Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: Prog T- shirts

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    I had an ANAL/CUNT t shirt. Gave it to a friend who I thought would wear it and even he wouldn't wear it.
    Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    I had an ANAL/CUNT t shirt. Gave it to a friend who I thought would wear it and even he wouldn't wear it.
    Your friend sounds like an a-hole.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

I sold all my old '80's shirts that were shrunken to Buffalo Exchange and got about $600 for the lot. Their eyes got really wide when they saw what I had as they had no concert/rock tee's at all. Should have kept a couple even if they don't fit but I thought they are just filling up drawers so why keep them? Kansas from Vinyl Confessions - my first show - and The Kinks State Of Confusion - only time I got to see them and they rocked - were the two I thought of keeping.

Sold them in two batches and when I came back the second time they had some of my shirts on their mannequins. I remember a red Stryper To Hell With The Devil that I cut the sleeves off on one. One of the employees said she bought my Iron Maiden Number Of The Beast that was really tattered.

The oldest shirt I have now is Rush RTB from '92. Three I'm missing that really tick me off are a Helloween German tour shirt given to me by a kid from Germany(Keeper Part One), a ZRock No Dickheads with a killer circle slash over a penis in a sit), the aforementioned Rainbow Stranger In Us All and a Flotsam and Jetsam with the word fuck in it but I can't remember what it said exactly.

I've got about thirty in the closet these days. Want to pick up a few Rush shirts from their site but alas they don't have Rash shirts and they don't seem to exist for sale. Can't seem to find any Spock's Beard shirts either as I don't have one of them. I did find one supposedly but they only took PayPal, which I don't have and don't want, or a bank transfer which I don't know how to do.

Need a couple more Maiden shirts as well. Saw one last time I saw them that was probably for fan club members or something as it was custom for Vegas with the Welcome To sign on it. Wanted one but they weren't for sale, I just saw someone wearing it. I also could use a couple Helloween shirts, Keeper part 1 & 2 at least.

And this one, Rainbow Straight Between The Eyes. Someone mentioned it earlier and here it is.

https://bestrocktshirts.com/index.ph...-black-t-shirt
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoony View Post
    The Kinks State Of Confusion - only time I got to see them and they rocked
    That was my only Kinks show, too. When I got there, the row my ticket was for didn't exist, because the show had sold poorly so they reconfigured the arena setup. Anyway, they found a place for me to sit that was OK. The part of the show I'll always remember was at the end when they played "You Really Got Me" and someone somehow got hold of the bottom end of Dave Davies's guitar, and Dave engaged in a tug of war to get his guitar back while the rest of the band played on.
    Hurtleturtled Out of Heaven - an electronic music composition, on CD and vinyl
    https://michaelpdawson.bandcamp.com
    http://www.waysidemusic.com/Music-Pr...MCD-spc-7.aspx

^^ I thought it was ridiculous when Ray Davies claimed the Kinks were the first metal band, because Van Halen covered You Really Got Me. By that logic, Roy Orbison beat the Kinks to the punch by a couple of months, because VH also covered Oh Pretty Woman.

^^

Ray Davies could have gone further back and claimed to be one of the first proto-metal band, with Flock's version of Tired of Waiting (1969)
    We walked arm in arm with madness, and every little breeze whispered of the secret love we had for our disease

The eons are closing
    Found my KC Level 5 shirt, wearing it today.
    If you have the disc - the shirt is the color of the cover with the artwork too. 2001 tour dates on back - was at Beacon show w my now wife.

And when the hell is DGM going to re offer ITCotCK shirt in white again. The one I have is from my original order to Possible Productions here in 97. Cant wear it outside anymore.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    That was my only Kinks show, too. When I got there, the row my ticket was for didn't exist, because the show had sold poorly so they reconfigured the arena setup. Anyway, they found a place for me to sit that was OK. The part of the show I'll always remember was at the end when they played "You Really Got Me" and someone somehow got hold of the bottom end of Dave Davies's guitar, and Dave engaged in a tug of war to get his guitar back while the rest of the band played on.
    That happened here also. The fans up close were damned near dragging Dave into the audience. He was playing like a rock god. Funny thing is I don't have the ticket stub from that show as it was odd, one of the last shows at the Las Vegas convention center. They took our ticket stubs on the way in. One of two shows there I saw as I was too young to see shows there.

I'd swear that it happened after the State Of Confusion album came out but am unsure of that. The local rag tells me different. Without that stub I don't know when that happened. Setlist has it as May 4 1983. It just seems in my mind that I knew Come Dancing before the show.

Oh, I remembered what that Flotsam shirt said, I'm So Fucking Happy. Doesn't go so well out in public.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoony View Post
    I'd swear that it happened after the State Of Confusion album came out but am unsure of that. The local rag tells me different. Without that stub I don't know when that happened. Setlist has it as May 4 1983. It just seems in my mind that I knew Come Dancing before the show.
    "Come Dancing" was already out as a single in April (I had it). The show I saw (in San Diego) was April 29 according to my ticket stub, but setlist.com says May 5. I also thought I already had the album before the show, but my journal shows I got it in June.

An official Gentle Giant shirt now coming from the band:

Gentle Giant is pleased to announce the very first ‘OFFICIAL’ t-shirt from the band’s own merchandise line. The t-shirt design was inspired by an old poster from a show the band played in Zurich, Switzerland in 1975.

The exclusive pre-sale is available from now until October 1st. All sizes will be available exclusively at GentleGiantBand.com

Use code GG10 for 10% off (valid only for pre-sale)

We hope all friends, fans and followers will enjoy wearing the first of the many ‘OFFICIAL’ Gentle Giant merch!

Visit GentleGiantBand.com for more info.

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    Just got my Big Big Train " Tour That Never Was" shirt, with both dates i had tix for (Mpontreal, Northampton) among the tour dates printed on back. Least I can do to support the band.

https://burningshed.com/store/bigbig...er-was_t-shirt

Too many to count indeed, but when thinking about my cherry picks and my latest ones:

NOT in particular order of preference -
    2019: Prog Stock, Saga, Marillion Weekend Montreal, Iron Maiden Legacy (for my son, very pricey) and really latest is Roger Hodgson (Breakfast in America 40th)
    2020: ZERO :-(

Older favs: IQ (vintage from 2004 and 2017), ALL NearFest T-shirts (about 8), Yes 50th Tye die, Yes Topographic Drama 2016 & 2019 Royal Affair hoodies. Desert Trip 2016.

Still wear them all and yes, I never put them in the dryer!

The eons are closing
    Found my Sunsets on Empire shirt...not too shabby shape.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Death inspires me like a dog inspires a rabbit

My home-made prog and related t-shirts:

Mine:

Magma
    Magma
    Magma- Kobaiah cover
    King Crimson first album cover
    Sun Ra
    John Coltrane
    MC5
    Downbeat 50th Anniversary- Mingus
    I'm not lazy. I just work so fast I'm always done.

Univers Zero- Heresie shirt...it's getting old though.
    Magma
    Bent Knee - shiny eyed babies
    The Tea Club

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Czar View Post
    Univers Zero- Heresie shirt...it's getting old though.
    Magma
    Bent Knee - shiny eyed babies
    The Tea Club
    I have 3 of those
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

my wife loves to make quilts . 18D62C41-8FEB-475F-B5A1-88F382C3ACBA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Proghound View Post
    Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by Proghound View Post
    Amazing!
    My Progressive Workshop at http://soundcloud.com/hfxx

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Just delivered, but I'm not at home right now...
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/FROG-HOLL...n-XL/771222564

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    Just delivered, but I'm not at home right now...
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/FROG-HOLL...n-XL/771222564
    Nice score! Nobody will know what that means but who cares?