Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Prog T- shirts

It's interesting that they have a Komara shirt.

My wife made this one for me:

image1.jpg

KC - Discipline
    KC - LTiA
    Ozric Tentacles
    PF - DSoTM
    Fireballet
    Rush - Caress of Steel
    GFRR - RED (ok, not Prog but a bad-ass shirt none-the-less)
    Il tempio delle clessidre (Italian band that played at NF in 20xx?)
    Atomic Bitch Wax

NEARfest Officer Emeritus Nearfest2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post
    I know RASH is RUSH's alter ego and is sort of an in joke by the band but I am not really sure why they have t shirts for it. I think people who don't know who RUSH is just won't understand it so ultimately it's an in thing by and for the fans.
    That's the point.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post
    They could go one step further actually. Instead of a shirt that says Alex and Geddy and Neil there should be one that says Dirk and Lerxst and Pratt. That will really have the casual fans scratching their heads.
    There were "got geddy?", "got lerxst?", and "got pratt?" shirts circulating a few years ago. (I don't remember a "got dirk?" shirt.)
    Chad

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    I designed and ordered this one a few years ago:

http://www.cafepress.com/cp/customiz...umber=62054511

The Zee Eff Tee surely wouldn't approve, but it was just a one-off.

Quote Originally Posted by Nearfest2 View Post

There were "got geddy?", "got lerxst?", and "got pratt?" shirts circulating a few years ago. (I don't remember a "got dirk?" shirt.)
    Then there were these too:
    100700gershonsshirt.jpg100700slobovichshirt.jpg

I don't buy any anymore but I gotta say that I love that Bob Marley one posted on page 2!
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

Dushanbe - Music For Helicopter Rides

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    The two I've worn (out most are:

Marillion - the one based on the Carlsberg Beer logo that says "Probably the best band in the world."

Fish - The Chocolate Frog Records logo on a brown shirt with the lyrics for Chocolate Frogs on the back.

I also really like the Keneally shirt with the beheaded dog logo - I have that in brown.

Quote Originally Posted by flowerking View Post
    A nearly 40 year old t-shirt? You must have never worn it. Tell the truth, you bought it and had it vacuum sealed. Or maybe frozen in liquid nitrogen?
    No..it lives! Most of the other shirts I listed are as old or older....my mom was a pioneer of Rubbermaid totes!

I also have a Black Sabbath tour '78 shirt that goes for crazy bucks on eBay, and on the side I have all the original Frankie Goes To Hollywood shirts, including one so rare that its authenticity apparently can't be verified (I can verify it). It has a photo of Reagan on the front with a bullet hole in his temple, with the slogan "Only Frankie Can Stop Me Now". I get the impression there are very few of these in existence. I actually got thrown out of a college sociology class in 1983 for wearing it, sans discussion. Ah, Georgia!

Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    Attachment 7003

Ordered this plus the Henry Cow one in tan
    I popped for The Caves of Altamira & See Emily Play, Frankie.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by dgtlman View Post
    That Gershon's shirt is pretty good!

WTF?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    Attachment 7003

Ordered this plus the Henry Cow one in tan
    I got those plus Rock in Opposition and Matching Mole, and I'm tempted to buy half a dozen others...

• Warning: Camel on the Road (my oldest concert tee from 1992. R.I.P., Camel shirt!)
    • Progfest ’94 (only pull this one out for special occasions these days)
    • Progfest ’95 (this one held up for a long time, but I think it’t time to finally retire it)
    • Ars Nova (red silk-screening on black. Supposedly XL, but feels more like a small. The stitching on the hems fell apart after only a couple of wearings, and I immediately retired it)
    • Änglagård (I severely missed getting the most excellent shirt with the orange Hybris sun and had to settle for this murky gray offering. Retired)
    • Cast (Angels & Demons 20th Anniversary Tour. The front has a tasteful upper left chest logo, the back is a huge silk-screened image of the Angels & Demons logo. Don’t wear out hiking if you don’t want your back all sweaty)
    • Yes (Fragile cover)
    • Änglagård (Black shirt that I picked up during that 2007 reunion show at NEARFest. Soon to be retired because of hems coming loose.)
    • Pink Floyd (Atom Heart Mother cover. I like this one even though it’s 2XL and hangs like a tent on me. Found at a close-out sale at the Pleasant Hill Rasputin’s).

There’s probably more that I’m forgetting, like the ink-printer T-shirts I made of some obscure prog album covers (Semiramis, Gòtic, etc.)
    Confirmed Bachelors: the dramedy hit of 1883...

Don't have too many. I have a Thinking Plague RIO 2012 shirt, a Hackett 'beyond the shrouded horizon' shirt and that's it unfortunately. I do have older Cocteau Twins and High Violets shirts when those bands were making their music that I enjoyed. I probably need to get out more.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bill g View Post
    Don't have too many. I have a Thinking Plague RIO 2012 shirt, a Hackett 'beyond the shrouded horizon' shirt and that's it unfortunately. I do have older Cocteau Twins and High Violets shirts when those bands were making their music that I enjoyed. I probably need to get out more.
    I tried to squeeze into a L of that one at RIO, wasn't going to happen so I rather disappointingly handed it back.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.
    I'm one of the 212.

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    I popped for The Caves of Altamira & See Emily Play, Frankie.

Good, misery loves company , I hope they're not shite!

http://www.djtees.com/product/soft-machine-t-shirt/

I might have to spring for this one too - me like.

Quote Originally Posted by Nearfest2 View Post
    Nice! A little bit of trivia for you... My wife and I vacationed in Roatan for spring break 2003. Outside of our hotel, there were always geckos sunning themselves or scurrying around the building on the walls and railings. About half way through the week, I turned to her and said, "You know what? A gecko would be a cool idea for the NEARfest shirt this year!" So, when I got home, I called Roger and he was all for it. I love the colors that he used for it. When speaking to Michael Bennett, I suggested placing just the gecko on the front of the shirt like it was climbing the wearer, just like the walls in Roatan.

Later, I re-purposed the gecko for the NEARfest Records logo (with his permission).
    That's pretty great man! My father-in-laws wife always comments on it and would pay large sums for one but I told her that those things are now ancient artifacts.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddhabreath View Post
    I got those plus Rock in Opposition and Matching Mole, and I'm tempted to buy half a dozen others...
    Nice. There are some pretty odd vintage Genesis ones there too.