "Know". Will this be the same music that was being talked about around the time of the Keys to Ascension recordings?
    I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

I agree about Brislin's involvement being exciting as well as some of the other talented musicians who are a part of this as well. The Anderson/Ponty album was nice enough, but the Rabin/Wakeman collaboration is also pretty compelling IMO.
    It's lovely, particularly after we've had so many losses from the world of prog, to be in a situation where there are multiple competing projects from that generation of musicians still exciting us.

Henry

Quote Originally Posted by Paulrus View Post
    But I have another question. I see there's a track on that list called "Know". Will this be the same music that was being talked about around the time of the Keys to Ascension recordings?
    Oooh...forgot about that, Paul. Good question.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Paulrus View Post
    I doubt it. Know was the planned title for the Keys to Ascension 2 studio tracks as a standalone album, but it would have been exactly the same tracks. There wasn't a piece of music called "Know" then. I think "know" is just one of those words that Anderson keeps circling back to.

Henry

Yes, good to know Jon is quite prolific at the moment. I'll be taking a close interest in both this and his project with Wakeman/Rabin.

It's lovely, particularly after we've had so many losses from the world of prog, to be in a situation where there are multiple competing projects from that generation of musicians still exciting us.

Henry
    I agree. It is absolutely fantastic. The only bad thing is that June is three months away. I want to hear this Anderson/Stolt project now! 😀

Blink and you can miss a lot in Andersonland! Sounds very exciting and the song lengths suggest there should be something to get our teeth into. I'm pretty enthused by this news, and it is great to see our old favourites pushing forwards with energy again.

Dang, I am also one who has been critical of Jon for talking about projects that don't become anything, but I'm happy to see he's proving me wrong these days. Glad to see him so active.

I want to be excited but at this point I'm cautious that a 70+ year old Jon can only drag the project down.
    You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...

The Rabin/Wakeman collaboration is a big question mark, I think. I expect something leaning towards being more commercial/accessible, yet missing the ball in some respect. (Though I will admit I'm not a Trevor Rabin fan.) Whereas this Stolt project looks totally PROG to me, and the musicians still have fire in their bellies. I think in comparison to the last YES album, or the last few YES albums, this could be a real revelation.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ88 View Post
    Yes, good to know Jon is quite prolific at the moment. I'll be taking a close interest in both this and his project with Wakeman/Rabin.
    Prolific? But he hasn't released anything for ages apart from the AP thing which I am not interested in. I've lost count of the Anderson projects which have just vanished without a trace. What's happening with Zamran for example? Even it was released I have very low expectations I'm afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Man In The Mountain View Post
    The Rabin/Wakeman collaboration is a big question mark, I think. I expect something leaning towards being more commercial/accessible, yet missing the ball in some respect. (Though I will admit I'm not a Trevor Rabin fan.) Whereas this Stolt project looks totally PROG to me, and the musicians still have fire in their bellies. I think in comparison to the last YES album, or the last few YES albums, this could be a real revelation.
    I agree with you on the exciting PROG elements of the Anderson/Stolt project. I am a fan of Rabin as well and this sort of presents a best of both worlds scenario to me. I fully expect that the AWR project will mix prog with some pop/rock elements and I am cool with that. Considering Rabin's last solo album and overall talent though, it may be unfair to assume anything about the new project with Wakeman & Anderson. I expect to enjoy it regardless of what direction t goes.